Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Can I honestly ask you, do you not feel cheated by someone doing better than you who has spent very little or nothing, but is leaps and bounds ahead of you?
    Not directed at my, but no, not really. In a game that's inherently unfair in order for the developers to make money, i can't be that bothered that much about how they've purchased their crystals or account. It's unfair for sure, but out of everything that are unfair in this game, i think this mass ban is just a drop in the ocean.
    Do you feel cheated by a player who's exactly as skilled and dedicated as you, but has a better roster simply because he has a less crouded pay-out, or a less competative leaderboard alltoghether?

Inherently unfair? How so?

On your second point, no. We have 3 players in our shard that have open POs. They still have to win to get there, just like everyone else.

Any game in which you can pay to get ahead is inherently unfair. Lets also not forget that this game used to have regional pricing, which in a way is more fair, but nevertheless results in players paying less money for the same amount of crystals.
    Assuming you're on a shard chat with rank rotation, if you share your pay-out with 4 others you're making 100 cyrstals less daily on average than the player who doesn't share his PO, with the same amount of effort. That's just on the same leaderboard, some players might not even be able to take top5 at all on some leaderboards, but would easily do so on other leaderboards (which started at roughly the same time).
    If i had to chose between competing with 10 legit krakens or 4 bought accounts/crystal fraud players i'd chose the former out of selfinterrest. So given i'd make that choice, i can't really say i'm that bothered or feel cheated by bought accounts/crystalfraud.
    I don't feel cheated that much either way tbh, but if i had to guess i'm probably on a relatively easy leaderboard and i haven't noticed anyone disapearing in my top50. So there's always the possibility that i don't feel cheated because i'm not being cheated or unlucky with my leaderboard. Maybe in fleet, but i don't play fleet so i wouldn't know.

Please show me a sport or competition where the better funded person/team doesnt have an advantage. Better training, coaching, team diversity, recruitment, or.... There are many examples where money influences the outcome of a competition. And the better funded player/team doesn't always win.

To add to this, @Kyno , you know my shard, you know the guys there. Many of them are F2P and can go toe to toe with any whale or even kraken out there. Truth to your statement.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Wow, a response two months later?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • We have a dude on our fleetshard who all of a sudden has all the good ships and crews maxed out and is half a million GP ahead of the rest of us.

He just might have whaled out thousands of dollars the last few weeks but I find it much more likely that he's been buying the crystals elsewhere. No way I can prove it though. Any ideas on what to do? I can't well report him without proof
  • Rokochitila12
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello.How can i find if I have a cheater in my guild? -EDIT- I see he make a lot of damage in sith raid,but raported at his gp and teams is verry much.Thank you.

Please do not post a potential cheater's ally code in the thread as this is against the forum rules ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    @Elorion82 @Rokochitila12 you should be reporting them to @CG_LucifersDaddy with possible documentation why you are suspecting them of cheating.
  • @No_Try thanks. :-)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Just a reminder:
    Report A Potential Cheater: If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    You're not allowed to publicly shame a person out. Just protecting you from the mods in this area

You should send a PM to LD instead. He's definitely cheating
  • Igod
    103 posts Member
    Nice!!!
    1f0o7yui9xnk.gif
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Can I honestly ask you, do you not feel cheated by someone doing better than you who has spent very little or nothing, but is leaps and bounds ahead of you?
    Not directed at my, but no, not really. In a game that's inherently unfair in order for the developers to make money, i can't be that bothered that much about how they've purchased their crystals or account. It's unfair for sure, but out of everything that are unfair in this game, i think this mass ban is just a drop in the ocean.
    Do you feel cheated by a player who's exactly as skilled and dedicated as you, but has a better roster simply because he has a less crouded pay-out, or a less competative leaderboard alltoghether?

On your second point, no. We have 3 players in our shard that have open POs. They still have to win to get there, just like everyone else.

