If we have Bastilax2 is there any chance we will get Satele?

Bastila is one my favourite characters (and my Arena Lead)
I’ll get Revan next time.....We now have TWO of her :)
What are the odds of Satele Shan? Or is she copyrighted/owned by different license holder?

Replies

• Options
    Bastila is one my favourite characters (and my Arena Lead)
    I’ll get Revan next time.....We now have TWO of her :)
    What are the odds of Satele Shan? Or is she copyrighted/owned by different license holder?

While satele is owned by bioware, bioware is owned by EA so its possible we could see her. For example, as part of release if revan in SWGOH, SWTOR gave away the revan expansion for free. Also the artwork for sith assassin and sith marauder is close to artwork in SWTOR. So i think its possible maybe next year or year after that
  • Options
    Love to get the whole Shan family in here, especially Satele. Maybe even Theron.
  • Options
    Where’s shatele from? Don’t remember her in kotor?
  • Options
    Where’s shatele from? Don’t remember her in kotor?

She is from the MMO The Old Republic which takes place about 300 years after KOTOR 2. She is a descendant of Bastila Shan and Revan.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Is that The Old Republic MMO even good?
    I would rather they just stick with kotor characters and leave it...
    The sith trooper/assasin should have been those from kotor too if you ask me

They seem so out of place compared to the others...
  • Options
    Having never played the TOR and its expansions I couldn't speak to gameplay. The plots in the game from what I have read are quite intriguing.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    If she was Sith then maybe but as one of the greatest Jedi Grand Masters of all time, no way.
  • Freydwen
    71 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Is that The Old Republic MMO even good?
    I would rather they just stick with kotor characters and leave it...
    The sith trooper/assasin should have been those from kotor too if you ask me

They seem so out of place compared to the others...

The MMO was a terrible WoW clone that was rushed, riddled with bugs, and took forever to get any kind of updates. I quit long before it changed from subscription to some kind of freemium model. I doubt it’s improved.

I hate the idea of content coming from there due to how bad the game was and the fact that it didn’t really make any sense cannon-wise (before our Disney overlords).
  • Options
    The MMO SWTOR had lots of potential, furthermore after the mess with SW: Galaxies and the silly management that lead to its ending.
    I played a month for free, but when I learned that I had to subscribe to be able to RUN in game (and you have to run everywhere), it was game over for me.I enjoyed the free month though, it was fun.

But what is really the LEGACY from this game to all SW fans are the awesome cinematics:

https://youtu.be/nfjWANrhl5g

If JJ and Rian had watched those, we would have gotten better SW episodes.
  • Options
    I would love to get TOR characters! We could get the whole Valkorian family, and I sure wouldn't mind getting Satele and Darth Malgus
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Having never played the TOR and its expansions I couldn't speak to gameplay. The plots in the game from what I have read are quite intriguing.
    I used to love the game. I was at the New York City launch WITH the Bioware founders. But a while back they made it way too braindead easy. The stories are pretty cool, I like the characters-one of them might as well be Mission's descendant cause she's a Twilek AND has Mission's VA.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Satele is a NPC and leader of the Jedi council. Like Bastila, she has a strong connection to the Force. She has a similar battle meditation like Bastila, but is not as powerful. Her son, completely cuts himself off from the force and denies he has power.

I would love to see her in game, and Lana Beniko and Shae Vizla.
  • Options
    I would personally love to have an entire new faction added: Sith Empire. You could put all the old republic Sith in the game currently unde that tag and bring out the Sith emperor as their immortal leader. Earth malfunction could also be added. I personally find the game to be really fun(grant it I’ve never played Kotor and I assume that kotor is way better) f2p is enjoying more freedoms currently then when the game launched(obviously they are even getting expansions for free). I personally am a preferred player(previously subscribed but no longer subscribed) I subscribed for 1 month only and that allowed me access to all the expansions and gives me more privileges over f2p players. The game does have a lot of bugs though however and those can get really annoying. The story content though is the best part about the game though. There are story arcs for almost everything(and almost all of them are really fun).
  • Options
    Tor has so much potential for galaxy of heroes. In the very near future we will be completely tapped on addable Sith units if we stick with "canon" and kotor. Malek, D Revan, and Banden (perhaps Bane, Plagious and his bith apprentice, and there might be some small frys in kotor2, but its been a while). Sure you could add more fluff, sith medic, sith acolyte, sith sycophant. Supposedly (havent read it myself) there are some sith lords in marvels more recent comics, but I have yet to encounter them. I suppose you could argue that the inquitorius are sith, but frequently anyone talking about them from Palpatine to the inquisitors themselves will readily say they are NOT sith. But i dont see how having a "full/finished" faction is good for the game. Maybe with subfactions like phoenix and r1, but not for the primaries. So at some point they are going to need to stretch into other stories. I personally would LOVE to get Darth Talon, but I dunno if anyone at CG has read Legacy? And thats kinda extreme EU, reaching that far will require Mara Jade and Kyle Kattarn (id love that, believe me, but I just dont forsee them tapping into Legends like that).

