Visas Marr: Why no Old Republic love?

Sad, so sad. Very, very sad. It would be huge! Really big! VERY BIG! Millions and millions would be happy!
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The last we heard the devs said it's not a no. It's just not in the plans as they were.
  • She needs the jedi tag at least.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    She needs the jedi tag at least.

No, because she wasn’t an official Jedi. She was, however, Old Republic. It’s a silly thing by the devs. It would be like not giving Leia a Rebel tag.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • She's not a jedi.

She's not part if the old republic *just like how Nihilus isnt*

She's not a sith *while she did serve Nihilus I'm 90% sure that's all it is. I dont think she was trained by it.*

She is a follower, and that's really it.

Maybe if they expand on her story post Malachor V destruction she will get a tag but as of now she's stuck awkwardly in the middle.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    She's not a jedi.

She's not part if the old republic *just like how Nihilus isnt*

She's not a sith *while she did serve Nihilus I'm 90% sure that's all it is. I dont think she was trained by it.*

She is a follower, and that's really it.

Maybe if they expand on her story post Malachor V destruction she will get a tag but as of now she's stuck awkwardly in the middle.
    She needs the jedi tag at least.

No, because she wasn’t an official Jedi. She was, however, Old Republic. It’s a silly thing by the devs. It would be like not giving Leia a Rebel tag.

"Marr's return to the light side following her defeat at the hands of Meetra Surik allowed her to continue training as a Jedi Sentinel. Because of her training as a Jedi Sentinel, she was later given a yellow-bladed lightsaber by Surik, which served to extend her knowledge of lightsaber combat."

"Shortly before her death at the hands of Surik, Darth Traya prophesied of Marr's return to Katarr and her pivotal role in rebuilding the Jedi Order."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Visas_Marr
  • I actually played the game. Visas returns home and looks at her world and thats it.

Nothing about rebuilding the jedi order. If that was the case shed have influence in SWTOR, but she didnt.

Anyone can quote a wiki but source material stands higher.
  • The Triumvirate and Visas Marr all need Old Republic tags in my opinion and so does HK-47
  • OR tag is an “era” based tag, not a “faction” based tag, as proven by Fallen Bastilla and Canderous Ordo holding the tag, and not being affiliated with the nationality of the Old Republic like Carth Onasi would be considered to be. Same as Mission or Zaalbar, since they were really just scoundrels - btw, still waiting on the vets to get Resistance tags...
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • How many chewies don't have rebel tags?
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    OR tag is an “era” based tag, not a “faction” based tag, as proven by Fallen Bastilla and Canderous Ordo holding the tag, and not being affiliated with the nationality of the Old Republic like Carth Onasi would be considered to be. Same as Mission or Zaalbar, since they were really just scoundrels - btw, still waiting on the vets to get Resistance tags...

Either thats not true or its sometimes true because of

Sion
    Nihilus
    Traya
    HK-47

DS Bastilla was still a part of the old republic while she was DS. Canderous, Mission and Zaalbar have the tag because they helped save the Old Republic.

Or im wrong and youre right and the KOTOR 2 toons will get their own tags, and new versions for the KOTOR 2 era. It will be weird since they are still in the Old republic era. Still wont explain HK-47, who was in both games and eras. But i guess we will see
    I actually played the game. Visas returns home and looks at her world and thats it.

Nothing about rebuilding the jedi order. If that was the case shed have influence in SWTOR, but she didnt.

Dude, you obviously didn't play the same game that I did since the most basic arguement I can use is that her class was a jedi sentinel. Should hermit Yoda be a jedi since abandoned the order and went into hiding on dagobah? She went to her homeworld after she was done with her work, rebuilding the jedi order.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »
    I actually played the game. Visas returns home and looks at her world and thats it.

Dude, you obviously didn't play the same game that I did since the most basic arguement I can use is that her class was a jedi sentinel. Should hermit Yoda be a jedi since abandoned the order and went into hiding on dagobah? She went to her homeworld after she was done with her work, rebuilding the jedi order.

