Help :How do you farm mods now?

Hello!
Since the upgrade for mods with splicing and 6stars mods, I find that farming mods is more difficult. Rng for good speed secondary on native mods is very bad, and Rng post slicing too . Basically I need a ton of mods but I don’t know what is the best way to do that . I m buying mods in the shop too the prices are heavy and RNG totally unreliable . I find very frustrating to buy a mod 3-4 M for no speed upgrade and you sell it for almost nothing . So how are you doing? Splicing require mats and money but is still totally un reliable so what are the mods you decide to splice ? How do you farm them now ? Thank you for any help !

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Buy the ones with speed sec already on and pray to RNGsus for upgrades. Any other way is even worse.
  • Yes what he said, don't farm just buy from mod store
  • Events is the best way to obtain new mods. I would only resort to traditional farming if I had nothing left worth upgrading
  • I’ve been focusing on mods for two weeks. Since the change I haven’t received a mod worth upgrading. Buying is the best way but my rng has been unlucky. Prefered and miss the old way mods upgraded.
  • Rondif2
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Got that trouble with the changes too, what are actually working for me its following Warriors tip on this, i use half of mod energy in farming mods, half in farming the pieces to slice, than about 2 times a week i go to the mods, upgrade the ones with spd secondaries, than take the purple or blues to lvl 3 or 6, if appears some spd, take It to the end.
    Parallel to that, always check out the store If some nice mod is available.
    But always keeping in mind, its a slow and painful way.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    I’ve actually had luck doing the opposite.

I farm through mod challenges. After a refresh or 2 most mods are 5e. I then take all 5e up to lvl 12 and look for speed or any secondary abilities I like. (Defense, Offense etc) it costs 86k per mod. A 5c (blue) costs 2.93million single mod. After upgrading 16 or so mods I averaged 2-3 with speed secondary stats. And I spent under 1.5 million. I sell the ones I don’t need and might have only spent 800k total for 2-3 mods with speed secondary stats.

I can then take them up to 5c with ease through mod slicing.

1 day of mod refreshes
    1 day of slice refreshes per week

Then farm normally. There are no wrong ways to get what you want. I do buy speed arrows whenever I can.

(Update: did 3 refreshes for speed mod challenges, upgraded and ended with 5 total mods with speed secondary stat. 1purple (4), 1 green(5), 3 gray (5,5,3)
    Post edited by KueChael on
  • DavieJG wrote: »
    Events is the best way to obtain new mods. I would only resort to traditional farming if I had nothing left worth upgrading

This plus buy the ones that have yhe secondaries you want. Upgrade what you get from events enough to see secondaries and to 15 if they show speed or have other primary and secondary combinations that you find useful. I find offense with offe se secondaries good for raid teams. Then farm slicing materials and upgrade the ones with the highest speed first.

I get enough mods that way to not need to farm them.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes what he said, don't farm just buy from mod store

While this is certainly the most surefire way of doing it, it also assumes you have millions and millions of credits just lying around.

Personally I alternate periodically between using mod energy on challenges and slicing mats. Once I have a big pile of new mods, I'll take them up a few levels to see if they get a speed stat, and sell them if they don't (occasional exceptions for crit damage triangles or potency crosses). You get a decent amount of speed mods this way, and while you do lose some credits, you get pretty close to breaking even.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I have millions and millions of fleet credits just lying around....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Any thoughts on arrows...

Do you think the best route for a 6* Arrow would be for an offense or health arrow if your lucky enough to get 15+ speed secondary....your losing 15 speed but gaining 8.5 percent offense or 16 percent health (for someone like FOX)

6* an arrow is expensive and figure it's only for specialized characters or if your trying to get a full set for a pilot for his ships...

I mean your only getting 2 extra speed with the speed arrow unless it has a massive offense secondary or something

I'm just looking for opinons on the best route to go with the arrows... I have not had any luck getting 15+ speed secondary on an arrow yet but was thinking when i do go offense or health..

Opinions
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I start by sacrificing 3 baby Ewoks on pile of burning Porgs. I then say a prayer to RNGesus and refresh the mod store shipments.

giphy.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I'll only buy mods from the mod store if they're 5 dot gold mods with a secondary of 5 speed but lately I've been getting a decent amount of good mods from events
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I farm sliced a 20+ speed up to purple. Slicing best way for good upgrades most without upgrade multiple stats be luck to get 3 speed upgrades to get u 15 blue 3-4 is best ur going to do that’s anywhere form 9-15 on blue or good purple upgrade gets u past 15. But I’ll slice greens with 4-5 speed up that’s it if it upgrades another stat not worth slicing. Mod store is for whales with massive credit amounts mines r always low.
  • I have gotten one decent mod out of the mod store

Pot cross with pot primary and sliced to over +15 speed.

Never tell me the odds
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Any thoughts on arrows...

Do you think the best route for a 6* Arrow would be for an offense or health arrow if your lucky enough to get 15+ speed secondary....your losing 15 speed but gaining 8.5 percent offense or 16 percent health (for someone like FOX)

6* an arrow is expensive and figure it's only for specialized characters or if your trying to get a full set for a pilot for his ships...

I mean your only getting 2 extra speed with the speed arrow unless it has a massive offense secondary or something

I'm just looking for opinons on the best route to go with the arrows... I have not had any luck getting 15+ speed secondary on an arrow yet but was thinking when i do go offense or health..

Opinions

Probably a good mod for raids on teams where speed is less important. Like ns p4 where tm gain is the key, speed matters less.

Or any p1 team where nihilas gets so fast, you can't out pace him anyway.
  • Sacrifice a goat to RNGsus
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I have gotten one decent mod out of the mod store

Pot cross with pot primary and sliced to over +15 speed.

Never tell me the odds

All other things being equal (color/revealed secondaries), the odds of getting a mod to slice or roll the way you want is exactly the same no matter how you obtain the mod.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH