Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

  • VoodooKing wrote: »
    What nonsense. If I want to pass my account to my son to play, that's my right.

    This is a common clause in all MMO EULAs, but I don't think family members sharing an account is a major concern. It's probably more about people mass-leveling accounts to 85 and selling them on eBay. Or people accidentally giving another party access to their credit card information and other personal data via account sharing / selling.
  • Buying once computer and letting 40 people use it rather than buying 40 computers, buying 1 game and letting 20 people use it rather than buying 20 games, all of this actually results in foregone revenue for the company, so yes it is against the rules. The best you can hope for is not to get caught, same as with any evasion of legal rules. Nobody is saying do not buy a game as a present to your kid, what we are saying is several people using a single account is against the rules, unless the software is FREEWARE or SHAREWARE. It is up to EA to decide if they view the game as SHAREWARE, it certainly is not FREEWARE since you cannot copy and redistribute and rework its code for free and for your own gain. The law does not have to make sense to you personally to be binding to you as well.
  • When a player gets banned, does that mean that every player behind them in arena moves up 1?

    i think not, i saw one guy who was cheating and stayed regurarly on 1st place, now he is without guild and 8-9 place... so they just block him from entering and thats it... too bad they dont put his CUP or something to be in squad arena, so he would go to 5k+ place... now he stays in 9th place for as long as revan is meta..
  • I just want to say thank you guys for your work on cheaters! I saw in my shard that guy who was 4mil gp but 5 or 6 zeta (clearly a cheater) removed! He was taking unrighteously 1st place in both arena and ships! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
  • We've only just begun is a Carpenters" tune. Are you positioning the Carpenters as the greatest rock band of all time?
  • Boushh wrote: »
    Yesterday I received a 3 day suspension for an unspecified breach of the fair play rules. EA help didn't exactly up to their name in that they couldn't tell me what for. I've never done anything I can think of to remotely warrant it. Anyway, the last 24 hours have been quite pleasant not thinking about game deadlines and it's the first day in 13 months I've not logged in. When my suspension is up, I'll be logging in to say goodbye to my casual guild mates and deleting forever. I'll just eat the cash I bothered putting in at the beginning.

    We wondered what happened to you @EwokViolence. It was probably your in game in as it's now been changed to something else.

    Hmmm. Well then I look forward to them sending me a list of proscribed words i agreed not to use when i paid money in to the product and/or explaining why I was allowed to even select the name in the first place if it wasn't allowed. What is inappropriate in one country isn't necessarily in another. (I don't expect either of those will happen btw).

    I enjoyed the game but I'm not prepared to be treated like a child and "suspended" from taking part because the name I've been using for however many months, and which isn't meant to be and to my mind isn't, was deemed inappropriate. How is a suspension the appropriate way to deal with that rather than, say, a message telling me to change it? Perhaps a cultural difference. Anyways, can't see myself coming back. Best of luck to the guild!

    Gotta say this seems like extreme **** (from their part not yours). Send an email and force a rename if they have a problem. I mean i can't imagine the TOS say that if any part of the known world finds your name offensive you get a 3 day ban. I can see if you go massively overboard and it's clearly patently offensive in your country or most, but still. You don't wait months.

    I'll have to see if some of the more offensive names in my shard still are around after this.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    Average salary $4,000 a month? Where do you live in US, I want to move there! uoq9hkhn8kgo.png

    I did not say 4000$ per month... I am talking about the average salary and you show me the cleaner salary?!?! LOL Even the Teacher salary that you show is 20$ per hour = 3520$ per month (22 working days 8 hours per day) or you guys work less???
    Madlax wrote: »
    Average salary doesnt mean **** as it includes the 5% who gain such tremendous amount of money that any kind of "average" number will be falsified

    That is only partly true. Most people in the capitals or a big cities take around average salary and above. People from the small cities with less job openings usually takes minimum wage. And usually the business don't have any interest to invest in the small cities. There are some exceptions, if the city have a really good location for transport or something else maybe some investors will start they business there.
  • Execute order 66 has been initiated :D
  • ENERGYSS wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    Average salary $4,000 a month? Where do you live in US, I want to move there! uoq9hkhn8kgo.png

    I did not say 4000$ per month... I am talking about the average salary and you show me the cleaner salary?!?! LOL Even the Teacher salary that you show is 20$ per hour = 3520$ per month (22 working days 8 hours per day) or you guys work less???
    Madlax wrote: »
    Average salary doesnt mean **** as it includes the 5% who gain such tremendous amount of money that any kind of "average" number will be falsified

    That is only partly true. Most people in the capitals or a big cities take around average salary and above. People from the small cities with less job openings usually takes minimum wage. And usually the business don't have any interest to invest in the small cities. There are some exceptions, if the city have a really good location for transport or something else maybe some investors will start they business there.

    Most people have never travel the world let alone their own countries and don’t get world economics. You also must adjust for inflation and cost of living and other factors to determine disposable income. Most of us who work do not have disposable income. We live paycheck to paycheck and use credit to make up the difference.

