Thoughts on T3-M4

I haven’t read much on the little support Droid, and the few things I’ve read show exactly zero fanfare. However, most players posting in the forums still seem to place an unwarranted focus on Arena-worthiness, not overall value.

I’m currently building a JTR/Droid team specifically for TW defense. I like using unique comps and really maximizing my roster for TW, and I think T3 has a really nice home there for these reasons.

I’m currently leveling a team with JTR, BB8, R2D2, L3-37, and T3-M4. The composition has tested rather favorably in GW. I already have “homes” for IG88, Chopper, Thrawn, Enfyss, and all other Resistence toons (that you might otherwise pair with JTR).

BB8, L3, and T3 all have decent droid healing abilities, and I think T3’s Combat Logic Upgrade zeta could really subsidize the otherwise lacking dps for this squad (droids gain 8% Crit Damage for each debuff on all enemies).

I think this team could really catch some players by surprise, and if it can successfully defend once, the preloaded TM should prove a formidable obstacle to overcome.

So, is there anybody out there with a g12, zeta’d T3-M4 that could either confirm or deny its usefulness? Any other thoughts on the subject also appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I haven’t read much on the little support Droid, and the few things I’ve read show exactly zero fanfare. However, most players posting in the forums still seem to place an unwarranted focus on Arena-worthiness, not overall value.

I’m currently building a JTR/Droid team specifically for TW defense. I like using unique comps and really maximizing my roster for TW, and I think T3 has a really nice home there for these reasons.

I’m currently leveling a team with JTR, BB8, R2D2, L3-37, and T3-M4. The composition has tested rather favorably in GW. I already have “homes” for IG88, Chopper, Thrawn, Enfyss, and all other Resistence toons (that you might otherwise pair with JTR).

BB8, L3, and T3 all have decent droid healing abilities, and I think T3’s Combat Logic Upgrade zeta could really subsidize the otherwise lacking dps for this squad (droids gain 8% Crit Damage for each debuff on all enemies).

I think this team could really catch some players by surprise, and if it can successfully defend once, the preloaded TM should prove a formidable obstacle to overcome.

So, is there anybody out there with a g12, zeta’d T3-M4 that could either confirm or deny its usefulness? Any other thoughts on the subject also appreciated. Thanks!

I use that squad for tw defense, except I use B2 instead of T3 and it usually gets about a half dozen wins. I usually put it on one of the second areas.

Also one guy on my arena shard gets top 10 with the squad you mentioned.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't have him anywhere near maxed, but he seems pretty good to me. I think he mostly just got lost in the shuffle since he was released along with Bastila, Zaalbar, and Revan, all of whom are extremely powerful characters. Plus, droid teams aren't exactly hugely popular.

I do question the value of the Defense Penetration zeta, as I honestly have no idea how much of a difference that stat makes. Otherwise he seems like he'd be a great addition to a droid team.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I don't have him anywhere near maxed, but he seems pretty good to me. I think he mostly just got lost in the shuffle since he was released along with Bastila, Zaalbar, and Revan, all of whom are extremely powerful characters. Plus, droid teams aren't exactly hugely popular.

I do question the value of the Defense Penetration zeta, as I honestly have no idea how much of a difference that stat makes. Otherwise he seems like he'd be a great addition to a droid team.

His defense penetration remains at 0% until he has g12+ pieces.... so really not worth it currently, but it does make me think the devs may have something in store for him (her? It?) somewhere down the line
  • 46v4d474smlm.jpg

Not true, his master gearhead adds 100% defense penetration by level 7. The overall value of his defense penetration in battle, before gear 12, is 100% + 0%, or 100%.

So, his zeta gives every droid at least + 100% defense penetration... which is pretty large.
    He allows for two droid tanks, and no bb8 which i think works better in TW with an hk47 lead.
  • TW defense is Arena worthiness... Just with more forced options because you can only fill up so many slots with meta teams, and then you move to the next meta. Just saying.... don't get mad that everyone uses arena worthiness as a baseline and then ask for how a character does in arena styled battles...

That being said I have seen many arena videos of RJT, R2, BB-8, L3, and T3 doing extremely well. I'm not sure how well it would do on defense as the videos are always on offense. Have also seen IPD in there for L3 but that's definitely an offensive squad.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    He’s a key component in the current target lock Revan buster droid team....

He boosts the droids performance quite a bit and adds some nice utility to the squad...

A very niche character... but he plays his role very well
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Smapty wrote: »
    He’s a key component in the current target lock Revan buster droid team....