Any game in which you can pay to get ahead is inherently unfair. Lets also not forget that this game used to have regional pricing, which in a way is more fair, but nevertheless results in players paying less money for the same amount of crystals.
    Assuming you're on a shard chat with rank rotation, if you share your pay-out with 4 others you're making 100 cyrstals less daily on average than the player who doesn't share his PO, with the same amount of effort. That's just on the same leaderboard, some players might not even be able to take top5 at all on some leaderboards, but would easily do so on other leaderboards (which started at roughly the same time).
    If i had to chose between competing with 10 legit krakens or 4 bought accounts/crystal fraud players i'd chose the former out of selfinterrest. So given i'd make that choice, i can't really say i'm that bothered or feel cheated by bought accounts/crystalfraud.
    I don't feel cheated that much either way tbh, but if i had to guess i'm probably on a relatively easy leaderboard and i haven't noticed anyone disapearing in my top50. So there's always the possibility that i don't feel cheated because i'm not being cheated or unlucky with my leaderboard. Maybe in fleet, but i don't play fleet so i wouldn't know.

Please show me a sport or competition where the better funded person/team doesnt have an advantage. Better training, coaching, team diversity, recruitment, or.... There are many examples where money influences the outcome of a competition. And the better funded player/team doesn't always win.

To add to this, @Kyno , you know my shard, you know the guys there. Many of them are F2P and can go toe to toe with any whale or even kraken out there. Truth to your statement.

Wrong sports have human factor health, conditioning, etc. computer games 1’s and 0’s barring RNG miracles events play out to the math
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

Wrong sports have human factor health, conditioning, etc. computer games 1’s and 0’s barring RNG miracles events play out to the math

Correct. And if your humans are better at health and conditioning, thereby making more money than your opponent’s H&C humans, then you’ll have an edge. I think that’s what he was saying.

• @Gari naming and shaming is a breach of the forum rules. May I suggest you remove the screenshots from your post and send those and any info you have in a private message to @CG_LucifersDaddy
  • @Gari naming and shaming is a breach of the forum rules. May I suggest you remove the screenshots from your post and send those and any info you have in a private message to @CG_LucifersDaddy
    And what is the lack of response to complaints?
    Already the fourth raid in a row completes these cheaters, I send screenshots there, and the reaction is zero? Are you generally in your mind?
    Sense to play the game, even if you do not care about its rules and cheaters?

• Gari wrote: »
    @Gari naming and shaming is a breach of the forum rules. May I suggest you remove the screenshots from your post and send those and any info you have in a private message to @CG_LucifersDaddy
    Already the fourth raid in a row completes these cheaters, I send screenshots there, and the reaction is zero? Are you generally in your mind?

@Gari I very much care about the rules, which is why I directed to to the appropriate resource for dealing with cheaters, and gave you advice to prevent you losing your account on this forum.

It is a very small team that handle suspected cheaters and I imagine your issue is simply waiting in the queue to be solved.

I would recommend browsing the forums to find a new guild that is suitable for your level rather than one of the game-generated starter guilds. Cheating wouldn't be tolerated in a guild ran by real people (the game runs the starter guilds), and the suspected cheater would usually be removed by the guild leader.
  • I will not spend any further time on this game. It does not make sense, I do not have equal opportunities with cheaters.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Gari wrote: »
    @Gari naming and shaming is a breach of the forum rules. May I suggest you remove the screenshots from your post and send those and any info you have in a private message to @CG_LucifersDaddy

i suggest starting by kicking the cheaters out of your guild, or suggest the guild leadership does so. By doing so atleast your guildmates and you won't get a lower rewards due to other cheating.
    The ea/cg employees in charge of cheating prevention will get around to you eventually, banning them if found guilty.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

i suggest starting by kicking the cheaters out of your guild, or suggest the guild leadership does so. By doing so atleast your guildmates and you won't get a lower rewards due to other cheating.
    The ea/cg employees in charge of cheating prevention will get around to you eventually, banning them if found guilty.

In the screenshots which have since been taken down he's in one of the starter guilds. Is there people in those guilds capable of booting people?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

In the screenshots which have since been taken down he's in one of the starter guilds. Is there people in those guilds capable of booting people?

