Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Gannon wrote: »
    a20txc566o11.png
    It's just ridiculous with the current system
    The root problem I see there is the mismatch between your respective character and fleet GPs.

Your opponent is fleet-heavy and ought to be able to completely dominate you in fleet battles. Conversely, you are squad-heavy and should be able to dominate him on the ground.

This mismatch is compounded by the map favoring squad dominance over fleet dominance. He can't even get to your fleet without going through a squad territory which you will doubtless defend well and fleet battles are worth a lot less than squad battles in terms of banners per point of GP deployed.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    a20txc566o11.png
    The root problem I see there is the mismatch between your respective character and fleet GPs.

Your opponent is fleet-heavy and ought to be able to completely dominate you in fleet battles. Conversely, you are squad-heavy and should be able to dominate him on the ground.

This mismatch is compounded by the map favoring squad dominance over fleet dominance. He can't even get to your fleet without going through a squad territory which you will doubtless defend well and fleet battles are worth a lot less than squad battles in terms of banners per point of GP deployed.

Yea but I'm higher in fleet arena also, so I'll likely dominate his fleet too lol 😆 it's just so dumb.
    a20txc566o11.png

Yea but I'm higher in fleet arena also, so I'll likely dominate his fleet too lol 😆 it's just so dumb.
    LOL! Well that part's on him. With 1.3 mill GP there he has no excuse.
  • I am actually on the other side of this right now (as I often am) with 1.07m squad GP vs my opponent's 1.37m. (Both around 2.03m total)

I can totally own him on the fleet side but that is almost irrelevant given the issues I mentioned previously. I'm not writing this one off just yet - I've pulled off some unlikely wins in the past - but it doesn't look good.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    All the people complaining about matchmaking I have a question. They already match by individual gp. How would you like them to do it? If you inflate your gp by collecting toons you aren’t going to use you will be overmatched. It’s extremely unrealistic to expect them to write an algorithm that sorts by gp and goes through each characters roster to make sure nobody has characters you don’t have. I think I t’s a great game mode. If you don’t like it you have the option to not join.

Keep the gp match. Over 3-5 GA’s people who finish in bottom 4 face similar GP of other ppl who finished bottom 4 same with winners

By the 3-5th GA the winners bracket gets to find out who the good players Are. And the losers get a chance to win everyone benefits. Its not hard man
  • Honig76 wrote: »
    Fix this unfair unmodding. My enemy has 1,7 gp lol.. Here He is

02xwofdiyo2f.jpg

wir2n896muf5.jpg

Finding Rivals just has to be calculated by rank and Stars, fix this unfair game play, EA

I concur. It's ludicrously unfair, and happily exploited by many players.

My match this go: 2.1 mil gp, right.

khtiw9zz21a9.jpg

fwzz393yw2tq.jpg

• Building a algorithm that matches players by # of g12, # of g11, # of g10, would be best but that's just wayy too complicated. We should celebrate that the matchmaking based on gp vs gp!!! Hip hip hooray!!!

P.s. don't gear anyone unless it's to g 12...
  • I don't like being set against a far stronger roster and getting slapped around. Not one bit.

But I can accept the if the other guy has better tools at his disposal for that particular game mode. He'll beat me fair and square, and I move on to the next match. If we had a match-making that's only pairing rosters of (almost) equal strength, we'd have 8 laser-focused rosters battling it out and 8 not-so focused ones. But the winner of each bracket would walk away with the same rewards. I wouldn't call that fair either.

I think a bracket of 8 players gives enough variety in roster strength to get 1-2 winnable matches. If I can't win a single one, I'll have to concede that I'm the slowest horse in the race.

Roster for reference: https://swgoh.gg/p/358162817/characters/

I wouldn't call it too shabby, but I won't expect to win every round with it. There's way stronger guys out there in my GP range, and they should go home with better loot than me.

I do support however that the individual balance of ships vs. toons should be taken into consideration. @Gannon 's sample matchup shouldn't happen, imho.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Ya know, if they reduced the pool of GA players to 4, and only two rounds.. Fewer ppl would feel slapped around also 😉
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Ya know, if they reduced the pool of GA players to 4, and only two rounds.. Fewer ppl would feel slapped around also 😉
    But then GAs would be shorter so CG would increase the frequency and reduce the loot. More slapping around for less pay! :D
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    If someone was so laser focused to go lean..they did it to be Competitive..in thier arena...vs lean.....if someone went broad...they did so in there arena....broad.....

I'm not buying I went lean so I deserve to win........wrong...I went broad so I deserve to win.. probably spent more money than you too....so I deserve to win even more so. This isn't a game of resource management..it is an RPG game. To make it a strategy game now where resource management must be used.. then do so..change where it listed..(RPG vs Strategy) and compensate those who joind when it was RPG...or give us our own arena where we can can compete against those with the same roster for the same rewards as those who want it lean....why should I get last place rewards vs super lean rosters..when players with half as much GP as I have who have'nt even spent a fraction of what I have are getting the same premium rewards for 1st In thier group of 8. This is where GA is so screwed up. Not only are they mismatched but players no where near what I have in GP or have spent are receiving better rewards as well. When I started when this was An RPG...not a strategy game. And there is no word on CG fixing this or attempting to rectify it. When it would be so easy for them to do so. In the meantime... were getting shafted and have to continue to take the shafting.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    If someone was so laser focused to go lean..they did it to be Competitive..in thier arena...vs lean.....if someone went broad...they did so in there arena....broad.....

