Just hit 60 - need advice on Ships

Hello again,

soooo I hit 60 today, and havent put much thought or research into the Ship management thus far...and since this topic most likely has been talked and asked already, maybe someone can give me links (or even a reply or two) to vids/threads on what to do and what to focus as very first steps ...before I totally screw/waste anything ... here my profile https://swgoh.gg/p/389115328/ships/

Replies

• Ok I found a very nice article for beginner, I guess its still up to date?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1as0OER6Pc14RdoyVpOd0trSlUcMMhZpRTv1RbM9sqKo/edit
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Pretty much up to date, yes. However, to promote some of the light side capital ships you will need to farm light side ships as well. Ghost, Phantom and other rebel ships have multiple uses. They are required to unlock Chimaera, Ghost and Phantom can be used in contraband cargo event, and they also both have their uses in arena.
  • If you're just getting started, it's probably best to take a look at your character roster ,and see what crew members you may have built up a little bit already. Then, farm and build the ships for those crew members.
  • As has been mentioned, it's not about your ship shards, it's about your pilots.

Your top characters are Phoenix, which is good. So unlock Phantom and Ghost asap. Tarkin is a good lead, and if you are going empire next it makes sense to make Executrix your capital ship. Slave I and Tie Advanced will take a while to unlock, but you have their crew so slowly grab them when they show up in the fleet store.

Jedi Consular is a dead end, but use him until you get better. Tie Fighter Pilot is a great empire character and it is easy to get his shards from the GW store.

Best bet early on (60-70) is to run Ghost, Phantom and Tie Fighter. You could also swap your cantina energy usage to Kylo Ren Unmasked. His node gives both his character and ship shards. Getting him to R4 for both gives you a pretty great ship early on.
  • I agree with the above, especially based on your roster. If you can, get the Phoenix ships quickly. I also recommend Slave 1 and Millennium Falcon (Ep. VII) which both have very good reinforcement bonuses, start working on those when you are able to (it might take you a while since you don't have Scav Rey or Finn, but it will be worth it).

Also agree with Minotaur. Tie Silencer (KRU) is probably my favorite ship in the game. Being able to stun other ships is huge, and I haven't seen another ship that has an impact like that AND also does a crap ton damage.

Here's my other thought on First Order, and you may not care about it: I have no doubts whatsoever that we are going to get a First Order Capital ship by the time Episode IX comes around, (probably a few months before I'm guessing). I've got a feeling that having the FO ships will be very much worth it when that happens, so when you feel up to the challenge, start farming them. See where to find KRU and his ship in the previous post. FO Tie Fighter is above average and has shards in the fleet store pretty often, and Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle is really good, when paired with other FO ships, and can be found with Darth Sion on a Light Side hard node in the last stage, which you'll probably want to farm Darth Sion when you are able (it will take you some time to get there and beat it, but just be patient).

Sorry for the rambling. That's all.
  • U haven’t put much effort into developing many characters needed besides ur Phoenix ur going to be behind need to look at videos about ships develop those characters and go from there need stong captains for strong ships
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    U haven’t put much effort into developing many characters needed besides ur Phoenix ur going to be behind need to look at videos about ships develop those characters and go from there need stong captains for strong ships

well mainly because Im still relativly new to the game, and dont wanna miss out on Palpatine next week, hence the focus on PS.

but Im getting a more clear picture now, thx to you guys.
    another question tho: whats more important, ship lvl or pilots lvl? or both equally? and I assume a well geared pilot with all his mods on helps for additional ship dmg?
  • Farm KRU. His node is the only one you can get a ship and pilot at the same time for the bargain price of 10 cantina energy. And he’s a solid toon. I wish I’d done that earlier!

• but Im getting a more clear picture now, thx to you guys.
    another question tho: whats more important, ship lvl or pilots lvl? or both equally? and I assume a well geared pilot with all his mods on helps for additional ship dmg?

Ship level will determine if you can upgrade the attacking options on the ship

Pilot also plays a part, specifically the gear level of the pilot. So if you want to upgrade a ships attack it may say “pilot must be gear IX” etc

And yes the pilot adds more damage etc than the ship

Mods wise they just need to be high dot and high level. So get 5 dot mods at level 15 on your pilots ASAP
  • Denzello
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    SJ76 wrote: »
    Mods wise they just need to be high dot and high level. So get 5 dot mods at level 15 on your pilots ASAP

ASAP is the funny keyword here lol....if there was only a gamemode to constantly grind...but login once a day for an hour to finish all the tasks...it will take months

• Denzello wrote: »
    2smooth wrote: »
    U haven’t put much effort into developing many characters needed besides ur Phoenix ur going to be behind need to look at videos about ships develop those characters and go from there need stong captains for strong ships

well mainly because Im still relativly new to the game, and dont wanna miss out on Palpatine next week, hence the focus on PS.

but Im getting a more clear picture now, thx to you guys.

Unlocking Palp will be great for you, I hope your Kanan is able to get to at least r6.

For pilots what is most important in order is: Star Level, High Ability levels, 5 dot level 15 mods and gear level. Levels play a factor, but be careful with your credits. A level 50 2 star ship with a r7 gear 8 full level 15 mods pilot will be far far higher power level than a level 70 7 star ship with a **** pilot.
    The pilot is what matters most.
  • Nofaultius
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    :smiley: I now have Denzel and 2smooth as my allies. - Nofault

I can tell you with ships, all the power comes from the crew. Putting resources into a ship where you haven't developed the crew member won't yield immediate results. The single best advice I can give you is: find your shard mates, start a discord server, and dominate the top of your shard with coordinated attacks and shared payouts. For best results, you do not need the best fleet, you need to be a part of a cooperative ship shard.

