Phoenix past mid levels and steps forward.

Phoenix past mid levels and steps forward.

https://swgoh.gg/p/867892437/

I am lvl 79 and at a point where Phoenix are past their peak.
I farmed Phoenix like every other noob, didn’t really want to do it but want Thrawn/Palpatine.

I have been concentrating on fleet and it has been paying off(top 5 most days), plus i like it.

Difference between 21 and 100 is 50 crystals.

I don’t have another team to replace Phoenix, not even close.
I have a few decently geared pilots but otherwise a disjoined 7* toons.
Waiting for Thrawn so I can build empire around him.

Given my situation I want to do something different actually make Phoenix competitive and for once be actually unique. Plus Phoenix are core of my fleet which brings crystals.

So,
I feel offensive output is lacking esp with 5 min limit.

Sabine - I think she can be a game changer but long farm, no immediate benefit.
Erza - G10, jedi, and can probably fit in many places. I don’t see the benefits of spending omegas on his basic or watch and learn for now.
Hera - G9.5, a must have obviously but looks like pretty useless outside of Phoenix. She can actually do some dmg with her basic but I still feel its a waste of omegas.
Chopper - G9, droid so can possibly be useful elsewhere. I wish I could replace him with Sabine so I don’t really want to invest in him. Plan to leave as is. He doesn’t fit my play style.
Zeb - G8 and such a pain to gear such a Phoenix bottle neck but I really feel this guy can make a difference. I really want to omega his basic, +30% dmg to debuffed enemy isn’t this absolutely game changing. Would this be waste of omegas? He is my cc, turn meter manipulator. Does he have uses outside of Phoenix? I don’t understand why guides say give him crit dmg mods, he doesn’t crit but Kanan does!
Kanan - G8, same ridiculous gearing problem. I want to omega his basic(a guaranted crit pretty much) and his taunt. And give him some crit dmg mods.

From my arena experience lately I have no problems kill Bastila squads of similar power.

I don’t have many omegas.

But I feel Zeb can be an absolute monster.

Replies

• The typical transition is from Phoenix to Empire. I believe Palpatine is scheduled later this month, and Thrawn may be back next month. You already have Tarkin, TIE Fighter Pilot, & Vader, so I would keep farming Tarkin from arena store and Vader from fleet arena store, and work on gearing them as best you can. That way, you’ll be able to have a solid Empire team as soon as you get the remaining legendary characters.
  • Even if you push Phoenix to the limit they can’t hold off the Zeta Emperor Palpatine teams that will soon come your way.
    Saying that if you want them to handle mythic content and TBattle missions then pushing a few of them a little higher isn’t wasted....

I’d suggest Ezra and Kanan - because they are also JEDI and work well with Bastila lead Jedi.
    Plus one is offensive and the other a taunting tank - so your Phoenix team will be much stronger with them maxed.

I also suggest a slow farm on Sabine - as she is useful in other teams....not a priority but steadily farm her.
  • For the future of Phoenix, Ezra will turn into a pretty good damage dealer as he gets to gear 11 and 12, and will be essential as part of a Jedi team. Kanan can be part of the team to unlock Yoda, but he’s not generally great until he gets his zeta ability, and he works best with Phoenix even then. Sabine is good for area damage and enemy debuffs in a variety of teams. Chopper can work very well with droids once his basic is omega-d. Zeb can do significant damage after he is geared up and has his zeta, but he works best with Phoenix. And Hera is the glue that keeps Phoenix together, but her abilities are subpar outside the team. So basically, Ezra and Sabine can work in a variety of teams, Ezra and Kanan can work with a Jedi team, and Chopper does well with other droids. Hera and Zeb are best with Phoenix.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    The typical transition is from Phoenix to Empire. I believe Palpatine is scheduled later this month, and Thrawn may be back next month. You already have Tarkin, TIE Fighter Pilot, & Vader, so I would keep farming Tarkin from arena store and Vader from fleet arena store, and work on gearing them as best you can. That way, you’ll be able to have a solid Empire team as soon as you get the remaining legendary characters.

Yes, I understand the typical part and Empire team will come along at some point. But trying to atypical here ;) without wasting resources

• Even if you push Phoenix to the limit they can’t hold off the Zeta Emperor Palpatine teams that will soon come your way.
    Saying that if you want them to handle mythic content and TBattle missions then pushing a few of them a little higher isn’t wasted....

I’d suggest Ezra and Kanan - because they are also JEDI and work well with Bastila lead Jedi.
    Plus one is offensive and the other a taunting tank - so your Phoenix team will be much stronger with them maxed.

I also suggest a slow farm on Sabine - as she is useful in other teams....not a priority but steadily farm her.

Yes, I am farming Sabine.
    So you are saying I won’t be able to even hold top 100 no matter how hard i try?

Currently mostly Bastila and Revan teams. For some reason Bastila are not a problem.

• Jedi and Empire teams will become a problem in the very near future as they power up. Phoenix simply doesn't have the capabilities available to keep up.
  • . But trying to atypical here ;) without wasting resources
    Can't. Not with Phoenix. They regain some power if they're g12/zeta, but not enough to justify the expense.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If you want to do something other than the usual switch from Phoenix to Empire in Arena —> Then First Order, Imperial Troopers or Jedi are the best “midgame” alternatives:

1) First Order -KRU, FOST, FOO, FOX and Kylo — essential Zetas KRU leadership and FOST
    2) Imperial Troopers - e.g. Veers, Starck, Snow, Shore and Range (plus there are substitutes while you get Shore)
    3) Jedi - Bastila, Kanan*, Ezra, GMY and Old Ben (*Switch to GK, Jolee or Hoda)

I’d add CLS teams if you also have CLS and decent Rebels (Wiggs, Chaze etc). The best team is hard to get though -> zzzCLS, zzChewie(!), zHan, zzR2 and zOldBen.
    BHs and Qi’ra led teams are also possible but usually require harder farms like Nest and Bossk.
  • Bastila Jedi
    Qi’ra (with Nest)
    And 1 guy with that FOrder team above mix it with Revan and Traya in my Shards top 50. Although usually no higher than 5th place.
  • Bastilla jedi has the advantages of A. reusing some phoenix toons (Ezra, Kanan), B. using toons you're already farming for other legendary characters (Bastilla, Jolee, Old Ben), C. being an easy transition to Revan once you're ready.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Now it's either pick jedi with bastila. bounty hunters. nightsisters. or cls with han chewie r2 and l3