So add Satele, Theron, Lana, Hk55, The Valkorians, Malgus, Darth Marr, Koth, Senya. Please! i mean right there you have Jedis, Siths, a Droid and can open up two new factions "Sith Empire" to counter the Old Republic tag to represent factions vs eras. Then you could do the Zakulian Empire and even the Eternal Alliance if you wanted to ensure Theron, Lana, HK, Senya, and Koth had synergy.

Ontop of that the different classes original companions lend themselves to interesting additions to their respective factions and would be interesting to design together and benefit each other.

Example: Jedi Consular
    Qyzen Fess (old republic, maybe scoundrel) tank thats immune to dots.
    Theran Cedrax (old republic, scoundrel) support healer that adds hots to your team.
    Zenith (old republic) attacker that calls assists and leaves dots on opponents.
    Felix Iresso (old republic) support that buffs allies with attack up and speed up
    Nadia Grell (old republic, jedi) attacker with a lead similar to bastilla but instead of running on the jedi tag it synergies with OR toons.

Then alongside that theres several key players in each story that could be tapped like Syo Bakarn (jedi, or) and antagonists that run full arcs like Darth Baras(sith, sith empire)

Also, im not interested in hearing "well i dont know who these guys are, so this is a stupid idea". Google is your friend. "I dont pay attention to college sports, so drafting them to the nba, nfl, or the olympics is a stupid idea"

Tldr.
    Yes add Satele, it seems like an inevitability that we will need to tap into more than just disney canon. Tor makes more sense than going for comics from the darkhorse era.
  • Options
    Freydwen wrote: »

The MMO was a terrible WoW clone that was rushed, riddled with bugs, and took forever to get any kind of updates. I quit long before it changed from subscription to some kind of freemium model. I doubt it’s improved.

I hate the idea of content coming from there due to how bad the game was and the fact that it didn’t really make any sense cannon-wise (before our Disney overlords).

That's just incorrect. The game wasn't rushed at all....it actually took too long in development, as some things were outdated by the time it launched. The game came out over 3 years after it was first announced...not sure how anyone could call that "rushed". Every video game has bugs on launch...they've done a fairly decent job of squashing bugs over the years. The game has had and continues to have plenty of content updates. Just like any other game, some people would play through 30-40 hours of updated content in 1-2 days straight and then complain "there's nothing to do", lol. They've had their share of missteps but the game is still going 7 years later....a lot of the people who quit the game early on were Galaxies players who still to this day haven't gotten over the fact that game was shut down....if you were on the SWTOR fleet with your chat open, you'd seem them complaining every day about Galaxies being gone...a lot of these people wanted SWTOR to be Galaxies 2.0 and quit because it wasn't.

Have no idea what you're talking about with canon. It was a sequel to KOTOR 1 and 2, which are high up on the list of games for most SW fans....it did a good job of telling the aftermath of those events 300 years later and thousands of years before Phantom Menace. There's nothing about SWTOR that conflicted with anything else and a number of books and comics were written to flesh out the stories further.

• Options

That's just incorrect. The game wasn't rushed at all....it actually took too long in development, as some things were outdated by the time it launched. The game came out over 3 years after it was first announced...not sure how anyone could call that "rushed". Every video game has bugs on launch...they've done a fairly decent job of squashing bugs over the years. The game has had and continues to have plenty of content updates. Just like any other game, some people would play through 30-40 hours of updated content in 1-2 days straight and then complain "there's nothing to do", lol. They've had their share of missteps but the game is still going 7 years later....a lot of the people who quit the game early on were Galaxies players who still to this day haven't gotten over the fact that game was shut down....if you were on the SWTOR fleet with your chat open, you'd seem them complaining every day about Galaxies being gone...a lot of these people wanted SWTOR to be Galaxies 2.0 and quit because it wasn't.

Have no idea what you're talking about with canon. It was a sequel to KOTOR 1 and 2, which are high up on the list of games for most SW fans....it did a good job of telling the aftermath of those events 300 years later and thousands of years before Phantom Menace. There's nothing about SWTOR that conflicted with anything else and a number of books and comics were written to flesh out the stories further.

