Smugglers run rewards

My question is a fairly simple one, but maybe the answer isn't.
Are the rewards from the smugglers run event worth farming a complete team of smugglers?
As you can see, for the moment I barely invested in a smuggler squad.
I was planning to work on my fleet first (I completely neglected those ships) and further improve my other squads to get better in arena/tb/raids before spending time and energy in those smugglers.

Or are the rewards from this event really worth the effort and if so, what would be the easiest way to get a decent smuggler squad?

https://swgoh.gg/u/maxcoulomb/

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I wouldn't worry about that event yet. You have plenty of other more important events (legendary etc.) to prepare for.

And no, the rewards are not great — just a minor bonus for those who already have smugglers
  • You'll eventually get a maxed team with just Raid Han, and the vets. Might have to farm one more to finish top tier (Nest!).

Not much investment required outside of those four unless you want to.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    You get raid han for pit eventually. You have to farm the vets for jtr. Then chewie is a fourth you'll want anyway.

For a fifth I'd go young han just because he's easy to farm. But with that srrat it'll be awhile for you.

I already had raid han, the vets, and got chewie the first go so just had to farm one. And even then I just got young han to 6 star a few days ago because the difference in rewards just isn't that much.
    Post edited by DarkHelmet1138 on
  • A bit confusing post b/c not clear if you mean the cargo ship event running now or the smuggler event with characters - you mention fleet above? The cargo event is just cake imo. I can beat the 2nd to last level with just Boba and the Phoenix ships - all 3 of which are very solid and use good characters to pilot - so while I wouldn't focus you should eventually be able to handle it and get extra falcon shards and ability mats.

The smuggler event is definitely not a focus - but as last post said you almost stumble into having a capable squad by farming vets for JRey and if you have NewChew/Raid Han your only missing piece is Qira - who herself is solid. I find those rewards very useful for mod slicing and usually help me get another mod to level 6 once the event runs. Qira was a very quick cantina farm if you buy refreshes with crystals and allows you to run a capable smuggler/scoundrel squad in TW defense if you wanted.

I'd say let the other pieces build naturally over time and when you get the vets close finish up Qira. Don't drop other farms to get smugglers for these events.
  • The last tier of the smugglers run can still be challenging - especially if you're using the vets.

7* Qira, 7* vets, 7* g12 Han, 7* g12 Nest - it's still RNG if you win or not. The DTs with AoE heal block and bouncing taunts from shores AND krennic's stun can make things go south really quickly.

As others said, I wouldn't prioritise it. Mod slicing probably shouldn't be a main focus if you're still worried about other things.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Personally I haven't completed the last tier yet but I'm not overly worried about it. Second-to-last is fairly easy to complete with my bootleg team of g9 Qi'ra, g11 Raid Han, g8 vet han and chewie, and g9 Young Han.

Slicing seems to be more of a pursuit for those who are at the bleeding edge of arena where 1 point of speed can make a difference. I'm not even breaking top 200 at the moment, so that is a really distant priority.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Well said Jarvind/Trystan. I will say that this used to be a RNG fest for me until NewChew dropped. His assists and healing with Han help cut through the DT's before they do too much damage - his AOE dispel also helps negate the impact of the Shore taunts. Makes this almost a sure thing even at 6*.
  • Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Well said Jarvind/Trystan. I will say that this used to be a RNG fest for me until NewChew dropped. His assists and healing with Han help cut through the DT's before they do too much damage - his AOE dispel also helps negate the impact of the Shore taunts. Makes this almost a sure thing even at 6*.

Definitely - OG Chewie, Vandor Chewie, L3 - any of these would make the last tier a whole lot easier.

I use the vets because it's what I have at 6*+. Heck if Nest gets lucky avoiding heal block she can solo the last tier.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Young lando is farmable with his falcon which is one of the best reinforcement ships in the game.
  • ^ And he's a pretty easy gear up to G8 so far, I've found.