Matchmaking exploits in TW

Dear devs,
Could you please have a look on algorythms for matchmaking and rework it l1ittle?
We are guild with 180m gp and we regularly face guilds with 20m more gp because they leave 2 members not registered for TW. These guilds are very tw and arena focused. Their non registered players keep playing arenas (usually top5 average rank) but somehow they are on vacation or just forget to register when TW opens...we already faced too many such guilds and it's not funny to play such one sided wars...
Please consider gp of whole guild in MM for guilds with more than 180m gp. They are not casual players anyway so if somebody doesnt register then it is intentional.

Replies

• Wow. So you are facing guilds with two 10 million GP players that sit out TW on purpose. I mean, that's how you get 20 million more GP from two sit-outs.

I get that what you are saying is a bit of an exaggeration in terms of numbers of sit-outs and GP but TW focused guilds don't necessarily need high GP to win.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • then again maybe they actually have members who have real life to deal with / kids / work or maybe they just dont like TW so dont register
    Not every guild states that 50/50 MUST register for TW especially when most people just plain dont like it
    its NOT an exploit its people dont like TW so dont lockin
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    then again maybe they actually have members who have real life to deal with / kids / work or maybe they just dont like TW so dont register
    Not every guild states that 50/50 MUST register for TW especially when most people just plain dont like it
    its NOT an exploit its people dont like TW so dont lockin

Bingo! My guild is nearly 200M GP and not TW focused so there are times we get our keisters handed to us by guilds with 180M GP who are TW-centric.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    it amazing me that people jump right to the sand bagging on purpose.
    believe it or not people have lives.
    we have told our guild members if they can't be around don't join tw.

BTW a TW obsessed guild with less GP can beat TW DGAF guilds with more GP.

we know match making is broke, Dev's know matchmaking is broke.

Either become a TW obsessed guild or TW DGAF guild then the match making won't matter as much.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Either become a TW obsessed guild or TW DGAF guild then the match making won't matter as much.

But what if i'm in a TW obsessed guild, matched with another TW obsessed guild that sandbaggs on purpose? i'm just SOOL? =D
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

But what if i'm in a TW obsessed guild, matched with another TW obsessed guild that sandbaggs on purpose? i'm just SOOL? =D

I am not saying guilds don't sand bag. just seems to me most times people jump to the sand bagging thing without any info. Me personally I would not want to be in a guild that sandbags purposely. the players left out miss 2 free zeta bits min, so they are potentially getting less zetas than if they just stayed in and lost tw.
    I hate tw but for 0 effort you can get 2 free zetas. doesn't compute to me.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    dominiQC wrote: »

BTW a TW obsessed guild with less GP can beat TW DGAF guilds with mire GP.

DGAF 😜

But yea devs know its broke. They say they are fixing it, but like everything that needs fixing in your house, it might take a while before it's done.

A while = years.

Soon (TM)
  • Our guild fluctuates between 175 and 185 million GP. We are a TW focused guild and regularly place in the top 25 each month. As a TW focused guild we hate being matched up with someone with lower GP than us. It hurts your overall ranking, and takes the fun out match. Two weeks ago we dropped from 17 to 47, in the ranking, after we won against a lower GP guild. Last TW we match against a 186 m gp guild and we are back in the top 25, however, we will miss out on a top 10 finish.
  • They are aware of the exploit, and are looking into it. I have hopes it'll be sooner than soon™

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1691856#Comment_1691856

Re: "why sandbag?" people, because if you have a rotation, you can get more resources over time than if you just go in at 50/50. More work than it's worth to me, but let's not kid ourselves. Sandbagging is a well-known technique done by many guilds.
  • sandbagging is not a thing, some guilds may have place filler/ticket generating alts, or members that arent as active for whatever reason.
    in the end, your guild is getting matched to their active gp (over 6000) and number of player.

if you have a bunch of useless gear6 toons over 6000gp , you are hurting your guilds matchmaking. a roster twice the size can be matched to a roster of half that if they have the same gp.

a bunch of gear 6 and 7 jedi guardians, ugnaughts, CUPs, lobots..... is not enough to overpower a single g12 Rjt, even though they could be matched on equal GP.

stop complaining, get better, and stop gearing up toons that are useless.
  • Russdpipes wrote: »
    sandbagging is not a thing, some guilds may have place filler/ticket generating alts, or members that arent as active for whatever reason.
    in the end, your guild is getting matched to their active gp (over 6000) and number of player.

if you have a bunch of useless gear6 toons over 6000gp , you are hurting your guilds matchmaking. a roster twice the size can be matched to a roster of half that if they have the same gp.

a bunch of gear 6 and 7 jedi guardians, ugnaughts, CUPs, lobots..... is not enough to overpower a single g12 Rjt, even though they could be matched on equal GP.

stop complaining, get better, and stop gearing up toons that are useless.

Sure..... Except that is not how matchmaking works....