Meta Shifts

So, with the updates today, what do you guys see as shaking shifts in the meta?

Looks like we will see a bit less Barriss (since her heal was nerfed) and even more of Sid and Maul. I can almost see more sith synergies being used also.

At the expensive end, but potentially powerful could be a sith/first order team. I'm still leveling and such but I figured I'd see what the old pros think.

I'm only 42 and won't be fielding 7* heroes for a while but I'm rethinking my mostly Jedi team now and thankful that my dark side teams will have a bit more power.

Replies

• The Sid buff is cool and he will step up in the current meta. Maul's is pretty awesome as well but he still remains squishy. I rly think that Lumi will step forward because of the Barriss nerf and perhaps the Nightsisters will be common thing now with Asajj minor buff. I really wish that nightsisters would become a thing here and with Old Daka and Asajj i don't see why not. But there will be nerf on Sid aswel imo. Afterall this is pretty new game so at the begining there will be pretty imbalanced things, so more nerfs and buffs are expected and pretty OP toons will come up in the meta.
  • I see the shift to buff mace windu next lol. But let's wait and see, some P2P already got all the new guys. Maybe they can show us first hand how strong they can be. I'm wandering around soft launchies arena, if I see anything different I'll make it a point to test out their team lol.

But right now, it doesn't seem like much change. Barriss users mainly have lots of healers. Nerfing her heal won't change their setup. F2P will compete more easily with Sid now though, bringing the payers and non-payers gap closer.

Big time P2P will surely be out to try the new first order and resistance synergies. In theory they look pretty good, team wide advantage buff or team wide exposure debuff.

Old time P2P who refuse to spend more will now find ways to squeeze in the latest super glass cannon, Darth Maul. I don't see any stat change to him, so he is likely super squishy and super slow, but hits like a nucleur bomb.

Asajj base dmg increase is significant. But nightsisters synergy is bad. Might see her combi with Sid now. Probably a very good investment after Sid for F2P.

Obi-Wan. No idea why they nerfed him, just because no one revealed the trick to counter him here doesn't mean there isn't one. (I'm not revealing it, I'm sure some others know too, teehee). But he's a no issue now, lost his pressure. It's just surviving the 1st debuff period, and he shouldn't have enough turns to get the 2nd one out.

Boba got a little better with a slight dmg boost to his aoe, no one actually notices his skill's ability block is 85% at level 6 lol. I've seen times when he ability blocks all 5 opponents with one blast. But his turn comes so slowly, limits his ability to counter quick assault teams (like droids) but should work wonders against jedi.
  • I hope to see some new teams. I know it takes a while to build diversity and niche teams to experiment with but let's hope the meta broadens a bit. Once EA figures out the balance and there are more options in the meta it will get really fun. From there the struggle is on keeping the f2p gap reasonable. I'm not a f2p player but the restrictions are a bit intense at times.

I'd also like some more options for dark side pve. I'm stuck on 4-Hard but I know I'll get farther with more heals once I get Daka and a tank figured out.
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    I see the shift to buff mace windu next lol. But let's wait and see, some P2P already got all the new guys. Maybe they can show us first hand how strong they can be. I'm wandering around soft launchies arena, if I see anything different I'll make it a point to test out their team lol.

But right now, it doesn't seem like much change. Barriss users mainly have lots of healers. Nerfing her heal won't change their setup. F2P will compete more easily with Sid now though, bringing the payers and non-payers gap closer.

Big time P2P will surely be out to try the new first order and resistance synergies. In theory they look pretty good, team wide advantage buff or team wide exposure debuff.

Old time P2P who refuse to spend more will now find ways to squeeze in the latest super glass cannon, Darth Maul. I don't see any stat change to him, so he is likely super squishy and super slow, but hits like a nucleur bomb.

Asajj base dmg increase is significant. But nightsisters synergy is bad. Might see her combi with Sid now. Probably a very good investment after Sid for F2P.

Obi-Wan. No idea why they nerfed him, just because no one revealed the trick to counter him here doesn't mean there isn't one. (I'm not revealing it, I'm sure some others know too, teehee). But he's a no issue now, lost his pressure. It's just surviving the 1st debuff period, and he shouldn't have enough turns to get the 2nd one out.

Boba got a little better with a slight dmg boost to his aoe, no one actually notices his skill's ability block is 85% at level 6 lol. I've seen times when he ability blocks all 5 opponents with one blast. But his turn comes so slowly, limits his ability to counter quick assault teams (like droids) but should work wonders against jedi.

I sure hope so with windu!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    My Jedi Sister team just got better over night, although it seems the Jedi components will be taking a beating from any Sith.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »
    My Jedi Sister team just got better over night, although it seems the Jedi components will be taking a beating from any Sith.

I've been playing with a Jedi/Sister team as well but I don't have the right heroes strong enough yet but it does seem to be pretty flexible.

Who are you running and how's it work out?
  • I'll be switching to a sixth/first order team. My Tie fighter just got a boost from update.
  • which healer to pair with the sid/dooku/maul combo?

