Why doesn't Wampa under Ackbar trigger an assist?

Tanzos
219 posts Member
edited November 2018
If you have Ackbar lead any ability that is not an attack triggers an assist from a Rebel. Wamps's howling rage isn't an attack (unless Zeta'd) but doesn't call an assist.

Could it be because the Zeta upgrade makes it an attack and the game considers it one without the Zeta? Does the game not care about what stage of the ability you have when determining what an "attack" is?
Post edited by Tanzos on

Replies

• komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Wampa’s howling makes enemies the healing immunites. It is also “attack”

Similarly, when old ben or JTR use mind trick under Ackbar’s lead, no one assists.
    Because making debuff is not physical attack but special attack.

However, when BB-8 spreads Secret Intels, someone assists. Because, it is just spreading buff for allies. So it’s not “attack”
    When you use illuminate destiny, no one assists. Because BB-8 makes Expose for enemies by illuminate destiny!! It is a special attack. So... it’s “attack”
  • komji15 wrote: »

Similarly, when old ben or JTR use mind trick under Ackbar’s lead, no one assists.

However, when BB-8 spreads Secret Intels, someone assists. Because, it is just spreading buff for allies. So it’s not “attack”
    When you use illuminate destiny, no one assists. Because BB-8 makes Expose for enemies by illuminate destiny!! It is a special attack. So... it’s “attack”

You missed half of what he wrote. The heal immunity comes from the zeta, every stage before that, it shouldn't be considered an attack.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Tanzos , you're absoloutely right. Clearly a bug. Great catch.
  • Curious to see if there are any other non-attacking abilities that gain a negative effect at a later level. Gonna do some digging.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Okay, so I checked through the entire roster and I almost didn't find another instance of an ability that gains a negative effect at a later level UNTIL I got to the very last character... Rose Tico...

Her middle ability "Dauntless Bravado" gains "For each Resistance Ally remove 8% turn meter from target enemy" as an Omega upgrade. Obviously I do not have that ability omega'd cause it's... well it's Rose. But testing that ability at level 3 with Ackbar does trigger an assist from a Rebel.

If someone who has Rose omega'd (if there are any) can test whether or not it will still trigger an assist that could be interesting to know.

Either way it is inconsistent with Wampa's ability not calling an assist without it's Zeta when Rose does without her Omega.
  • Tanzos wrote: »
    Okay, so I checked through the entire roster and I almost didn't find another instance of an ability that gains a negative effect at a later level UNTIL I got to the very last character... Rose Tico...

Her middle ability "Dauntless Bravado" gains "For each Resistance Ally remove 8% turn meter from target enemy" as an Omega upgrade. Obviously I do not have that ability omega'd cause it's... well it's Rose. But testing that ability at level 3 with Ackbar does trigger an assist from a Rebel.

If someone who has Rose omega'd (if there are any) can test whether or not it will still trigger an assist that could be interesting to know.

Either way it is inconsistent with Wampa's ability not calling an assist without it's Zeta when Rose does without her Omega.

I can confirm that Rose does not call an assist with dauntless bravado omega'd under Ackbar. Looks like a bug in Wampa's kit to me.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited November 2018

I can confirm that Rose does not call an assist with dauntless bravado omega'd under Ackbar. Looks like a bug in Wampa's kit to me.

Aha, thanks for the test. Guess I'll see if I can file a bug report at EA Help or whatever.

Edit: Looks like it's already been flagged as a bug all the back in April.
    Post edited by Tanzos on
  • komji15 wrote: »

You missed half of what he wrote. The heal immunity comes from the zeta, every stage before that, it shouldn't be considered an attack.

Well it's obviously not coded to make that difference
  • Ackbars lead is very unreliable.
    It also doesnt trigger for bb8s ultimate, while its clearly just a group buff ability.
  • Ackbars lead is very unreliable.
    It also doesnt trigger for bb8s ultimate, while its clearly just a group buff ability.

BB8 ultimate also debuffs enemies which counts as an Attack.

• The interaction between Wampa's Furious Foe and Ackbar's leadership was flagged as a bug already on AnswersHQ, albeit in April.

Seems like it's a low priority bug if it hasn't been fixed yet.