The Future of the Jedi vs Sith Battle?

Will Jedi always receive defensive skills, and Sith will receive Offensive Skills? It's getting pretty boring. Yes?

Replies

• Not much of a future. Jedi with Revan = WWII era Germany. Sith = Poland. No contest.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Savage and Sith Trooper (Defense) would like to have a word with you. Same with Revan, Ezra, and GMYoda (Offense). Do you mean buff and debuff? Those are (to use a Magic term) outside of the 'flavor' of those alignments. DoT isn't really a Jedi thing, just look at the original KOTOR DS/LS abilities. DoT does however, very much fit into Vader, Kylo, ect and the general DS wheelhouse.
  • The only place Mace Windu (Leader of the Jedi Council) is anywhere near as powerful as he is in the lore is TW. This "inbalance" is not only found in SWGOH, I can't recall a SW game where the DS wasn't "Stronger".
  • The only place Mace Windu (Leader of the Jedi Council) is anywhere near as powerful as he is in the lore is TW. This "inbalance" is not only found in SWGOH, I can't recall a SW game where the DS wasn't "Stronger".

In SWGOH, jedi are now the ultimate power in the universe.

The Dark Side is always "stronger" from a certain point of view. If Sidious and which ever apprentice you want to pair him with faced off against the entire Jedi Order, he would lose. But against a small group of them, including Mace, he easily overpowered them. Yoda was able to match Sidious for the most part, but that was less than a day after he had killed 4 high ranked Jedi masters while taking some serious self inflicted injuries. Even then he ultimately beat Yoda. Even Dooku was about a 99% match for Yoda.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I see sith meta at the end of it's rope. The basis of it was mostly -protect nihilus- for it's runtime and that reached it's peak with the completion of triumvirate. We may get back to talking about this when something like Darth Revan/Malak is released, but I doubt this is near future.

Meanwhile any Jedi/OR release/revamp will probably be making Revan compos, it's at the beginning of it's cycle and won't lose steam for sometime imho.
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Not much of a future. Jedi with Revan = WWII era Germany. Sith = Poland. No contest.

Until Darth Revan/Malak comes... There will always be balance in the force.
    Ephran wrote: »
    The only place Mace Windu (Leader of the Jedi Council) is anywhere near as powerful as he is in the lore is TW. This "inbalance" is not only found in SWGOH, I can't recall a SW game where the DS wasn't "Stronger".

The Dark Side is always "stronger" from a certain point of view. If Sidious and which ever apprentice you want to pair him with faced off against the entire Jedi Order, he would lose. But against a small group of them, including Mace, he easily overpowered them. Yoda was able to match Sidious for the most part, but that was less than a day after he had killed 4 high ranked Jedi masters while taking some serious self inflicted injuries. Even then he ultimately beat Yoda. Even Dooku was about a 99% match for Yoda.

Still, Mace actually defeated Sidious. And Dooku ran away from Yoda.
  • Compelling arguments, keep 'em coming!
  • Revan has destroyed this game for me. I think it's the worst thing that has ever happened to it, and I don't know if it is at all fixable without corrupting things further. What a design mistake...
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    Revan has destroyed this game for me. I think it's the worst thing that has ever happened to it, and I don't know if it is at all fixable without corrupting things further. What a design mistake...

Critical Mass?
  • Not much of a future. Jedi with Revan = WWII era Germany. Sith = Poland. No contest.

I'm sure Darth Revan will be even better than Jedi Revan.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    "We're peacekeepers, not soldiers …" I disagree, not all Jedi followed that motto. I think Greys were the biggest threat to both sides.

Also, there is a possible reason for Jedi being "weaker" then Sith. If Jedi were more powerful, Jedi Luke, whenever he is added would rule. Given he would be the pinnacle of the Jedi?

Not really. I use Sith (and thrawn) and get first place every day, dropping to the 20s only, and swimming among revans
  • Too bad they can't make one arena and put all players against each other.