Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• TRanger
    329 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    How about you wait for the new GA update that they announced?
    That's alot off complaining for your current situation.
    There is still a chance for lige matching and including GP into your champion points.
    Then you guys can play in the "Padawan Lige" where no one has good mods or 'zatas'

And you can continue to act as if somehow your entitled to be currently matched with out really having skill..just better mods and more zatas.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    z e t a
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    I stand corrected!
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    There is still a chance for lige matching and including GP into your champion points.
    Then you guys can play in the "Padawan Lige" where no one has good mods or 'zatas'

And you can continue to act as if somehow your entitled to be currently matched with out really having skill..just better mods and more zatas.

I now you guys.
    Only you have the skill and it's so unfair, because they force the lose on you

Putting aside sarcasm, I would be interested in your real explaination. If you would be so kind as to answer a few questions..and give you a chance too change my mind.

If players have the same GP...but one has to include all 140 toons and player 2 gp is only his/her top 70-80 most are made of g12 and zetas, how is this a balanced/fair match?

Mods are dropped random some good most useless, player (A) gets the better player (B) is awarded useless. How then is it balanced/fair?

Zetas win! A single meta g12 toon full zeta abilities with 22k GP can survive waves of 50k gp non zeta squads and after 6+ attempts (300k GP) will still be standing. But for matchmaking purposes that (300k) useless GP was used in calculation of a match. Is this balanced/fair? Shouldn't zeta weight and mod weight match for a fair balanced match?

Why is an entire roster of x amount of zetas....being matched with other rosters +15-20 zetas and only the most viable toons (70 or so) who don't have too add thier useless toons ...as they don't have them geared/*/abilities. The entire useable GP for broad rosters are about half to less of what the GP shows vs lean. And this is balanced/ fair? How?
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    You failed to convince me... before the 3 round match starts I can predict with upper 90% accuracy who is going to breeze through and win. Your right not everyone will win but the matching could balance so that everyone has the same chance not just the top 3 who will skate with all the wins/rewards. That's why they hide win/loss record and there is no leader board.. people would have transparency and GA would be exposed for what it currently is.

The only reason GA has lasted is because something is better then nothing...and the attitude those have "Why try?" Is justified, for the fact most know who will win. If only the top 3 received rewards GA would have failed long ago. No one would be still playing it. That's why so many 4-7 have the same rewards which are just slightly better then 8th.

If it was fair it would be more balanced...more Zeta squads is anything but. If it is fair then everyone would have the same matches where they sit on top out of every 8 GAs.

Compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges just because they sit side by side on a shelf.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I would agree except I have been playing a very long time and always from China. The issues are always bad just after updates but I guess that is the same for everyone. But GA has been a disaster. I used to be part of a big wechat group here of SWGOH players, pretty much everyone quit since GA started. But most were young whales (only type of player that seems to exist here lol) so not in the game as long as I have been.

Only an **** would quit because of GA. It is not the game. Just part of the game that is optional.

Why not the mod gap being created by GA mismatching is Massive
    Why don’t you then?

The worst thing GA has caused is a raft of players not levelling / gearing toons as if it suddenly makes them a master strategist, whilst a similar number are not even trying to win because they’re convinced that a 100k GP differential is completely insurmountable.

At my GP with an inflated roster there is no catching up. I have no intention of quitting never said i was reading comprehension and interpretation is a thing you should try bra. I posted why people would think about it

Since your going around telling people to “go ahead and quit” which IS bad for the game because you dont like their posts. It would be better for you to quit the forum because your posts encouraging people to quit IS bad for the health of the game...
    Maybe class it up a little bit and stop trying to hurt the game on the games official forum

Back to GA stinks poasts now
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

I now you guys.

Putting aside sarcasm, I would be interested in your real explaination. If you would be so kind as to answer a few questions..and give you a chance too change my mind.

If players have the same GP...but one has to include all 140 toons and player 2 gp is only his/her top 70-80 most are made of g12 and zetas, how is this a balanced/fair match?

Mods are dropped random some good most useless, player (A) gets the better player (B) is awarded useless. How then is it balanced/fair?

Zetas win! A single meta g12 toon full zeta abilities with 22k GP can survive waves of 50k gp non zeta squads and after 6+ attempts (300k GP) will still be standing. But for matchmaking purposes that (300k) useless GP was used in calculation of a match. Is this balanced/fair? Shouldn't zeta weight and mod weight match for a fair balanced match?

Why is an entire roster of x amount of zetas....being matched with other rosters +15-20 zetas and only the most viable toons (70 or so) who don't have too add thier useless toons ...as they don't have them geared/*/abilities. The entire useable GP for broad rosters are about half to less of what the GP shows vs lean. And this is balanced/ fair? How?

Zeta don't win. I bet my zeta Cody on that.

This is being semi dishonest.

Zetas do matter because ONE team can beat 50 teams even if you throw em all at that one team.... cant grind it down so yeah its stupid beyond stupid.