I'm not buying I went lean so I deserve to win........wrong...I went broad so I deserve to win.. probably spent more money than you too....so I deserve to win even more so. This isn't a game of resource management..it is an RPG game. To make it a strategy game now where resource management must be used.. then do so..change where it listed..(RPG vs Strategy) and compensate those who joind when it was RPG...or give us our own arena where we can can compete against those with the same roster for the same rewards as those who want it lean....why should I get last place rewards vs super lean rosters..when players with half as much GP as I have who have'nt even spent a fraction of what I have are getting the same premium rewards for 1st In thier group of 8. This is where GA is so screwed up. Not only are they mismatched but players no where near what I have in GP or have spent are receiving better rewards as well. When I started when this was An RPG...not a strategy game. And there is no word on CG fixing this or attempting to rectify it. When it would be so easy for them to do so. In the meantime... were getting shafted and have to continue to take the shafting.

Sticky this !!!!!!!!!
  • I am barely ever on this forum because I truly loathe the incessant complaining. And I've always despised the customer is always right attitude when it results in people just being squeaky wheels until they get their way.

This game is entertainment and fun, too much time on this forum just spoils that for me personally.

With that said, I reaeaaaally can't stand the GA matchmaking system, especially when it gets compounded with the newsest OP of the month.

I really like Grand Arena. And I have enjoyed many close losses that had me second guessing my strategy. It is actually more fun than rolling over another player who never should have been matched up with me in GA.

But it's not fun at all to see that I am matched up against someone with twice as many G12 characters + Traya, Revan, Revan, AND Malek when I have none of them.

However, I think the best solution would be if we could see our own, and our opponents, overall GA W-L record. I am guessing that most of us are around .500 overall. As broad as my roster is and even though I'm almost always in the bottom half in terms of total G12 characters, I have had one 3-0 finish and one 0-3 finish since GA stated. And I probably have one or two more 1-2 finishes than 2-1. Not too bad.

I just hate being matched up against someone who is obviously going to win 48 hours before our matchup ends because we should have never been paired up.

The game should be fun, make it more fun.
  • Building a algorithm that matches players by # of g12, # of g11, # of g10, would be best but that's just wayy too complicated. We should celebrate that the matchmaking based on gp vs gp!!! Hip hip hooray!!!

P.s. don't gear anyone unless it's to g 12...

You have to be kidding? That's like...one of the most basic algorithms a person could actually write. Oh dear, we simply can't force a computer to factor in multiple variables. It might cave in on itself...
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »

Sticky this !!!!!!!!!

Yes it is I agree..but I'm so tired or hearing self proclaim lean rosters claiming they deserve it.....how come? Go through all the pain of working on all the toons not just a handful to shortcut your way to wins.. premium rewards..for half the work! If CG would just fix the GA then we could stop with a 96 page thread with numerous complaints on each page..and get back to enjoying a game. Why is it they are continuing to stretch out this game mode that is broken and don't work.....I have plenty of losses on this game mode already and you keep putting me in higher brackets of loss with each 50k GP gain. As I Increase my power to do better in this GA they increase the opponents as well keeping me disadvantage. Why? If my opponent only has to deal with the top half of his rosters GP..then so should I. There is no going back. Only always forward.
    a20txc566o11.png

Arena 55 vs. 864?
    lol, really great Job CG!
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    I am requesting a response from EA/CG/SWGOH.....

Why is Grand Arena (most notably) including Territory war being allowed to be mismatched?

How/why is it that the algorithm is being managed to favor lean rosters over broad rosters, for GA. And sandbagging for TW and it neither is being balanced?

I would like too show you a few things highlighted from your game description in Google play. All of which I have done and now I'm being disadvantage because of it.

1lrnvz7jt9zo.jpg
  • reovalis
    13 posts Member
    I LOVE the 3v3 including ships. It helps smooth out the inconsistencies with GP matching. You actually need to theory-craft instead of just "following the instructions".
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    reovalis wrote: »
    I LOVE the 3v3 including ships. It helps smooth out the inconsistencies with GP matching. You actually need to theory-craft instead of just "following the instructions".

Did you not see my pic above of my first round? Needless to say, I cleared his board easily and he couldn't break a single zone.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    reovalis wrote: »

I wouldn't disagree..but the matchaking is still one sided and favoring a select few of players over others...instead of matching with ability of roster you are random group of people with 1 similarity....GP....it is broken!
  • I couldn't believe someone at 4.6M GP did not have Traya, Darth Revan or Malak.

