The Clone Wars celebration that wasn't.

Replies

  • November isn't over yet... My guess is they were running late with the DS Kotor toons and had to push them out now to be able to bring the Darth Malak/Darth Revan legendary in February. That probably delayed a possible GG or Mace rework. Let's see, we still have 2 weeks left.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Switcheroo wrote: »
    November isn't over yet... My guess is they were running late with the DS Kotor toons and had to push them out now to be able to bring the Darth Malak/Darth Revan legendary in February. That probably delayed a possible GG or Mace rework. Let's see, we still have 2 weeks left.

    While you're correct on November not being over yet, they pretty much confirmed no GG rework and alluded to nothing Clone Wars being added this quarter.

    Would be AWESOME if that was just a ruse to throw us off and they will do the Clone Wars stuff and the 3yr anniversary stuff at the same time.

    But that would be too fantastic. I've learned to curb my enthusiasm. Fairly certain we are getting 2 more dark side KOTOR toons and maybe a possible HK47 rework, but that's it for November.

    I would love to be wrong.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Right on OP! Such a let down for CW why even call it a celebration, felt like we got a half eaten birthday cake...oh look more KoToR toons
  • I'm hoping it was just a dramatic scheduling switcharound.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • I guess CW gets a rework or new toons when Season 7 airs (end next year). I just don't want to wait so long.
  • It would be nice if there was some Clone event similar to Ghosts of Dathomir where you'd get some extra clone shards every so often. Heck, it would be nice if they did that for a lot of the factions.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    This November has definitely been a major let down. Hope they turn things around for December.

    Well we are probably getting Ep4-6 stuff so people will like that but they will still be negating Clone Wars stuff. So it'll still feel like missed opportunity.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Atarius wrote: »
    I guess CW gets a rework or new toons when Season 7 airs (end next year). I just don't want to wait so long.

    Yeah, and that's way too long. They could easily rework some stuff NOW and add a few new characters here and there so they can make money. And then next year roll out that "new" Clone squad as marquees.

    Everybody wins.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • IronCross wrote: »
    This November has definitely been a major let down. Hope they turn things around for December.

    'Tis the season
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Gotta agree, it does seem very odd. Like they decided to throw a 40th birthday for Bob, and then during that bash there's napkins and plates that say "Happy Retirement Frank," and Bob gets a little cupcake with a candle while Frank's making a touching reflection speech on his career.
    So count me in as one who's hoping that it's not over yet. The bonus shard event was a bit of a letdown, clone helmets were cosmetic, and the TW buffs are pretty much a non-event since no one is nuts enough to do a full Sith wall (unless they missed the memo). I'm also guessing that Mace and Grevious will not get a rework until after the last TW event where they're uber-buffed (not that it would really matter, but still). I'd really like to see a zeta on Grev, Mace and Kenobi, and another clone or two, like they did with Logray and Paploo for ewoks.

    All this. +10000
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Oh, we aren't done with this until a Dev responds. Lol
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Agreed!
  • There were leaks, so CG changed up the order of what they were going to release. All the Clone Wars era stuff got switched to another quarter. CGCarrie said the GG rework was speculation from leaks, which to me says the leaks were right, at some point in time. If the leaks weren't from a legit source, they wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

    All the leaks are exactly what they’re doing right now... look at the image below. We know exactly what is going to happen Darkside Kotor toons are not a surprise.

    e51xw0vmmtj9.jpeg

    Stop posting stuff like that. It makes my wallet hurt. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    There were leaks, so CG changed up the order of what they were going to release. All the Clone Wars era stuff got switched to another quarter. CGCarrie said the GG rework was speculation from leaks, which to me says the leaks were right, at some point in time. If the leaks weren't from a legit source, they wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

    All the leaks are exactly what they’re doing right now... look at the image below. We know exactly what is going to happen Darkside Kotor toons are not a surprise.

    e51xw0vmmtj9.jpeg

    Stop posting stuff like that. It makes my wallet hurt. :D

    I'd let my wallet take a hit. If all this stuff actually happened it would've been a GREAT ending to the year. But the seemingly skipping of the Clone Wars stuff is garbage.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Entering the month of November, expectations were high... rumors had been circulating the forums, and we had had a few teasers...

    The TW bonuses were a fantastic and welcome addition to the game, making grievous and mace alongside other characters not only viable but straight up monsters...

    Grievous’s character model grew in height considerably, making him much more imposing and menacing...

    There are no new movies or series until 2019, so now is the time to expand upon older titles...

    The overall trend of the game for the last few weeks seems to be prioritized towards clone wars, along with the other big Star Wars game, Battle front 2 (grievous was released in October with Kenobi and geonosis supposedly arriving this month)...

    And last but not least, not only the 10th anniversary of the clone wars, but also the 3rd anniversary of SWGOH is this month, and what has been requested more than General Grievous receiving a rework (and the rest of the separatist and republic factions)?....

    The timing for this is something we will never receive again for the duration of this game’s life, and it seems that the stars aligning are being ignored. The road ahead mentioned many things that people are very pleased about, myself included, but it left out possibly the single most requested event in this game’s history. Grievous and mace have been worthless trinkets that many fans have painstakingly collected, with the only silver lining being a vague promise in the near future of a rework. It seems now that we’re running out of near futures.

