3* dark basti beating revan^^

Prev1
jedilord
337 posts Member
edited November 2018
a few weeks revan, and now a marquee toon at 3stars who beats easily a 7* hero toon...

is it the new method from EA/CG for not spending money in this game anymore? the whole effort to get a hero to 7* is now obsolete for any future hero toon^^

https://youtu.be/Q264qBz96-A

Replies

• Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    "... easily beats ..." ?? Can you prove that. All I hear is that with good RNG people beat Revan with Bastila Fallen but the overall success rate is not different from using CLS+Chewie+Han squads

Edit: Just seen the video. AI is doing nonsense.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Member5973 wrote: »
    "... easily beats ..." ?? Can you prove that. All I hear is that with good RNG people beat Revan with **** Fallen but the overall success rate is not different from using CLS+Chewie+Han squads

is this proove enough?
    3 stars gear 8 ... yes gear 8... ****^^
    8cgjzc2xg6c4.jpg
  • It's zombie all over again
  • Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Funny, they dont want us to use an abbreviation for Bastila Shan.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Revan was already beatable with a standard Triumvirate team. This may make folks using Sith's climb easier, but they will still drop like a rock on defense vs Revan teams. Worst case scenario for Revan users is they have to manually play their arena battles now instead of selecting a Sith team and hitting the autoplay button. I'm not sure why anyone who has Revan would be up in arms about her.
    "... easily beats ..." ?? Can you prove that. All I hear is that with good RNG people beat Revan with **** Fallen but the overall success rate is not different from using CLS+Chewie+Han squads

thats my video btw.
    "ai is doing nonsense" and "Rng" is good excuses, im afraid its not true tho. the AI is doing the same stuff, i already know the AI and i behave accordingly. im right now on 3 of 3 with g8 bast with one omega vs top-tier revans. im in launch shard, and those guys have really good modding, while my Sith are modded like a B team. (i mean, my thrawn is 257 speed, with no g12+, and no zetas... thats really low level in terms of my shard). and yet, i beat them, 3 of 3 already.
    AI is doing the same stuff every match, and this team exploiting the fact traya is gonna be direct focused. RNG maybe i enjoyed in the video, but on my first match my traya died fast and still managed to win, and my DN went after Yoda, and stuff like that.
    the idea is simple - you want slow down the Jedi. the ways to slow them down.
    - waste their turns.
    - deny their turns.
    - weaker their turns.
    so to waste their turns - you have Traya's tankiness. jedi barely do any damage to traya tanky with fbast near. sure she can die, but they would 'waste' so much turns with high-potential damage on her, thats it slow them down well. the heal from traya L after they make her almost-dead.. the protection regain from thrawn after she almost dead.
    to deny their turns - fracture denying turns, slowing down GMY to the floor. also bast Stuns. once is almost a must, 2 is lucky. in the video, first time tried stun, this jolee somehow resisted ( i had 150% potency). isolate, if you lucky, can also make a turn to a waste.
    weaker their turns - Pain, bast' curropted BM, bast after-stun debuffs. the crit avoidance from traya L.

so, after you did all this, you slowed the Jedi really well, you know what happens. DN get in the zone and start to annihilate.
    i currently dont see any reaosn why it wouldnt work, Bast' tankiness or damage have nothing to do with the fact its "hide the DN", and you want DN to annihilate so you jsut survive while cripple the other team. Fallen bast crippling the enemy team amazingly good.
    turn order, id recommend : Thrawn fastest, then Traya, Then Sion, then Bast. Sion must use his AoE after Thrawn' fracture. if thrawn TM swap with traya, he still need to go before sion, so Traya must be faster than Sion as well, so thrawn will fracture GMY before Sion turn, no matter which way you chose. then, Sion AoE, followed by bast turn to put all the debuffs to slow them down. Dn can go anywhere, dont see any importance in that, and he gain TM so you cant really know when he'll go (probably before thrawn).
    if you do that, i 99% sure you need to win.
    if for some reason you can't Fracture GMY and then do Sion' AoE, this means one thing : Your Traya isnt tanky enough.
  • Newsflash: Traya can already beat Revan with any number of support toons: EE, Visas, Palp, and even bog standard SiT. Goth Bastila doesn't really change anything (except that a 3* g8 bastila is an obvious liability on defense, whereas SiT or Palp are not).
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    To be fair, the only reason people will be up in arms is cause of the thousands of people who paid hundreds of dollars for him. if Revan came out later and was more f2p friendly, there would be less backlash.

