Give It To Me Straight

Can I beat the Chewie event with Embo lead? He is currently 5*, hoping to have him at 6* or 7* (it'll take a miracle) by the time the next event comes around. I don't have Dengar or Bossk leveled or geared. The rest of my team is Boba gear 11, Cad gear 9, Greedo gear 9, and IG88 gear 10. Obviously I would like to have them all gear 11 or better before the event comes back, and I'm thinking my next two Zetas will be Boba and Embo, respectively.

Will I at least be able to get the 5* or 6* Chewie?

Replies

• Why run Embo lead? Run Boba lead and stack potency.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I thought the damage output from Embo's leader ability would be better, including the counter chance, plus you get a good amount of health steal.
  • Yeah, but you need to survive the initial salvo. Boba+potency is a good substitute for bossk's durability, but I think trying to run Embo lead is going to see a lot of dead BH before health steal has a chance to matter.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Hmm, I guess I'll be able to try it both ways. Thanks for the info.
  • What star level is Bossk? Why not go for 7* if you can?
  • I also highly recommend getting Greedo to g12 and putting the medpac on him. He's still very squishy, and far more important than ig88 so it's important to keep him alive. His buff removal and TM removal come in clutch (Mainly used it on Han to stop him from tearing through the team with Chewie). Plus with some luck he can take out someone with his non-stop basic.
  • I haven't really heard of anyone doing it without Dengar.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I haven't really heard of anyone doing it without Dengar.

Boba lead and truckloads of potency, plus quit out until R2 doesn’t smokescreen. Greedo needs to have lots of bonus turns also. So mix of tactics and helpful rng mean that it’s possible without both Bossk and Dengar.
  • I think Embo lead will work for 6 star chewy if you bring your team to g10 and mod them well. You should definitely be able to get a 5 star chewy with your current gear levels.