Number of zetas total is not as important as who has them.... but odds are if the guy has 20 more than you his zeta lando or zeta cody wont be the reason he wins.... but still pretty much an auto win
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    GA would be exposed?
    That's some b right there.
    A leaderboard is on the way and liges also.
    Then you guys can play against people with 1mil GP less and maybe win.
    Still don't know why anyone with bad chars, should win any fight in the current system...

Think starcraft 2.

I suck at it. But their matchmaking is awesome every single match you have a chance to win or lose. Its what keeps me playing. Its what makes me buy expansions, buy solo mission toons spend money etc.

Now CG on the other hand has GA set up where bronze leauge players getting stuck playing diamond tier opponents with no chance to win its stupid period. Just entices me NOT to play GA. Massacres do not inspire spending... close matches where you mistakenly believe spending money can get you over that hump. Thats what brings da monies lebowski

And we agree maybe the new mode will fix these issues. Most of us just negative because CGs trackrecord ofcurrently running things like the Cleveland indians before Rick Vaughn got his glasses is scary. Hopefully they can salvage the playerbase and win the pennant before losing to the yank ees
  • Phoenixeon
    1840 posts Member
    Decided not bothering to attack this time, let the auto deploy do the rest:

Lose - enemy attacked
    Draw on flags and winning by higher GP
    Draw on flags and winning by higher GP

I get my tier 2 rewards at the end.

Guess boasting GP is not that useless at all (?)
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    GA would be exposed?
    That's some b right there.
    A leaderboard is on the way and liges also.
    Then you guys can play against people with 1mil GP less and maybe win.
    Still don't know why anyone with bad chars, should win any fight in the current system...

You totally miss the point. But your right bad characters shouldn't win...but they shouldn't be counted either when calculation of GP for matches for premium rewards is at stake.and counting them for a match which they can't be used in, stackes the odds heavy in favor of lean when these toons we're already in play and had to be used prior to GA and other game changes.

Your argument here is basically the same, being granted premium rewards vs toons that can't be used and counted for your match. Once again brings me back to keep matching the same but allow broad rosters to drop toons GP that will not be used or are useless, and match top half with top half of all rosters. Essentially what is happening is your being matched vs rosters with "1 million GP less" and winning as those toons are not viable vs your lean roster. With GP as the smoke screen to appear fair.

If you had to use only the lower half of your roster your wouldn't stand a chance vs broad. And you would be complaining of constantly being disadvantage and handed yet another loss. I would be on the other side saying stop crying.. build the bottom. However people like you say build your viable toons to better compete. I have, but what did GA do..slide my matches scale forward keeping me disadvantage..so the argument build better isn't valid. I still have too carry all that unusable GP weight forward. It is very one sided.

GA would be exposed because you would see records showing several GA wins, little losses being matched against broad rosters with no wins all losses.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    I would agree except I have been playing a very long time and always from China. The issues are always bad just after updates but I guess that is the same for everyone. But GA has been a disaster. I used to be part of a big wechat group here of SWGOH players, pretty much everyone quit since GA started. But most were young whales (only type of player that seems to exist here lol) so not in the game as long as I have been.

Only an **** would quit because of GA. It is not the game. Just part of the game that is optional.

Why not the mod gap being created by GA mismatching is Massive
    Why don’t you then?

The worst thing GA has caused is a raft of players not levelling / gearing toons as if it suddenly makes them a master strategist, whilst a similar number are not even trying to win because they’re convinced that a 100k GP differential is completely insurmountable.

At my GP with an inflated roster there is no catching up. I have no intention of quitting never said i was reading comprehension and interpretation is a thing you should try bra. I posted why people would think about it

Since your going around telling people to “go ahead and quit” which IS bad for the game because you dont like their posts. It would be better for you to quit the forum because your posts encouraging people to quit IS bad for the health of the game...
    Maybe class it up a little bit and stop trying to hurt the game on the games official forum

Back to GA stinks poasts now
    The grammar and spelling of some “poasts” can make reading comprehension difficult sometimes.

And don’t say, with quotes, that I’m telling people to go ahead and quit. I absolutely did not say that. I just suggested that someone whose sole purpose on the forums (you) seems to be to complain about this game mode should maybe stop playing it.

Personally I like GA, even though my roster would be classed by many as bloated. I’ve finished 3&0 or 2&1 in them all. Even in matches where my roster is outclassed by someone else who has no bloat, I always try to win. Sometimes I do, often I don’t. I haven’t once come on these forums to complain about any of the defeats or to whine about how unfair the matchup was. Is that classy enough for you?

Roster for reference https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Impressive 50 zetas...I see how you can win. Would it Surprise you if I told you we had roughly the same GP (-@400k)...but mine is with less then 40 zetas. Since GA inseption I have won 1-3/0-3 every single GA being matched against players of your caliber. Not bitter you did/do well. And every zeta I add to improve, or gearing a more viable meta toon, I'm bumped up (the sliding scale matching) keeping me out matched. Winning only the ones my opponent does not set defense or skips his attack phase.

