Who is better lead EP or Vader?

2smooth
572 posts Member
edited November 2018
Currently run EP as lead hasn’t been as effective looking to switch it up for better results. Tarkin Vader EP kilo and boba make up team. I will unlock 7* thrawn in a few weeks and upgrade EP to 7* but need to make changes now can’t wait 2-3 weeks. Also plan on zeta on Vader for pit raid team so that’s leaning my towards decision as well.

Replies

• Options
    If you run this lineup zeta Vader can be the better choice because of the damage over time that keep comming back and his saber storm and Boba with his execute will make a ton of damage.

But in the late run (unless the Rancor Raid) the Zeta on Vader is more a fun thing for a couple of modes but not a real use
  • Options
    and don't forget that Vader is a Pilot. So the general GM of him has also impact to the Ship ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah I need his ship faster too I know zeta has mainly only use in rancor but at this point think it’s best move to andvance my ships and arena and a good start to a solo team. My Vader ship is only 5 stars and fighting bosk 🐳 in my fleet. Ep is my only alternative at the moment which don’t c it helping me much with his lead. That’s y no F2P EP leads r showing up top 50 in my shard arena.
  • Options
    EP lead is better than Vader for pvp. Its rough atm for you b/c 3/5 of your team don't get benefits from it. Once you're running full empire or full sith (or 4 sith+thrawn) his leadership is much better.
  • Options
    TaviRus wrote: »
    EP lead is better than Vader for pvp. Its rough atm for you b/c 3/5 of your team don't get benefits from it. Once you're running full empire or full sith (or 4 sith+thrawn) his leadership is much better.
    yes very rough lol feels useless but sion on farm to replace kilo and thrawn for my fifth. By that time I’ll have enough for 2 zetas. Think I will just use on Vader for ship benifit in meantime.
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    yes very rough lol feels useless but sion on farm to replace kilo and thrawn for my fifth. By that time I’ll have enough for 2 zetas. Think I will just use on Vader for ship benifit in meantime.
    Please don't - the materials spent for that zeta don't translate to a noticeable boost. Much better to save it for someone else (like EP unique, lead) or Thrawn (unique) or even Sion (unique).

Here's what Vader's lead zeta gets your ship: +1 speed, about +1000 combined health/protection (~1%), 0.45% potency, +99 damage (~1%).

That's the last thing you do when you've got 7* 85 maxed abilities on ship and toon, 6* mods, and you're trying to squeeze out that last 1 or 2 speed to stay in front. Vader's never going to be the fastest ship anyways.

There's a guy on my shard that put both zetas on Tarkin to make his Executrix 2 speed faster. Yikes.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    2smooth wrote: »
    Please don't - the materials spent for that zeta don't translate to a noticeable boost. Much better to save it for someone else (like EP unique, lead) or Thrawn (unique) or even Sion (unique).

Here's what Vader's lead zeta gets your ship: +1 speed, about +1000 combined health/protection (~1%), 0.45% potency, +99 damage (~1%).

That's the last thing you do when you've got 7* 85 maxed abilities on ship and toon, 6* mods, and you're trying to squeeze out that last 1 or 2 speed to stay in front. Vader's never going to be the fastest ship anyways.

There's a guy on my shard that put both zetas on Tarkin to make his Executrix 2 speed faster. Yikes.
    ok thanks I’ll hold off on that thought I would get more than that but most must come straight from gear. I’ll save Maybe wait till I get thrawn to see which of there’s will assist better I’m always low on ability mats close to 20 get it in a few days maybe but just will wait before making bad decisions.