    I understand what you are saying. CG offers you crystals at a higher rate without adjusting for the mean income in you country based on the US dollar exchange rate instead of what the average person in your country should be able to afford similar to US based customers. What costs us $1.99 is costing you $20 in your currency so there is a price disparity.
  • ENERGYSS wrote: »
    That is only partly true. Most people in the capitals or a big cities take around average salary and above. People from the small cities with less job openings usually takes minimum wage. And usually the business don't have any interest to invest in the small cities. There are some exceptions, if the city have a really good location for transport or something else maybe some investors will start they business there.

    You don't know anything and are talking out of the south side of a northbound mule.

    Most people in large cities make minimum wage, too. They just have a higher minimum wage if they're lucky--if not, then they work two jobs and live in cramped apartments on the outskirts of the city or in a suburb. You think the person wearing a smock making your coffee at Starbucks is making even $2k a month off that job? The person who bags your groceries--or, rather, who used to bag your groceries but now has been replaced by one of those self-checkouts because why pay someone to do a job when you can force the customer to do it themselves for free? The janitors and sanitation workers and waiters and literally hundreds of other jobs out there that your post seems to so-casually dismiss, but without them your life would be unlivable?

    I get $16 an hour working in a warehouse in San Jose where I get to spend 50% of my income on rent alone. There's a helluva lot more of us than there are of you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boov
    594 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    ENERGYSS wrote: »
    That is only partly true. Most people in the capitals or a big cities take around average salary and above. People from the small cities with less job openings usually takes minimum wage. And usually the business don't have any interest to invest in the small cities. There are some exceptions, if the city have a really good location for transport or something else maybe some investors will start they business there.

    You don't know anything and are talking out of the south side of a northbound mule.

    Most people in large cities make minimum wage, too. They just have a higher minimum wage if they're lucky--if not, then they work two jobs and live in cramped apartments on the outskirts of the city or in a suburb. You think the person wearing a smock making your coffee at Starbucks is making even $2k a month off that job? The person who bags your groceries--or, rather, who used to bag your groceries but now has been replaced by one of those self-checkouts because why pay someone to do a job when you can force the customer to do it themselves for free? The janitors and sanitation workers and waiters and literally hundreds of other jobs out there that your post seems to so-casually dismiss, but without them your life would be unlivable?

    I get $16 an hour working in a warehouse in San Jose where I get to spend 50% of my income on rent alone. There's a helluva lot more of us than there are of you.

    his point remains the same though. While i have no clue whether or not the majority of people living in big cities in the USA earn above average compared to the nation's average, i'm reasonably sure that a starbucks employee in New York earns more per hour than someone doing the exact same job at starbucks in Sofia (Bulgaria).
    Cost of living is obviously less high in Bulgaria than it is in the USA, but that does make crystals relatively more expensive in Bulgaria.
    So basically if you want to buy crystals, living in an area with a high cost of living (usually that also comes with higher wages) makes them relatively cheaper. That much is even true for players within the USA which apparantly has different mimimum wages and assuming it's to adjust for cost of living. I just googled that real quick, so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
    You can argue about the details, average wage not being the same as what the average person earns or that people in bigger cities don't make more money than people in smaller cities, but that's not really the point. Even if he was incorrect on both, the point is still valid. Or i missed the point he was making entirely myself.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    I’m surprised that people from some of these mega guilds (no need to state their names, we all know who they are) didn’t get banned. They buy every toon release, and unless their names end in Rockerfeller or Chase, I wonder where all the money comes from.....

    I don't get it either. There was a dude in a different thread last week saying he spends $500 a month on this game. I said, "I'd rather pay bills and go on a nice vacation with that 6k a year What do you do for a living?". His response was "I did that too." But never said what he did for a living. After he proceeded to brag about spending money on a VERY expensive camera. So who knows.

    Holy smokes, none of this makes him a bad guy. He just has a good job. Good for him being able to afford stuff he likes.
  • @CG_LucifersDaddy how are you going with that message backlog? I sent you a message on the 20th. I know you must be busy, but, I’m very eagerly awaiting a response.. thanks
  • Kyno
    17443 posts Moderator
    CG_LucifersDaddy how are you going with that message backlog? I sent you a message on the 20th. I know you must be busy, but, I’m very eagerly awaiting a response.. thanks

    @KiwiMajster he very rarely responds unless he needs more information. He gets kinda busy, being 2 vs 10M.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    CG_LucifersDaddy how are you going with that message backlog? I sent you a message on the 20th. I know you must be busy, but, I’m very eagerly awaiting a response.. thanks

    @KiwiMajster he very rarely responds unless he needs more information. He gets kinda busy, being 2 vs 10M.

