Dooku appears to have 22% potency instead of 220%

CPMP
974 posts Member
edited March 2016
Everyone new that Poe pre nerf had a lot tenacity which basically made him near impossible to stun. Dooku with 220% potency was supposed to have a 15%(?) chance to get the stun resisted because of high potency, but that ofc didn't happen. Poe was still impossible to stun even with Dooku.
Lately i got Dooku in my main team just to stun jedi but i noticed that his stun gets resisted on jedi more often than it stuns.
So is his potency really 220%? Or devs messed it up and it's 22%? Like his extra attack was 5% instead of 50%? Because for sure doesn't behave like 220%.

Replies

• dooku's lightning bolt have a %40 chance to stun on non jedi targets, no matter his pottency %220. this mean every 2.5 try possible 1 stun. no ways to stun poe every using this skill.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    I did notice a few Resisted more than usually. I'm not sure if it really did go down but I can confirm the feeling. Though it doesn't imply that it actually happened :)

Curious to see other peoples experience.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I am 73.8% sure there was a 48% reduction in the effectiveness of Dooku's stun. If now appears to stick 36% less on Jedi and 85% less on female toons.

In all seriousness, I haven't noticed any overall difference. I'll go a couple matches with bad rolls with no stuns, and then get a double stun on non-Jedi. RNG is RNG.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    I am 73.8% sure there was a 48% reduction in the effectiveness of Dooku's stun. If now appears to stick 36% less on Jedi and 85% less on female toons.

In all seriousness, I haven't noticed any overall difference. I'll go a couple matches with bad rolls with no stuns, and then get a double stun on non-Jedi. RNG is RNG.

No stuns and deflected spells are ok. The "resisted" is the problem.
    Did you also said RNG is RNG when Dooku bonus attack wasn't 50% and was 5% instead? :P
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »

No stuns and defeclted spell are ok. The "resisted" is the problem.
    Did you also said RNG is RNG when Dooku bonus attack wasn't 50% and was 5% instead? :P

RNG is still in play when it comes to rolls on potency vs tenacity.

I have no idea what you're referring to with bonus attacks.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016

When you were updating Dooku's Hindering assault to rank 7, instead of making it 50% chance, it was making it 5%, because devs forgot to add a "zero" next to 5 in the code.
    Also Dooku's leader ability is bugged and it doesn't give 15% evasion as it should be. Both of these were confirmed by Devs. The hindering assault bug got fixed and the evasion bug is supposed to get fixed on next patch.
    Also heroes with high potency almost never get their debuffs resisted. Dooku has the highest potency in game yet you see a lot resists on Lightning stun. (Resists, not deflects or just failing to stun)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I did notice a few Resisted more than usually. I'm not sure if it really did go down but I can confirm the feeling. Though it doesn't imply that it actually happened :)

Curious to see other peoples experience.

Exactly. After the stun pass the 90% test, there is only a 15% chance to get resisted, which is the lowest possible tenacity someone can have (at least that's what devs said). But it appears to be a lot more than 15%...
    I mean Vader has 70% potency and he gets almost all his debuffs on people. Dooku has 220% and his lightning stun gets resisted way too much.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Are you facing teams with Yoda? His tenacity buff virtually prevents all negative status effects on the party. Just FYI.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member

When you were updating Dooku's Hindering assault to rank 7, instead of making it 50% chance, it was making it 5%, because devs forgot to add a "zero" next to 5 in the code.
    Also Dooku's leader ability is bugged and it doesn't give 15% evasion as it should be. Both of these were confirmed by Devs. The hindering assault bug got fixed and the evasion bug is supposed to get fixed on next patch.
    Also heroes with high potency almost never get their debuffs resisted. Dooku has the highest potency in game yet you see a lot resists on Lightning stun. (Resists, not deflects or just failing to stun)

^^ this. It's about the resisted part in which I had 2 strings of yesterday. Can be a coincidence but you never know ;)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    There's only a percent chance to stun. If you don't see any resist that means the attack failed the roll for the proc. After that it has roll tenacity vs potency. There will be a chance to fail that as well.

There was an obvious glaring issue with the bonus attacks. This isn't on the same level. My Dooku is stunning just fine.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Are you facing teams with Yoda? His tenacity buff virtually prevents all negative status effects on the party. Just FYI.

Never met a team with yoda leader, and i never let yoda buff anyone. He dies pretty fast. Also yoda AI has a tedency to attack my Dooku as first char, so after my Sid aoe yoda dies 90% of the time.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    There's only a percent chance to stun. If you don't see any resist that means the attack failed the roll for the proc. After that it has roll tenacity vs potency. There will be a chance to fail that as well.

There was an obvious glaring issue with the bonus attacks. This isn't on the same level. My Dooku is stunning just fine.

I know. That's why i go to stun only Jedi. With the 90% chance you can test better how many times the stun will eventually get resisted or not.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    From the way I remember it being explained in another post, potency doesn't actually have anything to do with the base percentage of applying the stun.

1. You launch an attack
    2. The game checks to see if you hit or miss
    3. If you hit, check to see if you apply the 40% chance to stun

4a - The 40% chance doesnt occur. You do not stun.
    4b - The 40% chance occurs. The target's resistance takes effect followed by Potency.