    2019 will be a massive year for Star Wars, with the emergence of the mandalorian, Star Wars resistance, and Star Wars IX. I am very worried that if this opportunity is passed up now, we will never get another one again, at least not for another year. Please, just confirm or deny that this will ever happen. Since 2016 I’ve been putting together small pieces of information and getting my hopes up, only for them to be shattered by reality. I’m tired of it. I’d be happier to know that you just plan on leaving grievous and mace as is than to build up more expectations over the course of another year. Please see reason.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Entering the month of November, expectations were high... rumors had been circulating the forums, and we had had a few teasers...

    The TW bonuses were a fantastic and welcome addition to the game, making grievous and mace alongside other characters not only viable but straight up monsters...

    Grievous’s character model grew in height considerably, making him much more imposing and menacing...

    There are no new movies or series until 2019, so now is the time to expand upon older titles...

    The overall trend of the game for the last few weeks seems to be prioritized towards clone wars, along with the other big Star Wars game, Battle front 2 (grievous was released in October with Kenobi and geonosis supposedly arriving this month)...

    And last but not least, not only the 10th anniversary of the clone wars, but also the 3rd anniversary of SWGOH is this month, and what has been requested more than General Grievous receiving a rework (and the rest of the separatist and republic factions)?....

    The timing for this is something we will never receive again for the duration of this game’s life, and it seems that the stars aligning are being ignored. The road ahead mentioned many things that people are very pleased about, myself included, but it left out possibly the single most requested event in this game’s history. Grievous and mace have been worthless trinkets that many fans have painstakingly collected, with the only silver lining being a vague promise in the near future of a rework. It seems now that we’re running out of near futures.

    2019 will be a massive year for Star Wars, with the emergence of the mandalorian, Star Wars resistance, and Star Wars IX. I am very worried that if this opportunity is passed up now, we will never get another one again, at least not for another year. Please, just confirm or deny that this will ever happen. Since 2016 I’ve been putting together small pieces of information and getting my hopes up, only for them to be shattered by reality. I’m tired of it. I’d be happier to know that you just plan on leaving grievous and mace as is than to build up more expectations over the course of another year. Please see reason.

    Perfection.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I know the devs have read this. Response?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I know the devs have read this. Response?

    Yes... I would like one as well
  • You are spot on with this take. Im very disappointed. I was super hype about clone wars reworks and content. And nothing.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    There were leaks, so CG changed up the order of what they were going to release. All the Clone Wars era stuff got switched to another quarter. CGCarrie said the GG rework was speculation from leaks, which to me says the leaks were right, at some point in time. If the leaks weren't from a legit source, they wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

    All the leaks are exactly what they’re doing right now... look at the image below. We know exactly what is going to happen Darkside Kotor toons are not a surprise.

    e51xw0vmmtj9.jpeg

    Stop posting stuff like that. It makes my wallet hurt. :D

    What's jtr/cls reheat?
  • Iy4oy4s
    1013 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    There were leaks, so CG changed up the order of what they were going to release. All the Clone Wars era stuff got switched to another quarter. CGCarrie said the GG rework was speculation from leaks, which to me says the leaks were right, at some point in time. If the leaks weren't from a legit source, they wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

    All the leaks are exactly what they’re doing right now... look at the image below. We know exactly what is going to happen Darkside Kotor toons are not a surprise.

    e51xw0vmmtj9.jpeg

    Stop posting stuff like that. It makes my wallet hurt. :D

    What's jtr/cls reheat?

    Their events making a appearance.

    Everyone in this thread is making some fantastic points that need to be addressed by the devs. We are the customers asking questions and we should be getting answers. Get a community manager that can talk to the community.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Moderator
    If you think about it though, the “light stuff” that was done like Anakin’s ship and Clone Helmets were a fan-service for the anniversary, and the real reworks and new content are probably coming with the new CW season that’s starting up soon.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Grevious love is real in here. Totally agree with most of you actually.

    Except kenobi zeta... while i agree with the notion that, as an iconic character, he should have a zeta... introducing a zeta right now would have to make his kit stronger. His kit does not need to be stronger. I'm actually just happy that you can max out such a strong character with omegas. ;)
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    If you think about it though, the “light stuff” that was done like Anakin’s ship and Clone Helmets were a fan-service for the anniversary, and the real reworks and new content are probably coming with the new CW season that’s starting up soon.

    hahahaha that was a good one!!!!

    You either do it all at once or you don't do it at all!

    As for all the KOTOR stuff, i don't know why we had to get everything at once and then be done with it. I am not a fan of KOTOR since i have never played the game, but i don't mind it either. I like the addition of different characters. The thing is we didn't get all Rebels or all Empire characters at once, but sporadically. Why put so much focus on this one faction and even give us multiple same characters with them only being out a few months??? (Bastila and i expect Revan soon*)

    *SWGOH soon aka a couple of months
  • the clone war celebration ? what celebration new art , and stingy on shard drops for the bonus?
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    If you think about it though, the “light stuff” that was done like Anakin’s ship and Clone Helmets were a fan-service for the anniversary, and the real reworks and new content are probably coming with the new CW season that’s starting up soon.

    Yeah, and those were welcome. But I would hardly call that "celebration" worthy.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
Sign In or Register to comment.