Poor guy would come last every time at that tier.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    This map is simple stupid... you stack the bottom on D let em have the top... you take thier bottom GG. Ships is pathetic and worthless this GA
  • I would agree except I have been playing a very long time and always from China. The issues are always bad just after updates but I guess that is the same for everyone. But GA has been a disaster. I used to be part of a big wechat group here of SWGOH players, pretty much everyone quit since GA started. But most were young whales (only type of player that seems to exist here lol) so not in the game as long as I have been.

Only an **** would quit because of GA. It is not the game. Just part of the game that is optional.
  • CarterTHX wrote: »
    If they really wanted GA to be a battle of skill instead of a battle of the wallet, just give us Event/Arena toons to use. Both sides get the same pool of toons & mods to use.

Most of my other thoughts on GA won't make it past the forum filter.

I have been working my roster to be more GA ready. Developing my teams of 5 and teams of 3. I am 1.8 mil gp. Today a really strong G12 Bastille jolee mace team ran out the timer on my zboosl Greedo cad team. I had to bring in my harder hitting Poe Finn Rey scab team. I ended up passing and wiping his whole field.

I had these teams prepared for this and saved in my squads. People are actually strategizing with the anticipation of needing strong alternatives. It is a test of skill.

Now I just need to learn the best 3 types against KRU Fox combos.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I would agree except I have been playing a very long time and always from China. The issues are always bad just after updates but I guess that is the same for everyone. But GA has been a disaster. I used to be part of a big wechat group here of SWGOH players, pretty much everyone quit since GA started. But most were young whales (only type of player that seems to exist here lol) so not in the game as long as I have been.

Only an **** would quit because of GA. It is not the game. Just part of the game that is optional.

Why not the mod gap being created by GA mismatching is Massive
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I am actually on the other side of this right now (as I often am) with 1.07m squad GP vs my opponent's 1.37m. (Both around 2.03m total)

I can totally own him on the fleet side but that is almost irrelevant given the issues I mentioned previously. I'm not writing this one off just yet - I've pulled off some unlikely wins in the past - but it doesn't look good.
    My opponent ended up beating himself! :D

He only deployed 2 squads to his rear zone rather than 4, leaving him short on defensive banners and then compounded his mistake by waiting until the last moment to attack and failing to take down my defenses quickly enough. He was still fighting even after the attack phase timer expired.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    DrKenobi wrote: »
    I am barely ever on this forum because I truly loathe the incessant complaining. And I've always despised the customer is always right attitude when it results in people just being squeaky wheels until they get their way.

This game is entertainment and fun, too much time on this forum just spoils that for me personally.

With that said, I reaeaaaally can't stand the GA matchmaking system, especially when it gets compounded with the newsest OP of the month.

I really like Grand Arena. And I have enjoyed many close losses that had me second guessing my strategy. It is actually more fun than rolling over another player who never should have been matched up with me in GA.

But it's not fun at all to see that I am matched up against someone with twice as many G12 characters + Traya, Revan, Revan, AND Malek when I have none of them.

However, I think the best solution would be if we could see our own, and our opponents, overall GA W-L record. I am guessing that most of us are around .500 overall. As broad as my roster is and even though I'm almost always in the bottom half in terms of total G12 characters, I have had one 3-0 finish and one 0-3 finish since GA stated. And I probably have one or two more 1-2 finishes than 2-1. Not too bad.

I just hate being matched up against someone who is obviously going to win 48 hours before our matchup ends because we should have never been paired up.

The game should be fun, make it more fun.

Totally agree with this.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    I would agree except I have been playing a very long time and always from China. The issues are always bad just after updates but I guess that is the same for everyone. But GA has been a disaster. I used to be part of a big wechat group here of SWGOH players, pretty much everyone quit since GA started. But most were young whales (only type of player that seems to exist here lol) so not in the game as long as I have been.

Why don’t you then?

The worst thing GA has caused is a raft of players not levelling / gearing toons as if it suddenly makes them a master strategist, whilst a similar number are not even trying to win because they’re convinced that a 100k GP differential is completely insurmountable.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member

Why don’t you then?

The worst thing GA has caused is a raft of players not levelling / gearing toons as if it suddenly makes them a master strategist, whilst a similar number are not even trying to win because they’re convinced that a 100k GP differential is completely insurmountable.

And then there are players who are really trying...still can't pass 1 win..only gets that because opponents don't attack or set defense back....and then gearing up the most viable toons and adding zatas....just to be kicked in The balls and matched with opponents even stronger then the ones they can't currently beat, still out matched with more zatas..and better mods..but because they almost have a fully developed roosters (minus a few toons) who can't be used and and have no effect on the outcome of the match other then dead weight can't be used to overcome the g12 Zata toons they have too match against, all because they carry GP that drags them down. And CG says it's fair, equal because you are all going for the same rewards and have similar GP. When they are useless and the algorithm continues to disadvantage them. And CG SWGOH don't care to look at it and fix it ...figure that 38 zatas vs 56 is fair because Mr/Ms lean didn't invest in toons, just gear so some how deserve to be matched that way instead of challenging thier roster as the mode was designed for. And those who have developed broad rosters somehow deserve less because they farmed toons. But what has been created is a walk all over match and awarding them with even more zatas (lean rosters) which they obviously don't need to participate in this thier current matchmaking. I think that sums it up!