    Perfectly understandable 😁 However I have been told that no one is able to help me except @CG_LucifersDaddy ... so I think I need him to reply... 🤣
  • It's also Thanksgiving Weekend, so odds are he's been off since Wednesday afternoon. Oof, that backlog is gonna be loooooooooong...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boov wrote: »
    While i have no clue whether or not the majority of people living in big cities in the USA earn above average compared to the nation's average, i'm reasonably sure that a starbucks employee in New York earns more per hour than someone doing the exact same job at starbucks in Sofia (Bulgaria).

    So you've got no idea, but you've got a strong opinion. Got it. Sure you're not American after all?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    ENERGYSS wrote: »
    That is only partly true. Most people in the capitals or a big cities take around average salary and above. People from the small cities with less job openings usually takes minimum wage. And usually the business don't have any interest to invest in the small cities. There are some exceptions, if the city have a really good location for transport or something else maybe some investors will start they business there.

    You don't know anything and are talking out of the south side of a northbound mule.

    Most people in large cities make minimum wage, too. They just have a higher minimum wage if they're lucky--if not, then they work two jobs and live in cramped apartments on the outskirts of the city or in a suburb. You think the person wearing a smock making your coffee at Starbucks is making even $2k a month off that job? The person who bags your groceries--or, rather, who used to bag your groceries but now has been replaced by one of those self-checkouts because why pay someone to do a job when you can force the customer to do it themselves for free? The janitors and sanitation workers and waiters and literally hundreds of other jobs out there that your post seems to so-casually dismiss, but without them your life would be unlivable?

    I get $16 an hour working in a warehouse in San Jose where I get to spend 50% of my income on rent alone. There's a helluva lot more of us than there are of you.

    I think you don't understand anything about my posts above... I was talking about how the crystals prices are the same (just converted in different currencies) all over the world, but in the same time different countries have different life standards and different salary. How do you think a guy working 40 hours per week for 447 Euro per month with cost of 150-200 Euro per month for rent will be able to afford a 113 Euro crystal pack?!?! Hell for my country standard this Vault of Crystals cost almost 1 monthly rent in the Capital... If you are too lazy to find my previous posts and read them you will understand my point, but if you don't want then check @USAFmedic129 post. At least he understand... Also i want you to understand that there is no such thing as "minimum wage" and "higher minimum wage" like you said... The minimum wage is only 1 in the country set by the Government. After that only your boss can decide how much he will pay you, but he can not pay you under this minimum wage, because it is simple illegal...

    And one final thing:
    To write to someone in a forum that "You don't know anything and are talking out of the south side of a northbound mule." is just hilarious.
    Actually you don't know absolutely nothing about me and my live to make claims like that...
  • Boov
    594 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    While i have no clue whether or not the majority of people living in big cities in the USA earn above average compared to the nation's average, i'm reasonably sure that a starbucks employee in New York earns more per hour than someone doing the exact same job at starbucks in Sofia (Bulgaria).

    So you've got no idea, but you've got a strong opinion. Got it. Sure you're not American after all?

    I merely tried to explain that whether or not people who live in a bigger cities have a higher wage is irrelevant to the point he was trying to make. Even if it's the exact opposite, his point remains the same. Not sure how that's a strong opinion. So what are you even talking about?
  • @CG_LucifersDaddy where we at in the extinction plan??
  • Phase 1 of this purge is complete... however a quick look at the old spreadsheet deluxe shows that we've got 4 more phases to go... This is my goal to hit before the end of next week.

    So stay tuned to your regular disgruntled channels... I imagine they'll be crafting some exquisite tales of borrowed devices, trusted little brothers, and the old "I thought it was a gift from CG" routine.

    LD

    Has the other phases been implemented yet? I still see (reported) exploiters in my squad and fleet arenas.

  • NakedCommando
    11 posts Member
    edited November 27
    @CG_LucifersDaddy how about preventing the larger guilds from swapping in and out of guilds to harvest raids faster. Using the kick method as a way to bypass the 24 the cool down.
  • As someone that was part of a large guild, swapping in and out of raids was closed down a while ago. There is a cap on how many of each raid you can do per cycle. Once you reach the limit you have a cool down timer that means any damage you do doesn't count and you get no rewards. This was over 1 year ago so they might have rolled back this process
  • what happened to @CG_LucifersDaddy ?
  • Stoopid_one, you can bypass the 24hr timer if you are kicked. If you leave the guild you have 24hrs before rewards
  • EA_Cian
    806 posts EA Moderator
    I've removed a recent string of posts that were derailing the conversation, carry on. :smile:
  • Still seeing cheat in starter guild. Good job on getting rid of them
  • How do I private message @CG_LucifersDaddy
  • Echayer
    5 posts Member
    edited November 30
    How can I report a cheater? Xxxxx has nightsisters that can attack even when dead (after being killed the second Time), that is if they don’t respawn at full health automatically right after being killed.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Trias
    62 posts Member
    edited November 30
    Echayer wrote: »
    How can I report a cheater? Xxxxx has nightsisters that can attack even when dead (after being killed the second Time), that is if they don’t respawn at full health automatically right after being killed.

    Have you read Mother Talzin's leadership zeta?
    Post edited by Kyno on
Sign In or Register to comment.