General Grievous and His army (rework and kit ideas)

Tony12345
98 posts Member
edited January 2019
Just put a bunch of Rework and Kit Ideas together to create general picture of how I’d like grievous and his army of droids to look. I didn’t include any variations of droids, just the basic models. I also did not plug in Damage to all the droids like I did for Grievous. IG 100 Magna Guard is now an attacker instead of a tank but he still taunts if the General falls to 25% health.

Ideas I’ve typed up:

1. General Grievous
Dark Side, Attacker, Droid, Separatist
Brutal Attacker that cuts down defensive enemies while granting buffs and bonuses to droids and separatist; although he hates being called a droid, he counts as one in combat.
Furious Assault (Basic): Deal physical damage to target enemy. This attack can’t be countered or evaded. If the target is taunting, this attack has 100% critical chance. (Damage: 6432-7086, Added: +200 Damage)

Grievous Wounds (Special, Cooldown of 4): Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 65% chance to inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns. (Damage: 4458-4820, Added: +1000 Damage)

Sinister Laugh (Special, Cooldown of 4): Remove 45% turn meter on all enemies with an 80% chance to inflict buff immunity for 2 turns. Then, all droid allies gain 5% turn meter for each debuffed enemy. If present, force a random jedi enemy to taunt until the end of Grievous’ next turn.

Daunting Presence (Leader, Zeta): Enemies have -30% critical chance and -50 critical damage. Galactic Republic enemies lose 6% tenacity for each active separatist ally. Droid allies have a 50% chance to daze the targeted enemy for 1 turn whenever they use their basic. Each separatist ally has a 70% chance to assist whenever an ally uses a special, limited to 2 per turn and deals 50% less damage . Sinister Laugh has a 45% chance to call any separatist droid ally, at random, to battle if another ally is no longer active. Each separatist Droid may only be actived once, except B1 battle Droid. IG 100 Magna Guard may be actived twice.

Tactical Retreat (Unique, Zeta): Grievous has bonus +10% max health for each living droid. If IG-100 Magna Guard is present he too gains this bonus. Whenever Grievous’ Health falls below 50%, Grevious dispels all negative status effects on himself and gains heal over time and evasion up for 2 turns. In addition all droid allies gain the following buffs for 2 turns based on their roles. Attacker: Offense up and critical chance up; Tank: Taunt, Defense up, and Retribution; Support/Healer: Speed up and Potency up.

2. IG 100 Magna Guard (Rework Idea)

Disruptive Droid Attacker that becomes deadly if ignored.
Electrostaff Assault (Basic): Deal physical damage to target enemy, with an 80% chance to inflict offense down for 2 turns and a 45% chance to inflict ability block for 1 turn.

Disruption (Special, Cooldown of 3): Deal physical damage to all enemies and remove 30% turn meter. Magna Guard gains 10% turn meter for each Jedi enemy, plus an additional 35% turn meter for each enemy that evades this attack.

Relentless Assault (Unique, Zeta): Magna Guard has 100% counter chance. Magma Guard has +30% chance to assist whenever Grievous Attacks. Whenever Grievous falls below 25% health, Magna Guard gains taunt for 2 turns, and grants Grievous heal over time for 2 turns. Zeta: In addition Magna Guard gains 35% turn meter at the end of it’s current turn if it has not been damaged since the end of it’s last turn.

3. B1 Battle Droid (Kit Idea)

Droid Attacker with a high critical chance when among other droids, who is capable of removing turn meter from enemies and granting bonuses to droids and separatist.
Coordinated Fire (Basic): Deal physical damage to target enemy and call a random ally to assist. If that ally is a droid, it gains 20% turn meter. If that ally is a separatist, it gains critical chance up for 1 turn.

Lucky Shot (Special, Cooldown of 3): Deal physical damage to a target enemy and inflict damage over time for 3 turns. This attack has +50% critical damage and, while another droid is active, this attack can not be evaded.

Initial Programming (Unique, Zeta): B1 gains 5% critical chance for each living droid ally and 10% critical damage for each living separatist ally. Zeta: In addition, B1 has a 70% chance to remove 30% turn meter whenever he scores a critical hit.

4. B2 Super Battle Droid (Rework Idea)

Dark Side, Tank, Droid, Separatist
Droid Tank that relentlessly punishes enemies that evade attacks or damages allies.
Heavy arms (Basic): Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict evasion down.

Mow Down (Special, Cooldown of 3): Deal physical damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs from them, with a 70% chance to also inflict buff immunity for 2 turn. (Applied before Damage)

Relentless Barrage (Unique, Zeta): B2 gains 100% turn meter whenever an enemy evades an attack, and he gains 10% turn meter whenever an ally takes damage.

5. Droideka (Kit Idea)
Dark Side, Tank, Droid, Separatist
A slow droid tank with extremely high and resilient protection, multi-attacks and counters.
Dual Twin-Blaster Cannons (Basic): Deals physical damage to the target enemy twice. Attack a second time if the target has less then 50% protection. Attack a third time if the target has less then 75% health.

Rolling Barrage (Special, Cooldown of 3): Droideka gains evasion up and offense up till the end of the turn. Then, It deals significant physical damage to target enemy with a 75% chance to inflict speed down and evasion down for 2 turns. If the target counters, it ignores protection.

