Best team?

Hi fellow players

I play every day but I wouldn’t call myself an expert - hence this plea for help

Assuming all ships at level 85, ignoring crew ability etc, what’s the best combo for a team?

Assume Windu or Tarkin as leader

I’ve got Falcon, Vader, Slave 1. Then Tani, Jedi consular, Poes x wing. But I just can’t win!!!!

Thanks

Replies

• Crew are a big chunk of a ship's power so never ignore them

Forget Windu snd use Tarkin / Executrix.

Assuming "Tani" is Ahsoka Tano, you are lacking a tank which will make it difficult to win

Need more info on your ships / characters and opponents but it doesn't look promising.
  • Thank you Rath

And yes Tani was meant to be Tano!

I’ll dig out the ships and their ability levels later if you don’t mind - I really appreciate your help

Lee
  • Hello again

Thanks in advance for your help. The team is:-
    Falcon 85 Rey 6 Finn 5 other abilities 8&7 rarity is 6*
    Biggs x wing 85 Biggs 4 other abilities 8&7 rarity is 6*
    Vaders x wing 85 Vader 8 other abilities 8&7 rarity is 6*
    Slave 1 85 Boba 8 other abilities 8&8 rarity is 6*
    Poes x wing 85 Poe 5 other abilities 8&7 rarity is 5*
    Jedi Consular 85 Jc 6 other abilities 8&7 rarity is 6*

Thank you
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Pilot gear level also matters a lot.

With those ships I would have a starting lineup of Biggs, Vader and Slave 1 with Poe, Falcon and Consular reinforcing.

Vader and Slave 1 both target lock enemies which feeds your tank, Biggs, protection and gives him taunt.

Get the ship abilities maxed as soon as you can Those last couple of ability levels make a big difference.

You will need to complete Executrix challenges to *-up your capital ship and to earn high-end ship (and character) upgrade materials. That requires more Dark Side fighters. Tie Fighter, Tie Silencer and Geos are all good options and easy farms.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Crew are a big chunk of a ship's power so never ignore them

Forget Windu snd use Tarkin / Executrix.

Assuming "Tani" is Ahsoka Tano, you are lacking a tank which will make it difficult to win

Need more info on your ships / characters and opponents but it doesn't look promising.

Yes if your not going to run a tank then you need to be running 3 of the fastest ships in the game and be able to kill one or two of their ships before they can take a turn...if they have HT in their first three this is no longer possible...if not running HT then POE and ITF (mandatory) then FOTP or SFFOTP or Silencer as a 3rd. you should be able to focus down one or two of their ships before they can go more than once.

The teams you target should always have Imperial Tie fighter as a first ship as a geared POE might be able to OHKO him right from the start and your other 2 ships kill someone else..then it's 3v1...smooth sailing from there... now if hey bring out the HT as a reinforcement your better having silencer ITF out there with poe as you can buff immunity/stun Poe blast again....

Your going to hit a poit where this won't work anymore as everyone will have a hounds tooth though so start farming it or another tank

• Thank you both that’s really helpful. It’s the subtlety of how to blend the different ships & abilities together that’s been beyond me so thank you.

I’ve been farming the gear ratings on the pilots so I’m gettimg there slowly! At least now I know which ones to focus on.

My dark side ships definitely weaker so will improve for the Tarkim challenge which will in turn improve the corresponding capital ship.

Thanks again!
  • Are there any ships, other than those listed above, that you’d target to replace my current squad?

My Tie zFighters, Ghost, Clone Sargent etc are close to the same level.....
  • I'd put in the tiefighters for consular and falcon ship then. start line up of. biggs, Vader, imperial tie and then fo tie, slave, Poe as reinforcements
  • If you're facing people that are constantly using Slave I or other buff-heavy ships then Tano is a good choice to constantly strip the buffs each time someone reinforces, etc. I usually call her in right after Slave I on the enemy side. She'll gain a ton of health and then her special is available to clear buffs off another enemy.