I guess it'd be either lumi or JC depending on tank
  • I think Lumi is better than JC, and although that JC has 1 gear lvl more than Lumi, she does more damage and here heal is better, at least to me. Also Lumi has the chance to block ability and to gain evasion so she offers more than JC.
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I think with the current Barriss changes they strive to lessen the value of glass cannons + barriss to some well thought team compositions, e.g. 1 tank (that barriss will still heal quite decently), 1 heal (barriss) 1heal/supp (e.g. lumi/JC) and 2 attackers.
    Seems like quite an appropiate team setup and greatly increases the value of tanks/taunts
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »

I've been playing with a Jedi/Sister team as well but I don't have the right heroes strong enough yet but it does seem to be pretty flexible.

Who are you running and how's it work out?
    It keeps me at #1 when my phone doesn't have issues like today lol

5★ VII Ahsoka (leader)
    6★ VII Asajj
    6★ VII Luminara
    6★ VII Talia
    5★ VIII Consular
  • Same team as Keaven here except swap Consular for Old Daka and lower stars and gear.
    (Lowly level 49 here)

The second I started playing this game I knew the Nightsisters would be the way to go. It looks like for now at least, I'm right.

Hopefully they release new NS heroes soon so I can be 100% pure blood Nightsister by dropping my Jedi.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • @Cpt_Dan
    Who do you have? Because you really don't need a tank if you have two healers or one healer and two pseudo-healers.

Each member of my squad can heal someone in some way, so I do fairly well. Currently ranked 228 in a server up to level 60.

For example in my last PVP Asajj was dead, Ahsoka was in the red, Talia and Daka were in the yellow.
    So Daka used her heal and revived Asajj, then Luminara healed and all of a sudden were all up to 90% - 100% health.

I probably would have won anyway as it was 4 vs 3, but that is just one example of using two moves which can completely change the outcome of a match.

In my opinion, using a Tank will only hold you back.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • @cosmicturtle333

Yeah I'm realizing that the tank is bad. Currently my arena team is in constant flux as I try to adjust and I'm still gearing and leveling skills. I'm working on a core roster of about 10 now because I needed to shift away from my all Jedi team. I've been using chewie, barriss, and JC most often and was rounding it out with mace and anakin. Ahsoka is actually working well for me now and I'm raising dooku up for anti Jedi uses.

I'm currently about done with summoning Sid and Lumi and then I'll probably swap in Lumi for Barriss or JC. I have a Adam but I'm not sure he is worth it without tank protection as he gets focused easily. If he gets a chance to let loose on Jedi he is great though. Once I get Sid unlocked and geared I'll have the core of Lumi, Sid, and Dooku and putting in whichever dps sync well after some testing. I like Anakins toolkit but hard to farm and I don't see him keeping up as I never fight against him in top 100 anymore. I'll keep trying new things until I reach the crossroads of focusing my team.

• A full tanky lineup can be good for defense: Vader, boba, savage oppress, Old Ben and Barriss. Almost impossible to burst down any single target and good consistent damage from dots and aoe as well as a potential snipe with culling blade.
  • A full tanky lineup can be good for defense: Vader, boba, savage oppress, Old Ben and Barriss. Almost impossible to burst down any single target and good consistent damage from dots and aoe as well as a potential snipe with culling blade.

Two of those five can't be farmed, and will quickly fall behind as more players get 7* toons. Both have good utility and excellent synergy....but the lack of upgrade options kills them for me.
  • Still going take a while to get people leveled before it actually changes. Pay players around another week and FTP maybe a month. But so many options now.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So I've maxed all gear, and abilities for 3/5 heroes so far, and 30 shards off a full 7★ squad using this strategy, and still getting #1 rewards from Arena each day.

7★ VII Ahsoka (leader)
    7★ VII Asajj
    7★ VII Luminara
    7★ VII Talia
    6★ VIII Consular
  • That's a very strong team. I'm assuming you're using asajj and Talia to hit Sidius. Does it feel weak in any area?
  • Belg
    38 posts Member
    Does Talia stay good? I just dont seem to be getting much mileage from her at all.
  • I don't like Talia and don't use her aside from DS missions.
  • But his team has a good synergy and Talia fits it.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Talia works in that slow lineup as her heal gives a nice turn meter buff, and her special hits pretty hard. Her base damage isn't much, but she can heal half her damage back which is a nice chunk on a crit:)
  • Time wrote: »
    Talia works in that slow lineup as her heal gives a nice turn meter buff, and her special hits pretty hard. Her base damage isn't much, but she can heal half her damage back which is a nice chunk on a crit:)

/agree she's good in that lineup
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    That's a very strong team. I'm assuming you're using asajj and Talia to hit Sidius. Does it feel weak in any area?
    I chose it to start because it's unique and fast to promote.

It's strong but for me intended to be temporary. Im already struggling against a couple of spenders in my arena while I now expand my 7☆ roster. It's done it's purpose well.

Depending on who else is with Sid I'll sometimes hit him with everything I've got as the squad is healer heavy.