EDIT- Wow, after actually looking at what you have, the only meta ships you have right now are Executrix and ITF. ITF is worth the investment, it is an end game ship. You really need Biggs and Vader to go with ITF to be great.
  • Focus on Dark side ships. Or you will find that farming Zetas is a really really slow process. KRU and Slave1 ITF Geo soldier are easy to farm. Ok Slave1 is not that easy but it's worth it. You will need KRU for FO team at some point Bobba for BH team, TFP for Empire team. Geo soldier is useless as a toon but his ship is good. And those ships are good in Fleet arena too so what else do you need :) Chimaera ? I want that too but it will take some time :)
  • Nofaultius wrote: »
    The single best advice I can give you is: find your shard mates, start a discord server, and dominate the top of your shard with coordinated attacks and shared payouts. For best results, you do not need the best fleet, you need to be a part of a cooperative ship shard.

does it actually make sense to join/start a shard fleet if you arent within the top 20-30? given the fleet I got right now, it doesnt look like I will enter top 50 even anytime soon...but yeah if anyone who joined on Nov 15 reads this, my discord is Denzel#8098
  • SJ76 wrote: »
    Farm KRU. His node is the only one you can get a ship and pilot at the same time for the bargain price of 10 cantina energy. And he’s a solid toon. I wish I’d done that earlier!

This, plus Clone Sergeant. He's a fast farm thanks to bronzium cards and an early DS node for 12 credits, and his ship is on the first hard Fleet Battle node. Durable tank with decent damage. Gains taunt when used as a reinforcement, which is a great way to save weaker ships that have already taken heavy fire.
  • SJ76 wrote: »
    Farm KRU. His node is the only one you can get a ship and pilot at the same time for the bargain price of 10 cantina energy. And he’s a solid toon. I wish I’d done that earlier!

This, plus Clone Sergeant. He's a fast farm thanks to bronzium cards and an early DS node for 12 credits, and his ship is on the first hard Fleet Battle node. Durable tank with decent damage. Gains taunt when used as a reinforcement, which is a great way to save weaker ships that have already taken heavy fire.
    A tank that cannot taunt is dead weight. A tank that can only taunt once isn't much better.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    A tank that cannot taunt is dead weight. A tank that can only taunt once isn't much better.

Clone sarge has an auto taunt when reinforcing - as long as he's got protection he's got taunt. If he loses protection (and therefore taunt), when he regains protection he regains taunt. It's actually very effective with the right fleet.

People love HT, but his taunt isn't that effective in longer battles since he's so slow and it's tied to his special.

Yeah, with G11 Bossk he will regain taunt if when he loses it if there's breach in play, but since most of the time the breach lands on the enemy tank (which then dies), it's hard to regain or keep without using Cad Bane's ship too.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/

Clone sarge has an auto taunt when reinforcing - as long as he's got protection he's got taunt. If he loses protection (and therefore taunt), when he regains protection he regains taunt. It's actually very effective with the right fleet.
    Was not aware that he regained taunt after losing and regaining protection. That is a better but still leaves him having to be a reinforcement and you needing a second tank for your starting lineup. Not ideal.
    Was not aware that he regained taunt after losing and regaining protection. That is a better but still leaves him having to be a reinforcement and you needing a second tank for your starting lineup. Not ideal.

Sure - but if Biggs has bought it, he's a nice backup.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • There may be better tanks, but everyone has CS at 5+ stars and his ship already unlocked by the time they hit 60 even if they never deliberately farmed him. Much like JC, he's handed to players on a silver platter and has very high utility early on. So why not make good use of him?
  • There may be better tanks, but everyone has CS at 5+ stars and his ship already unlocked by the time they hit 60 even if they never deliberately farmed him. Much like JC, he's handed to players on a silver platter and has very high utility early on. So why not make good use of him?
    Because at best he's a second-rate tank and both ship energy and fleet store currency are too precious to squander.
  • ok so, to sum up: (meaning their respective ships)

long term goals (for zeta farms):
    - vader, - boba, - sun fac, - kru, - tie fighter pilot, - tarkin

mid term:
    - phantom, - ghost

short term (for usage right now, given Im limited at lv 63):
    - jedi consular, - kru, - geonosian soldier,- clone sergeant/tie fighter pilot
    next to farm: - biggs, - ?

going to switch to ghost and phantom once I got their shards an farm the others from there on.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    All good suggestions here, but I'd put one forward that has been overlooked: Lando's Falcon.

It's a long farm, yes, but easy to access (hard fleet battle 1-C or 1-D I think), and you get Lando and the ship on the same node. It does require L3 as well for crew purposes, but she is an easy cantina farm and well worth having. I know Lando is generally considered the "worst" of the Solo characters, but he isn't bad by any stretch. Both smugglers as well, for Smugglers Run shenanigans.

The LandoFalcon, on the other hand, is easily top 3 reinforcement ships - copying all buffs and getting bonus turns is fully bonkers and lets you set up some insane combos. I'd put it at #2 personally, coming in only behind Phantom II for its reinforcement cooldown reduction.

Bonus: the node gives you Mk3 Holo Projectors as well, which are always in demand.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

There may be better tanks, but everyone has CS at 5+ stars and his ship already unlocked by the time they hit 60 even if they never deliberately farmed him. Much like JC, he's handed to players on a silver platter and has very high utility early on. So why not make good use of him?
    Because at best he's a second-rate tank and both ship energy and fleet store currency are too precious to squander.

You're right. Good thing my second account is only level 58. I'll make sure to focus on Biggs early on this time, leave CS' ship at one star, and only use him until I can sub Biggs in.