Galatic war is Trash

New player to the game. First time into galatic war at 40 i pretty much made it 1 from the end with my team pretty happy.

Second time threw at 42 mid way threw the war i get a full level 65 team with full mods all purple all 6 star.

3rd time threw level 45-45 mid way threw again i get a level 76 team full mods/purple.

My guys are
4 star 1
3 star 2
2 star 2

How is this remotely fair to get 1 shot by the opposite team. thats not even close to balanced at all.

Replies

• There are quite a lot of posts on this issue. The most important hint I can give is build more squads. This way when you lose the battle, another squad can continue it. GW is meant to be challenging and challenge players to have a wide roster instead of 1 single squad.
  • I have 3 squads mate. it does not matter when your guys get 1 shot 2 days in a row. all 3 squads die to the same team granted the 2 other squads are not max gear level or abilities but they are not trash either. both other squads are 5 with abilities level 2 and above. and my main squad is abilities 4 or max with max gear level for there level say 6.

would not matter how many teams you had at those levels there is no winner i can t even focus 1 guys down to make it easyer for the next squad because they all ways get first turn and always 1 shot at least 3 of my guys.
  • thats what i call a balanced game after 3 years. im a new player only started a week a go or so. If its like this why would i spend any money with this game. i did alot of research before i played and picked a squad to focus on. for there level they are max gear tier. people around my level get destroyed but come on putting a full modded 6 star level 76 team with double and some times tripple power is not only unfair but not even close to balanced.
  • My advice is: don't bother.

You still have plenty to do. You will reach level 85 way before reaching even half of the 150 wins for simming it.

You can't win everyday. Btw, I never built more squads - for me this would just delay the improvement of my main squad. Now I can finish everyday with my main squad. Even when I don't, I am happy to get at least one shipment from the store.
  • problem is im getting these teams in the the first tear im not even getting any currency to advance my fing team hence why 2 of my guys are 2 star over the others 3 and above and its **** me off because this is broken **** **** that should never happen. if it keeps this **** up ill be asking for a refund for money spent on the game pure and simple. if the people that make this game wont listen to players then getting a refund hurts there wallets
  • Lol good luck on the refund. GW is like that for everyone until your roster gets a little more developed and you get better at different strategies for various squads. You will get over the GW hump in time just need to have patience. If not you can always throw a tantrum and smash your phone into the wall probably have about the same chance of getting a refund for the broken phone as you would for your inability to complete any stage of the game
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Sreggin wrote: »
    if it keeps this **** up ill be asking for a refund for money spent on the game pure and simple. if the people that make this game wont listen to players then getting a refund hurts there wallets

Good luck, bro.

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    How do you imagine you'll get a refund? "I paid for a product and then later decided I didn't like it, so I shouldn't have to pay" is not a compelling argument.

Galactic War is initially hard or impossible to complete for everyone, even if you spend. That's just how it works, and how it has always worked. A ten-second search of this forum for similar topics would've told you as much.

Worry about other stuff for now - finish your Light/Dark battles, start looking at requirements for legendary characters, etc. As your roster grows, eventually GW becomes possible to complete regularly, and finally becomes easy.

If you absolutely need to get GW completed ASAP, here are some teams you could work on that will allow you to plow through the whole thing with a single squad:

Nightsisters: Old Daka can keep the team alive through almost anything unless your whole squad gets trashed before you can move. Zetas on Mother Talzin & Asajj Ventress very helpful, but not strictly necessary.

Imperial Troopers: Generates insane amounts of turn meter between Veers and Snowtrooper, so you can just roll the other team before they get a chance to move. Zeta on Veers needed for consistency, but could potentially work without it.

Resistance: Finn's leadership zeta is 100% required, but once you have it, Resistance under him becomes the undisputed master of steamrolling GWar and PVE battles. Poe Dameron and Resistance Trooper also strongly recommended as part of the squad to generate maximum Expose.

Phoenix: Probably not 100% reliable for getting through with one squad, since they are vulnerable to certain other common teams, but they will get you through the early battles without losing any protection or health. Also, you should be working on them anyway to eventually unlock Palpatine and Thrawn.

Notice how most of these need zeta materials for maximum effectiveness, a resource you can't even get yet at your level? You're just too early in the game to reasonably expect to complete Galactic War with any consistency. Just get through as much as you can, and build up your squads. It'll happen.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• While it's true that when you're new to the Galactic War board (and honestly all the way up to simming) there are times you'll just be unable to win, it seems to have gotten a lot worse lately for the newer folks. I don't know if this is a change the devs made or just a result of the powercreep of new toons. For a while the worst you could expect was a phoenix team or nightmare team. But now we're seeing Bastilla jedi teams, BH teams, and a lot stronger teams overall popping up - and not just at the end. These are advanced squads that new players have no real shot at beating.

Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m 10 months into SWGOH and reached 150 GW wins after about 180 days.
    Just THREE Teams let me clear it 95% of the time:

1) Phoenix
    2) Empire —> Tarkin, TFP, Vader, Magma and RG (switching to EP and Thrawn as soon as I got them)
    3) Rebels —> Wedge, Biggs, Leia, R2D2*, Old Ben (Farmboy Luke until I had R2)

Essentially building Phoenix, Empire and CLS “requirement” Rebels is enough to both complete GWar and unlock 3 Legendary and 1 Heroes Journey characters.

p.s. Your 4th backup team should be Bounty Hunters + STH until you have 5 of them.
  • While it's true that when you're new to the Galactic War board (and honestly all the way up to simming) there are times you'll just be unable to win, it seems to have gotten a lot worse lately for the newer folks. I don't know if this is a change the devs made or just a result of the powercreep of new toons. For a while the worst you could expect was a phoenix team or nightmare team. But now we're seeing Bastilla jedi teams, BH teams, and a lot stronger teams overall popping up - and not just at the end. These are advanced squads that new players have no real shot at beating.

My bet is on power creep. Newer whales bought revan. They use revan. Gw pulks from what players similar to your time in the game are using but locks at a bit past level 85.

Mine still has crap squads from a year and a half ago so it does appear to stay locked.
  • Eh. I'm well past being able to sim, but once in a while I play it to test out new teams/toons.

I have definitely noticed a change in team compositions - including Nest at times. She didn't exist when I started.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I have missed probably 2 days of GW completion since I unlocked it and have 53 completed so far at level 82. Here is what I have done to keep that.
    Following the infographic on legendary characters has been invaluable for me so far. This is what I've done so far, and it has been fantastic.

1) Focus Phoenix, get them all to 7* and G8. I was able to unlock Palp at 5* luckily, but missed out on thrawn by 3 days.
    2) While farming Phoenix I finished GW every day so had Zeb unlocked first. I immediately started getting Boba shards so I had someone to carry my Credit Heist squad.
    3) Since I had Palp at 5* I started my empire farm. Vader I've passively collected through achievements and eventually fleet credits, I just 7* him this week. Tie fighter pilot was my cantina farm after I finished Hera and Ezra. Tarkin was 4* from fleet events and he was my squad arena farm after Kenan was done. I have a 5* emperors guard from random broziniums but obviously my 5th will be Thrawn.
    4) Once I felt confident in my Empire team I ran EP Lead, Vader, TFP, Tarkin and Boba as my arena team. That helped me stay top 100/50 which gave me decent crystal income.
    5) Once fleets opened up at level 60 I was fortunate to get on a brand new Fleet Arena shard. I have been able to maintain top 50, then top eventually top 5 for the majority of my crystal income. Of all the characters I've mentioned so far, the only one who isn't a pilot and contributing to my fleet arena team is Palp. Every other one has allowed me to see continued progression for my fleet.
    Fresh at level 60 I unlocked Ghost and Phantom 2, had my Tie Fighter unlocked and used Tarkin. I grinded KRU to 4* and then left him alone. His ship was useful early on but I did not invest much in him as it would distract from others who had multi uses.
    My first reinforcement was Slave I.
    At this point I began to farm Biggs and his fighter. This was my only side character without multiple applications outside of fleet, but I believe was 100% worth the effort. He has enabled me to go from top 20 to stay in top 5 for the last month.
    6) At this point I should mention I started to do Bastilla's hard nodes once a day once I got to her, and eventually doing one refresh.
    7) Once my Empire characters were 7* I have began working on STH, Old Ben, Lei and Luke for the next time CLS comes around. Old Ben was my follow up to TFP in the Cantina nodes.
    8) I am still slowly grinding Lei and STH and Luke, but my Old Ben is 7* which leads to the Jedi next.
    9) Through buying brozinium with ally shards I happened to have a 4* Asoka and a 5* Jedi Consular. When they announced GMY I began farming both those 2 characters up to 6*. I used Cantina currency for Asoka and the 3 hard nodes for the consular. I didn't need to refresh his nodes and waste crystals thankfully since he has 3 nodes.
    10) I unlocked a 6* Yoda the last day of the event and had my Bastila half way to 5*
    11) Once she was 5* I shifted all my farm to Yoda/Bastila and got Old Ben to g8. Old Ben and Yoda are seriously the easiest gear farm I've seen, it is wonderful.
    12) I was getting frustrated with Arena as its all Jedi teams or EP teams with Thrawn, and I've been barely holding onto top 100.
    13) Once my Jedi team his 55k power I started using them instead of my 68k EP team. Best decision ever. Easy to beat any EP teams in arena and can finally get to top 50.
    Jedi team is also so much better than clearing GW. Yesterday I autoed every battle except for the level 85 zetad Sith team I manually beat. Autoing GW is a dream and I think once you get a Jedi team will be doable until I can sim them.
  • Just wait till you get to ships! 😂😂
  • i would play my alt if i could sim through gw. its such a drag and totally not worth the time invested. i spend less time raiding all three raids and the rewards are way better. the rewards should be better or just let me sim through it from the beginning
  • Ignore everyone here who is looking for validation about how easy it was for them and how much they need the attention. The games changes, different teams become more common, etc.