That's something i do not know, i've never been in such a guild. I assume you can though, or at the very least leave the guild on your own accord.
  • leef wrote: »
    That's something i do not know, i've never been in such a guild. I assume you can though, or at the very least leave the guild on your own accord.

I can leave, but what will it give? This person has received 2,500 guild coins, 400,000 credits, and many other awards since 4 raids today. Then these are the first in the arenas, they get more crystals, which allow them to be even stronger. This is not a game, cheats kill it. But even worse, when it does not react.
  • Gari wrote: »

I can leave, but what will it give? This person has received 2,500 guild coins, 400,000 credits, and many other awards since 4 raids today. Then these are the first in the arenas, they get more crystals, which allow them to be even stronger. This is not a game, cheats kill it. But even worse, when it does not react.

First, message LD and Levi, After that, go find a real guild, They will deal with it, but the odds of you seeing that player ever aga8n are very slim.

Since you reported it, now you need to be patient, after that , get into an active guild and watch your game get Rolling.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Take solice in the fact that they eventually will get banned, it just takes some time. It's far from perfect, ideally you want them gone asap, but it is what it is.
    fwiw, i've never encountered a cheater ingame (except for those cheap crystal buyers, but those are effectively the same as whales but with less money spend). So i wouldn't say there's rampant cheating going on in this game. In the end it's still your decision if you want to quit because of cheaters ofcourse.
  • arQQ
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Image removed. - EA_Cian

Whats the exact point of banning cheaters, if your unbanning them after 3 months and let them keep nearly everything they got with cheats? One of cheaters in our arena shard just got unbanned today, hes only pentalty beside being banned for 3 months is removed treya and gk, he got to keep all of hes 100+ g12.5 chars, multiple 160+ speed mod sets, every hero/journey char he had prior to ban, and were talking about 1 year old shard. Screenshot of the unbanned cheater back at #1 in arena.
    Some of us in our shard have spent close to 5k$ last year, this feel like a slap to the face by CG.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Mcfly2411
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    arQQ wrote: »
    Image removed. - EA_Cian

Whats the exact point of banning cheaters, if your unbanning them after 3 months and let them keep nearly everything they got with cheats? One of cheaters in our arena shard just got unbanned today, hes only pentalty beside being banned for 3 months is removed treya and gk, he got to keep all of hes 100+ g12.5 chars, multiple 160+ speed mod sets, every hero/journey char he had prior to ban, and were talking about 1 year old shard. Screenshot of the unbanned cheater back at #1 in arena.
    Some of us in our shard have spent close to 5k$ last year, this feel like a slap to the face by CG.

I totally agree. Those of us who spent actual money are not happy. Is that what cheating gets you? A time-out? That's not what a ban is in my book. This guy getting unbanned - give me a break! Or, point me in the direction of those 3rd party crystal retailers. I'll get my super-boost to mods, gear, toons, ships, and everything else, and then take a 3-month break, and then come on back.
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Reminder, please don't post images of alleged cheaters. That's naming/shaming (as has been mentioned) and not okay. Folks have commented on how to report cheating already, so please go about it in the right means.
  • Just to be clear. The consequence for being caught cheating is a three month vacation and then you return with slap on the wrist to pick up right where you left off?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Would anyone like to confirm the posts going on at "other sites" confirming that all the people who used 3rd party crystal sites are now being allowed to come back into the game ??

Anyone ?
  • OnlyZule wrote: »
    Just to be clear. The consequence for being caught cheating is a three month vacation and then you return with slap on the wrist to pick up right where you left off?

Pretty much, loosing treya and gk at this point doesnt even matter if your left with god mods and over 100+ g12.5 chars. Hes still over year ahead of the rest of us, in terms of mods most likely we will never catch up, all thanks to discounted crystals and this joke penalty for it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Would anyone like to confirm the posts going on at "other sites" confirming that all the people who used 3rd party crystal sites are now being allowed to come back into the game ??

Anyone ?

No one knows the full story or what came up in the investigation.

If you have any information or want to discuss what is going on in any detail please feel free to message CG_LucifersDaddy directly and ask him.
  • cyberhawk
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Please check
    Post edited by cyberhawk on
This discussion has been closed.