A game can late to be released and still rushed quality-wise. The game played like a rush job. On release there was a 1.5 second delay when you used an ability that they took forever to fix. This made it borderline unplayable at times especially in pvp. That was just the tip of the iceberg, like losing out on raid rewards because I glitched through the floor lol.

Then yes, there was nothing to do at max level except stand around fleet and wait to play Hutt ball. I’m not sure why the sneering about people actually wanting to spend time in an MMO. That was the appeal about MMOs back in the day, you know? Open worlds with endless things to do. Time spent usually resulted in advancing your character in some form. If you wanted to casual game, you’d pick up a console. My high population server on TOR was dead and had to be merged by the time Diablo 3 came out because the game offered literally nothing.

Clearly your experience was different but I don’t think they switched payment models because they were wildly successful.

As for cannon, from what I remember, they heavily tailored the ancient sith empire after the OT Galactic Empire. Same logo, tie inspired ships, stiff British people everywhere. But we all know that the Republic became the Empire so that made no sense to me. We got to see early empire ships in the prequel trilogy so the timing seemed way off considering this was supposed to be 3000 years prior. There were some other things I can’t remember. Anyways, I’m not a canon expert so maybe you can clear this up?
  • Options

A game can late to be released and still rushed quality-wise. The game played like a rush job. On release there was a 1.5 second delay when you used an ability that they took forever to fix. This made it borderline unplayable at times especially in pvp. That was just the tip of the iceberg, like losing out on raid rewards because I glitched through the floor lol.

Then yes, there was nothing to do at max level except stand around fleet and wait to play Hutt ball. I’m not sure why the sneering about people actually wanting to spend time in an MMO. That was the appeal about MMOs back in the day, you know? Open worlds with endless things to do. Time spent usually resulted in advancing your character in some form. If you wanted to casual game, you’d pick up a console. My high population server on TOR was dead and had to be merged by the time Diablo 3 came out because the game offered literally nothing.

Clearly your experience was different but I don’t think they switched payment models because they were wildly successful.

As for cannon, from what I remember, they heavily tailored the ancient sith empire after the OT Galactic Empire. Same logo, tie inspired ships, stiff British people everywhere. But we all know that the Republic became the Empire so that made no sense to me. We got to see early empire ships in the prequel trilogy so the timing seemed way off considering this was supposed to be 3000 years prior. There were some other things I can’t remember. Anyways, I’m not a canon expert so maybe you can clear this up?

The game was actually fun and some aspects still are. I played every character, both Sith and Republic for the storylines. It was amazing how each story arc took you in different directions and opened the maps of the different worlds so you never really saw the same place twice. Sith Operative was the best story. I loved my Republic Commando. HK and Blizzard were my favorite NPCs. There was plenty to do even when the content went dry.

Set backs were server was horrible for world PvP and the darn scout walker world boss slowed the server down horribly.
  • Options
    Well Satele is in canon limbo, so idk. Revan is as well. Like the Mandalorian Wars are canon, but Revan isn't, but he was a general in the Mandalorian Wars... And if you look on the canon half of the Taris page on Wookieepedia, it says the planet was "destroyed by unknown means thousands of years ago" when it was destroyed Malak in the Jedi Civil War, so that's not canon... So idk about Satele. Maybe if The Old Republic is announced as canon, then yea.
  • Options

I played it since the start, for 2 years...I have no idea of the 1.5 delay u'r talking about! The real problem was the PVP world, and that's it. But along came players like you, who hated grinding, and waiting... who think a MMO is doing new things everyday...so, they butchered it.

I remember how happy i was that it took me months to go to lvl 55...I restarted playing a month back, and in 5 days i reached lvl 62... Because guys like you got bored!
  • Options

I played it since the start, for 2 years...I have no idea of the 1.5 delay u'r talking about! The real problem was the PVP world, and that's it. But along came players like you, who hated grinding, and waiting... who think a MMO is doing new things everyday...so, they butchered it.

I remember how happy i was that it took me months to go to lvl 55...I restarted playing a month back, and in 5 days i reached lvl 62... Because guys like you got bored!

Hated grinding? Is this a joke? I’m an OG MMO player, grinding is life. There was nothing to grind in that game! I had the best tier pvp gear right away and with raid lock outs there was no way to advance for pve in between.

If you think playing MMOs is about waiting then you’re playing the wrong ones.
  • Options
    Im okay with Satele. I loved her character. But I dislike that poor Visas Marr is still left out in the cold. She needs TOR and Jedi tags added already first before we get the non KOTOR stuff added IMO.

~D
  • Kao_Cen_Darach
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I’d love to see her in this game with Malgus and Kao Cen Darach one day for sure. As much as I want that I’d rather focus on Revan and Malak and then get separatist and Jedi reworks first tho