Scoundrels in Arena

VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited November 2018
So I dont hijack other threads. For you few other scoundrel users, who do you run, who do you target, who do you avoid, and why? Below team holds me top 40-90 with my 4th best mod sets. I'm too lazy to move them. How high can you go? How far do you fall? Edit: 35 is best I have done with them. Usually fall into 70s.

i0wkdemsfe77.png

I find nightsisters and Bastila non-Traya Sith teams easy. Can beat Traya with some RNG help. Thrawn is bad news if I don't stun him right away with Han. I have not faced a Revan team yet. I try to avoid RHan teams.

Ive had battles where Vandor rezzes people 3 times. L3 eventually becomes almost unkillable with 60% crit reduction and eleventy billion health.

And does anyone have a maxed Zaalbar yet? Mine is only g8 5*.
Post edited by VonZant on

Replies

• Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Always floating between 45-90.
    I target nightsisters, cls, jtr, bastilla.
    Especially nightsisters... just hit auto and put the phone down.

Revan teams would be easy, except for only whales have them and they are usually 110k plis power...still an easy win vs revan as long as they dont mark l3 or vandor. If vandoe gets marked, game over. RNG dependent there.

Palp is beatable, and i can't touch traya leads. Traya wrecks scoundrels imo.

bjurjp5cmuw1.jpg
    Haven't been on much today.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Just edited my post as you posted. How does Z and L3 combo work? Do they keep Vandor clear?
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Yes. Best tank combo i have found in the whole game so far. The only time it backfired on me was when i switched mods around and accidently made vandor slower than l3 and zaarbal. Vandor needs to go right after nest and qi'ra or jedi teams will take one tank out before vandor can get his advantage buff to get prepared. I also wish l3 was slightly more tanky to match big z, but overall the lineup works.

My rank is not impressive, but my shard is only a couple months older than the game release, and full of meta-whales. I do good considering I'm under 90k power going against 100k plus metas.

35 is really good with qi'ra lead... no nest, and no double tanks makes nightsisters hard for me. Very impressive.
  • I found i could stay in the top 150 with litterally any scoundrel combo as long as i run vandor and l3. Droids with k20 and l3, and hk lead i can break the top 100 too. L3s unique brings them all back once.

Revan is only hard if they have jolee. Revans savior ability only works one time.
    Vandor revives all the time.
  • I run:

Qi'ra
    OT Chewie
    Han (w/Guard)
    Nest (w/Guard)
    L3 (kinda....)

I prefer to run L3, but I've found that Thrawn makes tackling Jedi much easier. I switch between L3 and R2 on defense, but R2 tends to do a bit better.

If I didn't work during payout (can't wait for that update) then I could hit top 20, sometimes 10 with good luck. Revan squads are all RNG - I win if nest gets marked, otherwise I lose. All other teams go down easy on offense. If I do make top 20, I typically fall to upper 30's or 40's.

Im hopeful that Canderous or maybe a future Carth Onasi will boost the scoundrels. Canderous' possible damage is interesting, but we will see how that plays out. His triple attack on basic could pair really well with Qi'ra assist call.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I'd love to believe this but every Revan counter I've seen doesn't work for me. I suspect it's because of all the purple gear I see in this thread, tells me you guys are on young shards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm December 2016 full of whales. My RHan is now G12. I just never used him so never had a reason to gear him.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Why haven't you fought a Revan yet? If your shard is older than my Apr 17 shard they should be everywhere in the range you're at.
  • Dunno. There are 18 7* g12 Revans ranked higher than me. I just havent fought one yet. I ended at 42 today. My Top 3 are all Trayas right now.

8vi0t8lsmm1i.png
  • My shard is jan 2016. Not young. All meta, except me in top 6zxe4tj06yh2.jpg
    b8f3yb8jc4gj.jpg

100. Revan is not especially hard for my set up but 110k power levels and revan leads are, lol.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    100. Revan is not especially hard for my set up but 110k power levels and revan leads are, lol.

You're facing teams that aren't using Revan as the lead?
  • I have Z up to 6* Gear 11, zeta coming this weekend. He’s a beast, no doubt, and with L3 makes a nasty taunt wall.
    But with your Chewie and Han combo I don’t know who you’d sub out. You could swap an offence team for a defensive holding team overnight?
  • I have Z up to 6* Gear 11, zeta coming this weekend. He’s a beast, no doubt, and with L3 makes a nasty taunt wall.
    But with your Chewie and Han combo I don’t know who you’d sub out. You could swap an offence team for a defensive holding team overnight?

Yeah that is exactly what I am thinking. Maybe even remove Vandor for Young Lando or another attacker for offense and the swap in Vandor and Z for D.
  • Can anyone beat double tank Sion/Sith Trooper Traya teams? I can beat the single tank ones, but the doubles wipe the floor with me.
  • I use canderous, Mission, big Z, and l3 under Qi’ra lead, holds okay, I can climb to rank 700 or so with gear 10-11 characters in a sea of gear 12s. Probably won’t help at all since I’m so low in rank, but thought I’d say my 5¢.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Can anyone beat double tank Sion/Sith Trooper Traya teams? I can beat the single tank ones, but the doubles wipe the floor with me.

Maybe have nest in your scoundrel team? Her zeta ignores taunt and she can dispel it too.
    Also, check out MobileGamer's video called 'Boba the Traya Killer' if you haven’t, it consists of three characters that ignore taunt. They’re not all scoundrels, but it might work?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • TVF wrote: »

You're facing teams that aren't using Revan as the lead?

No, all teams with revan use him as the lead. I meant i have trouble with 110k power level or above teams running revan. My scoundrels are only 89k power.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Can anyone beat double tank Sion/Sith Trooper Traya teams? I can beat the single tank ones, but the doubles wipe the floor with me.

No traya line ups wack scoundels.
  • Thanks. My Nest needs work but Boba is G12. I can beat single tank Trayas pretty regular now. Not the doubles.

Killbot how do you fight Revan teams? I finally fought one and lost, but it wad because I didnt know what I was doing. Kill Revan or GMY first?
  • Kill yoda. Otherwise you lose. Take out jolee 2nd if possible
  • They are annoying too. Yoda will pop right back thanks to savior. You need to kill him twice. Then you have to go hard on jolee.
    Its sort of rng dependant. Revan almost always marks nest, which is fine, but sometimes he marks qi'ra or vando and its instant game over.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    CAndorus get's 30 percent prot regen on basic and has over 40% health steal under qira...not bad
  • And Since he can attack multiple times with his basic he will Proc Qira's prepared too. Might be fun.

FYI Ive fought Revan multiple times now. I can't beat the team yet, but they have only killed my team once. Otherwise its a timeout. It kinda depends on who he marks. If I can get him to mark L3 it should be fine, but if he marks Han or Qira I dont have enough damage to kill them.

Seeing Vandor rez people 5 times is kinda satisfying though.