Go replay it then because you've got not just selective memory but you're also plain making stuff up.

More than likely the information you have is from a mod used for the game.

Per KOTOR 2 itself, she does nothing for the jedi order, she returns home to look at it. Yes Hyoda a jedi, because he not only trained luke but also protected the last information on the order.

I guess IF you trained her to be a jedi sentenal in the game than she is one, but i dont think its "cannon" for you to have trained any of your companions to be force users. Not entirely sure about that though.

Visas will get a tag with the rest of the KOTOR 2 toons, and it wont be Old Republic. Don't @ me.
  • Simple: if visas and or hk had old republic tag, ppl spent less money to get Revan
  • Tarah wrote: »
    Simple: if visas and or hk had old republic tag, ppl spent less money to get Revan

You can’t use HK or Visas to unlock Revan even if they get the OR tag.
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Kreia was a jedi consul in game... while she clearly was a Sith Lady.

Edit: gender issues

Go replay it then because you've got not just selective memory but you're also plain making stuff up.

Per KOTOR 2 itself, she does nothing for the jedi order, she returns home to look at it. Yes Hyoda a jedi, because he not only trained luke but also protected the last information on the order.

I guess IF you trained her to be a jedi sentenal in the game than she is one, but i dont think its "cannon" for you to have trained any of your companions to be force users. Not entirely sure about that though.

Visas will get a tag with the rest of the KOTOR 2 toons, and it wont be Old Republic. Don't @ me.

The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide states that before she went to Katarr she helped rebuild the Jedi Order.

"After the Dark Wars, Visas is pivotal in restoring the Jedi Order"

Also Darth Traya mentions in her prophecy that Surik's followers would rebuild the jedi order.

https://youtu.be/lzaQh8geL1Q?t=146
  • WinterRose
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yeah... I don't buy it. Fallen Bastila (1) should not be Old Republic if Visas isn't. She most assuredly was not serving the Old Republic in her fallen state. Wheras Visas was very certainly working toward preserving the old republic in the company of The Exile. (2) And if Fallen Bastila gets to have the Sith Tag for her brief flirtation with the dark side of the force, then a redeemed Visas should certainly get the Jedi tag for coming back into the light and staying there as a Sentinel. Fallen Bastila's tags make Visas' inaccurate tags pretty much inexcusable. The very same way that HK-47 not having the Old Republic tag is made inexcusable by Canderous Ordo having the Old Republic tag.

I want my **** Bastila, Jolee, Juhani, VISAS, and Revan team. Her not having the Jedi or Old Republic tag makes her kind of incompatible with the rest and a weak link as she gets none of the benefits the others grant to Jedi or Old Republic characters. If we're to get Juhani, and the possibility of having a proper old republic JEDI team exists, then i feel like I'm wasting resources levelling T3, Mission and Big Z when I could be levelling Visas right now.

I suppose I'll just have to wait on Brianna the Handmaiden, Bao Dur, that green-haired merc chick, or the anti-Traya, Master Meetra Surik, The Exile.
    Rookery DeCarabas, from....
    Star Wars Galaxies, Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Star Wars D20 (WotC) and Star Wars RPG (FFG) ...and many others.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »

The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide states that before she went to Katarr she helped rebuild the Jedi Order.

"After the Dark Wars, Visas is pivotal in restoring the Jedi Order"

Also Darth Traya mentions in her prophecy that Surik's followers would rebuild the jedi order.

https://youtu.be/lzaQh8geL1Q?t=146

No she doesnt...did you watch the video? I dont think so. @3:50 is Visas' part.

Again all youre pulling is fan stuff and the actual material youre quoting doesn't say what you think.
  • I agree that they should have it. Just because you're "old Republic" doesn't mean you're a Jedi. It's old Republic. Just like when Traya actually helped the exile. Visas helped just as much as anyone did. They aren't going to get the tag but imho they should. If you old rep then you old rep. Now if they would only release Ajunta Pall as a ghost....