Potency only occurs at step 4b, when the game has confirmed you have landed the stun. You can still miss at step #3/4a.

You are more than likely just missing the stun in general, which has nothing to do with potency.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Toukai wrote: »
    From the way I remember it being explained in another post, potency doesn't actually have anything to do with the base percentage of applying the stun.

1. You launch an attack

4b - The 40% chance occurs. The target's resistance takes effect followed by Potency.

Potency only occurs at step 4b, when the game has confirmed you have landed the stun. You can still miss at step #3/4a.

You are more than likely just missing the stun in general, which has nothing to do with potency.

Ok, which part that the word "Re-si-sted" you don't understand? Sorry if i'm getting angry, but the whole point of the post is your 4b number.
    That my dooku shoots lightning and the word "Resisted" !!!!! Appears more than it should. If it was step 2, it would have said "Deflected". If it was step 4a, it wouldn't have said anything, just no stun.
    The whole problem is the 4b, which made me open a thread.

Edit : People need to understand that the 90% on jedi works fine. And that the 40% on non jedi works fine aswell. The Potency vs Tenacity part seems bugged.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Hitting a Jedi with Dooku lightning and having it not land is a rare enough occurrence that I notice it.
    Usually the word "RESISTED" doesn't appear either.
    I think his potency is fine (and frankly, is kind of overdone anyway).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member

1. You launch an attack

Ok, which part that the word "Re-si-sted" you don't understand? Sorry if i'm getting angry, but the whole point of the post is your 4b number.
    That my dooku shoots lightning and the word "Resisted" !!!!! Appears more than it should. If it was step 2, it would have said "Deflected". If it was step 4a, it wouldn't have said anything, just no stun.

Edit : People need to understand that the 90% on jedi works fine. And that the 40% on non jedi works fine aswell. The Potency vs Tenacity part seems bugged.

Whoa, calm down there sharky. I was just trying to be helpful. There is no known math for how potency actually works, so I cant really add more to that.

I could imagine it being a bug, though. So many things in this game are bugged that it wouldn't honestly surprise me.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016

1. You launch an attack

Whoa, calm down there sharky. I was just trying to be helpful. There is no known math for how potency actually works, so I cant really add more to that.

I could imagine it being a bug, though. So many things in this game are bugged that it wouldn't honestly surprise me.

Sorry. It's just that everyone thinks that i'm addressing the stun chance instead of the potency vs tenacity chance.

Edit : As if the RNG didn't had enough cold streaks, we have the huge amount of bugs in the game too.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member

Sorry. It's just that everyone thinks that i'm addressing the stun chance instead of the potency vs tenacity chance.

Edit : As if the RNG didn't had enough cold streaks, we have the huge amount of bugs in the game too.

It's fine man. I got super angry at the game too when I was about 2 months in. The A.I. was doing phasma procs about 50% of the time, while I was lucky to have a 10% chance, along with daka always reviving allies (10% chance my ****).

Sorry if the info I gave wasn't helpful, but at this point the potency to tenacity question is all theorycraft. Tenacity doesnt seem to rise higher than 50%, but then potency has really huge numbers like 220% which seems like it should always work and never be resisted. The only thing I can assume is that either (a) It is bugged, or (b) it is percentage based math and not direct (basically instead of 220% - 50% = 170% chance to apply the stun, it is a multiplicative so there is ALWAYS a chance to resist no matter someone's potency).
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016

1. You launch an attack

This is not true. Every toon has a chance to resist a proc. Even with 0 tenacity in their stats this game has a minimum of 15% chance to resist any effect. Which means that there is a maximum of an 85% chance that an effect can be applied. I know it's not relevant in the case of the op, but, Yoda's buff also grants +9,999% tenacity and makes you immune to any effect that can be resisted.
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • Is it yoda's leader ability buff that is key for tenacity, or is it his speical of tenacity up that is key? I ask, because Aayla has double the leader bonus of Yoda, but doesn't seem to really effect how Dooku procs his stun.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Is it yoda's leader ability buff that is key for tenacity, or is it his speical of tenacity up that is key? I ask, because Aayla has double the leader bonus of Yoda, but doesn't seem to really effect how Dooku procs his stun.

His special makes everyone immune to debuffs. His leader just gives tenacity bonus, which isn't enough to counter Dooku's 220% potency, thus leaving only a 15% base chance to resist stuns by Dooku, because you can't drop bellow 15% tenacity.
  • CPMP wrote: »
    Is it yoda's leader ability buff that is key for tenacity, or is it his speical of tenacity up that is key? I ask, because Aayla has double the leader bonus of Yoda, but doesn't seem to really effect how Dooku procs his stun.

His special makes everyone immune to debuffs. His leader just gives tenacity bonus, which isn't enough to counter Dooku's 220% potency, thus leaving only a 15% base chance to resist stuns by Dooku, because you can't drop bellow 15% tenacity.

Ah, ic. Is that the battle meditation special?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member

Ah, ic. Is that the battle meditation special?

Yes