Will I ever get to buy zetas?

I c cool videos of players 2-3 years in with massive fleet currency buying zetas looking real cool. When will I get to be cool with ships only farmed in store not to mention the toons when can I say I’m going for zetas nothing else? Or should I disregard like a day a week for farms to just purchase one so I can progress with no signs of G12 coming soon?

Replies

• depends what you want out of fleet. If you want decent crystal generation, you need to have a good fleet, which means good shards. Vader and his ship are at a minimum requirement.

Figure out your fleet, then you keep a reserve for any remaining characters (Chirrut) you want. Everything after that goes to zetas.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you skip farming ships, that you don't intend to use anyway, you will get to the zetas earlier.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ok sounds like I don’t need massive fleet collection just stick to 7 and ones I need for challenges maybe 1-2 alts to rotate in and I’ll be done then it’s on to zetas thought I might need a lot of ships for different potential line ups but not the case. If I farm every potentially useful ship I’ll never get zetas lol
  • Keep in mind, there is no way you're going to catch up to people 2-3 years into the game quickly. With zetas, you should play the long game....you need to be able to complete the last level of the fleet challenge that gives zeta mats and the better your fleet arena rank, the more fleet currency you'll get to purchase zeta mats with. So I would focus on putting together a strong team that can help you in those two areas so you can earn zetas at a faster rate...you're better off getting yourself into a better position to farm zetas rather than devoting resources to just rushing into the first zeta purchase. But also, you will be able to get zetas from territory wars if you're in a guild...and guilds generally want people who have a certain amount of GP and depth of collection to be able to contribute to territory battles and territory wars, so you should eventually devote resources to the other ships.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    2smooth wrote: »
    Ok sounds like I don’t need massive fleet collection just stick to 7 and ones I need for challenges maybe 1-2 alts to rotate in and I’ll be done then it’s on to zetas thought I might need a lot of ships for different potential line ups but not the case. If I farm every potentially useful ship I’ll never get zetas lol
    * Takes 5 Dark Side fighters to get Executrix to 6* for ability material challenges
    * Takes 5 Light Side fighters to get Home One to at least 5* if you want Chimaera
    * Also takes at least 3 Rebel fighters to unlock Chimaera
    * Your arena fleet will be 6 fighters (until you unlock a 7* cap ship which takes months), at least some of which will overlap with your capital ship requirements

Don't underestimate the fact that ship shards come in packs of 4 not 5 or that ship nodes are 16-20 energy a shot and ship energy regens at the slower rate and refreshes are at the higher cost
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes depth is a end game focus I won’t be 2 mil GP with G8 toons play to win not collect so account looks pretty and amazing to new players.
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    * Takes 5 Dark Side fighters to get Executrix to 6* for ability material challenges
    * Takes 5 Light Side fighters to get Home One to at least 5* if you want Chimaera
    * Your arena fleet will be 6 fighters (until you unlock a 7* cap ship which takes months), at least some of which will overlap with your capital ship requirements

Don't underestimate the fact that ship shards come in packs of 4 not 5 or that ship nodes are 16-20 energy a shot and ship energy regens at the slower rate and refreshes are at the higher cost
    yeah I run ackbar so I have to 7* it and 6* excute with 6 6* DS ships have a lot of farming on list I run most DS so will be starring up anyways most LS I won’t use just using to unlock other ships smh can’t wait to be done worse than farming toons I won’t use by far.
    So I’m 7* all capital just because I will have LS/DS ships just because of my setup but at least I get extra ability material just a waste like other aspects of game
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    Yes depth is a end game focus I won’t be 2 mil GP with G8 toons play to win not collect so account looks pretty and amazing to new players.
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

yeah I run ackbar so I have to 7* it and 6* excute with 6 6* DS ships have a lot of farming on list I run most DS so will be starring up anyways most LS I won’t use just using to unlock other ships smh can’t wait to be done worse than farming toons I won’t use by far.
    So I’m 7* all capital just because I will have LS/DS ships just because of my setup but at least I get extra ability material just a waste like other aspects of game
    I use Home One as my primary capital ship too but honestly, having gone through the grind to 6* both Home One and Executrix, I cannot recommend it.
  • Yeah it’s tough for sure those light side ships r useless lol but I’m usually the first in my shard to get it done although they have weeks of preparation because they have 7* ships pretty much I’m catching up though now when I’m 7* they probably won’t be able to beat me if we have same power lvl most started 40k above me 20k now closing fast and in a few weeks will hit lvl 85 and be on same playing field from lvl stand point lol
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    This is a matter of priorities. If you want, you can just build one good 7-ship fleet and then start farming zetas with your fleet tokens. You don't actually need a good fleet at all, but it does go much faster if you aren't sitting in the bottom prize brackets.

Personally, this is what I did - I take #1 most days and the zetas are slowly but surely coming along. The upshot is that it will still be a while before I have a 7-star Home One/Endurance or the ability to beat later light-side TB fleet missions, but I'm OK with it. I do still nab the rarer shards when they appear, like Chirrut and Grievous. It slows down the zetas a bit, but I figure it'll be worth it down the road.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Yeah in early shar home one is necessary to reach top due to it being my capital I’ll have enough 7* ships on both side to upgrade all capitals. It’s a tough route what I have to do u go just darkside won’t get thrawn ship anyways most have to do the same eventually doesn’t affect my rank just a waste and bad setup by them just to make u more well rounded lol
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If the number of ships available in the fleet arena store seems overwhelming, then focus on a few ships at a time and only buy shards for them. In time, you will get the ships you want and have extra currency for zetas. I’m almost a year in, and at the point where I now have almost every ship I’m interested in and can do more zeta farming. You can get there too; it just takes time.
  • Yeah I’m starting not to look at the ships gear is overwhelming enough don’t need more on plate lol