Would you share how many zetas your opponents have for you to gain those wins. And honestly share. In my matches I'm always drawing opponents like yourself. And Yes I do get matched that way all the time. 38(z) vs 56(z) 4+m GP. Tons of useless GP weight. All counted for the same matching. Just recently added the new zetas.

Post edited by TRanger on
  • Shyang
    14 posts Member
    So... this GA spam is going to be a recurring feature of this game? This game is feeling more and more like a full time job.
  • Shyang
    14 posts Member
    Never mind, I'll just join the "Join event and forget about it" bandwagon.
  • TSFoa
    4 posts Member
    Why are there so many 3vs3 GA at the Moment? We already had 2 before and now one more? Why?
    3vs3 isnt that fun. I have malak and can set him in the right place and if the other one doesnt has him, I Autowin... wow... In 5vs5 you have at least a chance with counterteams. And the hole game was build around 5vs5... so 3vs3 ist stupid anyway, but ok as a little bit difference I get it. But why so much? Is there any data that indicates you CG that people like it? And how can I show you that I dont like it beside that post? I won most of my GAs also the 3vs3, but 3vs3 I do only because of the rewards. I would like to know how the communty thinks about this.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

I now you guys.

I don't rember, them saying it will be a fair match. They said, we can slam our e.. On the table and show who the best is.
    Maybe they said it and should never had done it.

They should have done it.... have a system where the best fight the best instead of the best fighting TRASH rosters then posting on forums how they are the best and undefeated because after a few months they NEVER had to fight a single person with a good roster
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TSFoa wrote: »
    Why are there so many 3vs3 GA at the Moment? We already had 2 before and now one more? Why?
    3vs3 isnt that fun. I have malak and can set him in the right place and if the other one doesnt has him, I Autowin... wow... In 5vs5 you have at least a chance with counterteams. And the hole game was build around 5vs5... so 3vs3 ist stupid anyway, but ok as a little bit difference I get it. But why so much? Is there any data that indicates you CG that people like it? And how can I show you that I dont like it beside that post? I won most of my GAs also the 3vs3, but 3vs3 I do only because of the rewards. I would like to know how the communty thinks about this.

CG thinks everyone likes it because when it was released and new and fresh everyone was like wow this is cool....now months later when "a lot" of people are figuring out it sucks, it's too late because CG will only go off the feedback of the first couple of 3v3 feedbacks
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Only 1 other Malak owner in my current GA group. I wonder who I am going to face in round 3...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Mrboma
    31 posts Member
    I have to agree that the matchmaking algorithm is insufficient to consistently create competitive match-ups. I do believe that is the goal - competitive match-ups. Clearly, GP is not the best way to judge the strength of a roster.

Relying on GP to create the match-ups encourages people manipulate their GP by not developing the bottom half of their rosters. I can't believe how many rosters I am seeing that are HALF level 1, gear 1. It is not unusual for me to face rosters with 2 to 3 times the number of gear 12 characters as me. I can beat them once in a blue moon, but usually it is not competitive and I get blown away. It is frustrating.

So, here is an easy fix - they should just use the GP of the top half of each roster. This won't solve the problem of people without Revans/Malak getting matched up with people who have them, but it will cut down on the huge disparity in the number of G12 characters and zetas.
  • Manumicio
    291 posts Member
    I had to ironically laugh as i saw against who i'm matched in this first round of GA.
    Malak Owner (6*), this includes of course maxed Revan & Drevan and very strong GR chars.
    I mean, i was just able to unlock Revan 2 weeks ago (and i'm still struggling facing other Revans), how on earth am i supposed to do anything on this round?
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about my foreseeable bad performance on this GA, i'm just complaining that i don't even have a theoretical chance to do something that could bring me somewhere near to a win.
    And my deff is for sure not a challange for my opponent. don't know how amazing it is for him to blast my deff just on auto...

Matchmaking at his best i would say, it's like having a race with a Fiat 500 against a Ferrari, isn't it?
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I'm seeing a real TREND towards people losing first match on purpose....maybe 2nd match on purpose (tho that's a gamble) so they get one easy match and avoid last place....

Every time I get a free pass always first round....

Should make a new thread......Ultimate not finish last strategy....don't play 1st and 2nd rounds
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I don't read that as an insult, I read that as an attempt to say it's hard to understand your posts sometimes because of the grammar.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I'm seeing a real TREND towards people losing first match on purpose....maybe 2nd match on purpose (tho that's a gamble) so they get one easy match and avoid last place....

Every time I get a free pass always first round....

Should make a new thread......Ultimate not finish last strategy....don't play 1st and 2nd rounds

That makes absolutely no sense. If you try in round 1, the worst that could happen is that you lose, in which case you're in the exact same position as if you didn't try. And there's a possibility that you win, in which case you have already accomplished your goal of avoiding last place. The same thing is true in round 2. There is zero benefit whatsoever to intentionally losing rounds 1 or 2.