You won't beat it everyday. Sometimes on battle 2, sometimes 12. Keep going. Don't anticipate 1200 tokens a day. I know its frustrating while leveling because this is your main source of currency. Eventually (80+) you'll starting having the resources to clear it more and more.

And for future questions, ignore the self validators in general. They'll lecture you about how easy it was for them to cruise into the top 20 etc. This will offer zero insight and will not be helpful. Leveling a year ago and leveling today are not the same. The top 20 of my shard is all Revan teams and it's a shard less than 3 months old.
  • Troopers I say this all the time the TM advantage is great.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • Minotaur wrote: »
    I have missed probably 2 days of GW completion since I unlocked it and have 53 completed so far at level 82. Here is what I have done to keep that.
    Following the infographic on legendary characters has been invaluable for me so far. This is what I've done so far, and it has been fantastic.

1) Focus Phoenix, get them all to 7* and G8. I was able to unlock Palp at 5* luckily, but missed out on thrawn by 3 days.
    2) While farming Phoenix I finished GW every day so had Zeb unlocked first. I immediately started getting Boba shards so I had someone to carry my Credit Heist squad.
    3) Since I had Palp at 5* I started my empire farm. Vader I've passively collected through achievements and eventually fleet credits, I just 7* him this week. Tie fighter pilot was my cantina farm after I finished Hera and Ezra. Tarkin was 4* from fleet events and he was my squad arena farm after Kenan was done. I have a 5* emperors guard from random broziniums but obviously my 5th will be Thrawn.
    4) Once I felt confident in my Empire team I ran EP Lead, Vader, TFP, Tarkin and Boba as my arena team. That helped me stay top 100/50 which gave me decent crystal income.
    5) Once fleets opened up at level 60 I was fortunate to get on a brand new Fleet Arena shard. I have been able to maintain top 50, then top eventually top 5 for the majority of my crystal income. Of all the characters I've mentioned so far, the only one who isn't a pilot and contributing to my fleet arena team is Palp. Every other one has allowed me to see continued progression for my fleet.
    Fresh at level 60 I unlocked Ghost and Phantom 2, had my Tie Fighter unlocked and used Tarkin. I grinded KRU to 4* and then left him alone. His ship was useful early on but I did not invest much in him as it would distract from others who had multi uses.
    My first reinforcement was Slave I.
    At this point I began to farm Biggs and his fighter. This was my only side character without multiple applications outside of fleet, but I believe was 100% worth the effort. He has enabled me to go from top 20 to stay in top 5 for the last month.
    6) At this point I should mention I started to do Bastilla's hard nodes once a day once I got to her, and eventually doing one refresh.
    7) Once my Empire characters were 7* I have began working on STH, Old Ben, Lei and Luke for the next time CLS comes around. Old Ben was my follow up to TFP in the Cantina nodes.
    8) I am still slowly grinding Lei and STH and Luke, but my Old Ben is 7* which leads to the Jedi next.
    9) Through buying brozinium with ally shards I happened to have a 4* Asoka and a 5* Jedi Consular. When they announced GMY I began farming both those 2 characters up to 6*. I used Cantina currency for Asoka and the 3 hard nodes for the consular. I didn't need to refresh his nodes and waste crystals thankfully since he has 3 nodes.
    10) I unlocked a 6* Yoda the last day of the event and had my Bastila half way to 5*
    11) Once she was 5* I shifted all my farm to Yoda/Bastila and got Old Ben to g8. Old Ben and Yoda are seriously the easiest gear farm I've seen, it is wonderful.
    12) I was getting frustrated with Arena as its all Jedi teams or EP teams with Thrawn, and I've been barely holding onto top 100.
    13) Once my Jedi team his 55k power I started using them instead of my 68k EP team. Best decision ever. Easy to beat any EP teams in arena and can finally get to top 50.
    Jedi team is also so much better than clearing GW. Yesterday I autoed every battle except for the level 85 zetad Sith team I manually beat. Autoing GW is a dream and I think once you get a Jedi team will be doable until I can sim them.

This is more in depth than Carries 3 year plan.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • C0herent1 wrote: »
    Ignore everyone here who is looking for validation about how easy it was for them and how much they need the attention. The games changes, different teams become more common, etc.

You won't beat it everyday. Sometimes on battle 2, sometimes 12. Keep going. Don't anticipate 1200 tokens a day. I know its frustrating while leveling because this is your main source of currency. Eventually (80+) you'll starting having the resources to clear it more and more.

And for future questions, ignore the self validators in general. They'll lecture you about how easy it was for them to cruise into the top 20 etc. This will offer zero insight and will not be helpful. Leveling a year ago and leveling today are not the same. The top 20 of my shard is all Revan teams and it's a shard less than 3 months old.

Yeah things change. So for newer players, revan is probably the first legendary to work towards.

Just a breakdown.

Good in arena
    Good in tw and tb
    Can solo haat, probably rancor too.
    Can do like 10 mil in hstr

So probably worth missing cls, jtr, and thrawn for one go around.
  • Don't forget, If your team is getting thrashed in a battle you can retreat and try a different team or different strategy.