Anakin’s Eta-2 Starfighter: Why no crew power love for R2?!

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited November 2018
Just like Poe not getting BB8 love. Both of those droids played integral parts of the co-piloting of those ships - much more than Chopper ever did with the Phantom II. Seems silly.

e0rrjeecpbly.jpeg
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Would be cool, but I think the problem is that they didn't go this way from the start. I mean, it would seem strange if now Anakin's ship required an R2 unit, while all the other Jedi starfighters (Ahsoka, Plo-Koon, Jedi consular) still don't require one.
    Chopper is a different thing: he is not necessarily required to fly the ship, but he belongs to the crew. Though the reason why he has a spot in a ship while R2D2 or BB8 haven't, is that he is easy to farm for everyone, not an event character.
  • Options
    Technically, the droids on the Delta fighters is only the head unit of the R2 Astro Mechs. R2 can’t fit in the ship as the slot really does not exist.

The newer late Clone Wars ETAs definitely held full bodied Astro Mechs. But R2 also piloted Naboo Starfighter with little Annie, Anakin’s ETA, Red 5, and Yoda’s personal ETA fighter, and other craft. Limiting him to Anakin’s ETA would lessen the value to a future Red 5. I do feel BB-8 should be crew for Poe’s X-wing. Precedent was set with K2 in Cassian’s U-Wing and Chopper in Phantom 2.
  • Options
    does not work with a marqee ship guys... they would have to give R2 away...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Probably saving him for Luke in Red 5.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Don't tease us like that mate ! You'll provoke a tsunami of trolls ! Haha!
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I guess Poe will get a new toon/ship for ep IX... so BB will be crew for that one then :wink:
  • Options
    X-Wing Luke with R2 would be the only step before Jedi Luke.

I think it'll happen :smile:
  • Options
    Precedent was set with K2 in Cassian’s U-Wing and Chopper in Phantom 2.

K2 wasn't an astromech, he was a copilot. Chopper had an astromech slot available in the Phantom 2 but he mostly served as a copilot inside the ship itself. Neither sets precedent for R2 or BB-8 being in their respective ships.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I don't understand the desire for a double crew member.
    cons:
    2x everything to max it out

pros:
    gains 1 ability, and they would most likely just split his passive.

As for the stats they would just change crew contribution multipler so it stays the same.

So really you would just gain needing to max out 2 characters instead of 1 to get it to the same point.