Viable Options

Pile
619 posts Member
Recently I've shifted focus back to arena after a long build of HSTR teams. I have strong teams, covering the past few metas (JTR, Palpatine sith, Titans) really only missing Traya at this point but she's on farm. I have shown that I would have no problem battling my way up to the top by beating everyone in the too 20 at one point t or another. Out of courtesy, I reached out to other players asking for info on our shard chat. I was told that it is closed to any additional people and if I didn't mess with people's payouts I would be allowed into the top 20 most of the time. So at this point, what's the proper etiquet regarding a player's options when locked out of their arena shard? I have been advised by some not to snipe and be a nuisance because I'll just get targeted. Wondering what the general thoughts are....

Replies

• StarControl
    68 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I don’t know if this is any help but...
    How old is your shard?
    I put a message about fleet just today.
    In my fleet top 2 are somewhat unmovable at this point but other than that I just want other people payout times.
    I have cooperation of 4 people so far, we are all in top 5 or top 10
    No hits 2 hours before payout preferably amd 1 hour no hits period unless prearranged.
    Now I may lose interest or drop to top 100, it doesn’t matter not hitting someone on their payout still applies.
    You don’t even know payout of others how can you not interfere, it is very silly on their part. They should at least give you their payout times.
    Obviously if you have 10 people same payout time its a problem but it’s better to take #10 prearranged and no snipes and maybe trade places in rotatable then get hit out of top 20 all the time.

But if they are THAT nasty gather people in 20-50 range and assault top 20. Now you have a real arena battle!!! And actually may be fun.
    A lot of coordination though. But they will be begging for your discord server lol.

• If top 20 has players from same guilds then sharing with you is not a priority otherwise who cares how big their guild is, its not like they can camp you like in WOW or ultima online. They have to be in same shard.
    I mean you can try sticking into top 20 if you get sniped you know they won’t play nice.

But I would round up 5 players in 20-30 range and see what you can do. They probably have same problem.
    If 4 of you get into top 20 it will cause panic.

For me it would actually be fun and a real pvp experience, coordinating with cpl other people, refreshing if necessary but it requires coordinating and investing time for possibly only psychological payoff like their discord “crashing” trying to deal with you. :)

They won’t snipe you too high, 21-50 is same payout.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ur talking like u know someone’s payout time and r sniping them which don’t know how u would if ur not in top 20 already. U said u can beat them so that’s what u do reach the top whoever is in ur way you both can play who snipes who till one gives up and they play ball. But there is a chance that none r on ur pay out so what would be the issue them being on a during there time to get there rewards maybe? They obviously don’t want to be on during there time or 2 hrs prior so that may be ur issue ur time might fall in 2hr window before but that’s just what they will have to do isn’t it.
  • Pile wrote: »
    Recently I've shifted focus back to arena after a long build of HSTR teams. I have strong teams, covering the past few metas (JTR, Palpatine sith, Titans) really only missing Traya at this point but she's on farm. I have shown that I would have no problem battling my way up to the top by beating everyone in the too 20 at one point t or another. Out of courtesy, I reached out to other players asking for info on our shard chat. I was told that it is closed to any additional people and if I didn't mess with people's payouts I would be allowed into the top 20 most of the time. So at this point, what's the proper etiquet regarding a player's options when locked out of their arena shard? I have been advised by some not to snipe and be a nuisance because I'll just get targeted. Wondering what the general thoughts are....

Share ur payout time with them. They might offer u a spot, then just grab it first.