He boosts the droids performance quite a bit and adds some nice utility to the squad...

A very niche character... but he plays his role very well

Yeah, he definitely improves any droid team, especially with his zeta's. Honestly I'm amazed they gave him not just one zeta but 2.. on a character that's very niche and only works with other droids since they neutered his effectiveness with Kotor toons for some reason and made him droid focused. (yes I'm still bitter they were lazy with the ability names and their effects ;D T3 played a role as vital as R2D2 in the games, the reason Revan did anything as well as Surik was because of him). At least Hk is with him :D

Basically the way I see it, any droid team now has to have T3 in it. Making up a droid team myself with him, HK, IG6, ect. Can't wait to test it out.
  • He brings droids to a whole new level. Team him up with R2, BB8 and IG-88 and you will be amazed. Outside rather not...
  • Look at this guy, he's a droid freak. :p
    https://swgoh.gg/p/149494316/
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Lets call a spade a spade

In general droids stink. Ever since grevious was released withno zetas it has been evident there is zero effort toward a droid team that is decent. Who knows why they do not care but facts are FACTS.

Any lead R2 L3 T3 BB8 just blows. So many videos about how 86 and B2 are so underpowered.

I laugh at revan buster droid team. Jawas can beat Revan he is so bad on D.

A SINGLE zeta on grevious to give droids 100 percent offence and it still would not be enough.
  • Look at this guy, he's a droid freak. :p
    https://swgoh.gg/p/149494316/

Number one with that kind of mods? Man, i am going for droids!
  • Can someone tell me how defense penetration works? Thanks
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    That is a bit of a mystery, no one knows
    There is a value called defense penetration in the stats. In this case its 0. So 100% of 0 ist still 0. BUT from my personal experience i know, that T3 boosts other droids damage big time, so this is clearly something different.

From serveral reads in this forum and on Reddit, i concluded this:
    Defense penetrarion is a value that is composed of amour and resistance penetration. But this is purely my 5 cents....
  • IMO, Defense Penetration negates Defense in 1:1 ratio.
    If you haven't noticed, Defense is presented in integer in swgoh.gg, but in the swgoh game's character Stats, Defense is presented in percentage. Same thing applies to Critical Chance as well IIRC.
    So, if a character with 80% Def is attacked by 50% Def Pen, only 30% Def will be in effect. That's my assumption.
  • Lets call a spade a spade

In general droids stink. Ever since grevious was released withno zetas it has been evident there is zero effort toward a droid team that is decent. Who knows why they do not care but facts are FACTS.

Grievous was released before zetas existed. Apparently some facts are less facty than others.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    IMO, Defense Penetration negates Defense in 1:1 ratio.
    If you haven't noticed, Defense is presented in integer in swgoh.gg, but in the swgoh game's character Stats, Defense is presented in percentage. Same thing applies to Critical Chance as well IIRC.
    So, if a character with 80% Def is attacked by 50% Def Pen, only 30% Def will be in effect. That's my assumption.

That seems over the top, that would essentially mean that T3 makes all droids entirely ignore everyone's defence, the way I see it is 100% means you ignore half of the defence someone has, at least that sounds more balanced anyway. so 80% against 50% pen would mean you go up against 60% armour... at least, if its done like that :p
  • banjo1071 wrote: »
    That is a bit of a mystery, no one knows
    There is a value called defense penetration in the stats. In this case its 0. So 100% of 0 ist still 0. BUT from my personal experience i know, that T3 boosts other droids damage big time, so this is clearly something different.

From serveral reads in this forum and on Reddit, i concluded this:
    Defense penetrarion is a value that is composed of amour and resistance penetration. But this is purely my 5 cents....

Not true his defense penetration before gear 12 and his unique is 0%. His unique before the zeta gives him +100% defense penetration. That makes it 0% plus (not times) 100%. 0% + 100% = 100%

Zeta the unique and all droids get at least +100% defense penetration.
  • Bahumat
    146 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    IMO, Defense Penetration negates Defense in 1:1 ratio.

That seems over the top, that would essentially mean that T3 makes all droids entirely ignore everyone's defence, the way I see it is 100% means you ignore half of the defence someone has, at least that sounds more balanced anyway. so 80% against 50% pen would mean you go up against 60% armour... at least, if its done like that :p

But that doesn't make sense. If I have 100% defense, and get attacked by 100% defense penetration, 100-100=50? I'm sure it sounds more balanced but maybe T3 is secretly amazing -\_`o.o`_/-
    EDIT: That was supposed to be a shrug lol I tried
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/