Power Energy Shields (Special, Cooldown of 4): Dispel all debuffs. Droideka gains taunt for 4 turns and tenacity up for 2 turns. Then Droideka recover 25% Max Protection and Max health.

Superb Combat Droid (Unique 1, Zeta): Driodeka has a 50% Counter Chance, doubled while it has protection. Zeta: In addition, while it has protection Droideka has +100% defense and recovers protection equal to 40% of the damage it does.

Design Flaw (Unique 2): Driodeka has +500% Max protection. While it has protection, it has -50% critical avoidance, critical hits and detonators deal 50% more damage. Detonators have an additional +25% potency and detonators damage ignores protection. While it has no protection, it gains +50% critical avoidance and +20% evasion.

Would still like to see these new separatist droids as well:
T-Series Tactical Droid: Support, Leadership synergy: Droids only
Buzz Driods: Support, also used as a debuff on ships
HMP Droid Gunship: Cargo Ship, Lead: T-Series Tactical Droid
Vulture Droid: Droid Ship, No Character needed, it is also a character for battles, not just a ship.
Hyena Driod: Droid Ship, No Character needed, it is also a character for battles, not just a ship
Post edited by Tony12345 on

Replies

• Options
    We just need to get you hired at EA to put these kits in the game.

Not TOO overpowered, has good synergy and unique/ fun abilities with a ton of variety. I would gladly throw all my monies into the abyss to have this.
  • Options
    Wow. Nice work. Sorry that was really big and it made my eyes hurt. Overall, it sounds great. I would love to have this in the game. I would add a new faction called Battle Droid that they're all under so they could have synergy for that instead of with all droids (I got this idea from another thread and it makes sense. They shouldn't have synergy with R2). I would also a a OOM Command Battle Droid (battle droid commander I looked it up on wookiepedia). Anyway, these were great. Above post was right, you need to get hired at EA to put these kits onto the game.
  • Options
    This is broken, if you put Droideka under hk47 that’s basically unlimited turns if you mod him right
  • ReworkGriev0us
    213 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I made a t-series tactical droid kit idea. Love all of these. Like my Grievous rework better though ;) Thanks for putting in all of the values.
    example: the damage stats
  • Options
    I made a t-series tactical droid kit idea. Love all of these. Like my Grievous rework better though ;) Thanks for putting in all of the values.
    example: the damage stats

Thanks lol since you went ahead and brought this post to the top I also updated my grievous and changed droideka a bit.
    I had already been reworking on them to see how I could make this a little better.

I also tried to make this easier to read by using spoilers.
  • Options
    Awesome work on all of those kits. One question and then two suggestions for droideka.

Question: Power Energy Shields references that it recovers 40% Max protection, and then Design Flaw mentions that Droideka has 500% Max Protection as well. So does the 40% recovery recover 40% of the 500% or just 40% of base protection plus mods. Because I can see one being WAY too much and the other being not strong enough to use the ability for that reason.

Suggestion 1: You should add tenacity up for 2 turns for the Power Energy Shields. Not for all 4, but for 2 so that it feels more realistic (in regards to the movies) how they are incredibly durable to most attacks.

Suggestion 2: You should increase the damage taken by detonators to 200% more damage (as that was one of the only ways of taking them out in the clone wars), but in order to ensure that it is not then immediately destroyed by detonators, you should add that detonators only have a 25% chance of sticking (before potency/tenacity checks). I think this would play into the idea of the rebels on Onderon in the Clone Wars learning to take out droidekas by rolling detonators (EMPs in the show) into their shields. It would be kind of a cool reference to the show, as well as providing a way to defeat droidekas while making droidekas also hard to kill.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Awesome work on all of those kits. One question and then two suggestions for droideka.

Question: Power Energy Shields references that it recovers 40% Max protection, and then Design Flaw mentions that Droideka has 500% Max Protection as well. So does the 40% recovery recover 40% of the 500% or just 40% of base protection plus mods. Because I can see one being WAY too much and the other being not strong enough to use the ability for that reason.

Suggestion 1: You should add tenacity up for 2 turns for the Power Energy Shields. Not for all 4, but for 2 so that it feels more realistic (in regards to the movies) how they are incredibly durable to most attacks.

Suggestion 2: You should increase the damage taken by detonators to 200% more damage (as that was one of the only ways of taking them out in the clone wars), but in order to ensure that it is not then immediately destroyed by detonators, you should add that detonators only have a 25% chance of sticking (before potency/tenacity checks). I think this would play into the idea of the rebels on Onderon in the Clone Wars learning to take out droidekas by rolling detonators (EMPs in the show) into their shields. It would be kind of a cool reference to the show, as well as providing a way to defeat droidekas while making droidekas also hard to kill.

Just changed power energy shield to 25%. I did the math now and 100 + 500 = 600 max protection. So 25% of 600 is 150. It would regain 150% of its original protection. Sound good?
    40% would be 240% of it original max protection
    Just to throw another number out there, 30% would be 180% of his original protection. 20% is 120%.

I left detonator damage at 50% because I imagine Droideka to have lower then average health, and detonators Deal Damage to only health. With my bounty hunters team (Boba Fett lead, Zam, Greedo, Dengar and Cad Bane.) I stack 8 to 9 detonators, some times more. They are not even Zeta yet. So for that reason i didn’t touch the damage but I did include dentonator are more likely to stick.