But seeing a three star G8 be on a team that beat him rather easily after only 3weeks is like... really funny to me. Because I didn't buy Revan and I won't ever spend that much ever on a toon just to "win" more in arena.

(Not that I get paying that much anyway just to win arena, cause the amount of crystals people spent.. y'know, 300-400 dollars worth, is like winning 1st place for months....)
  • Gorem wrote: »
    To be fair, the only reason people will be up in arms is cause of the thousands of people who paid hundreds of dollars for him. if Revan came out later and was more f2p friendly, there would be less backlash.

But seeing a three star G8 be on a team that beat him rather easily after only 3weeks is like... really funny to me. Because I didn't buy Revan and I won't ever spend that much ever on a toon just to "win" more in arena.

(Not that I get paying that much anyway just to win arena, cause the amount of crystals people spent.. y'know, 300-400 dollars worth, is like winning 1st place for months....)

I don't understand. There has never been an unbeatable team in SWGOH. There were Sith, Tarkin, Commander Luke and Ewok teams already being used as counters. I don't see how adding a character that makes it fractionally easier to win on offense and is a liability on defense makes any difference. Also anyone who paid hundreds of dollars should have known better. The day Bastilla was announced we all knew Revan was coming. Five Old Republic characters released? C'mon, it was obvious. Just like Fallen Bastilla being released right now, we know for sure we're going to need a set of dark side Old Republic for a new character. You save up your crystals and start farming those characters the second they hit the table. In no way should Revan have cost anyone hundreds of dollars.
  • Doesn’t matter to me if she can beat Revan or not..she doesn’t seem to hold well defensively. The people who used her 9 hours after my payout ended dropped farther than I did over night.

I already was fairly certain EA was gonna add a free toon to help those who didn’t get Revan the first time and as someone who bought Revan I really don’t mind. Long as I can get my payouts everyday relatively easy...all is well for me today.
  • If you're mad about Revan losing. Dont worry

EA is working up a store purchase for just $499! Its an item that grants God mode for your Revan on defense for 24 hours!
  • jedilord wrote: »
    Member5973 wrote: »

is this proove enough?
    3 stars gear 8 ... yes gear 8... ****^^
    8cgjzc2xg6c4.jpg

Do you even have a Traya? From what I watched in the clip the player was dumb enough to try and stun Jolee when he has godlike tenacity so it resisted. He did a risky move by annihilating Revan instead of Jolee. Does that Jolee even have zeta? What's his speed...

Jolee could've just ressed him back up.

Honestly the fallen bastila didnt do much.

If the player went in as a 4 man squad without her it likely would've been the same results since he cant use a stun properly.
  • It is a troubling sign that each new toon makes others relatively obselete at low star and/or gear levels. The same is currently true with ships where the new Bounty Hunters (BH / Cad Bane / IG 88) ships perform "exceedingly well" despite there not being a lot of stars on the ships.

I understand the need for it for the long term health of the game, but have we reached "the bridge too far?" I'm not sure. Not yet, but seeing a 6* capital ship with a few 4* and 5* ships holding at 13 is troublesome to say the least.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Revan was already beatable with a standard Triumvirate team. This may make folks using Sith's climb easier, but they will still drop like a rock on defense vs Revan teams. Worst case scenario for Revan users is they have to manually play their arena battles now instead of selecting a Sith team and hitting the autoplay button. I'm not sure why anyone who has Revan would be up in arms about her.

Not even kidding I've found I hold better with trio since the Revan release. Full disclosure I have god mods. it seems like the slower revans can beat the better built ones so as long as I place myself above the revans with 150 plus at the end of the day the slower ones cant get me.
  • Like I said in the other post, have you played SWGOH for any period of time?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Revan was already beatable with a standard Triumvirate team. This may make folks using Sith's climb easier, but they will still drop like a rock on defense vs Revan teams. Worst case scenario for Revan users is they have to manually play their arena battles now instead of selecting a Sith team and hitting the autoplay button. I'm not sure why anyone who has Revan would be up in arms about her.

Not even kidding I've found I hold better with trio since the Revan release. Full disclosure I have god mods. it seems like the slower revans can beat the better built ones so as long as I place myself above the revans with 150 plus at the end of the day the slower ones cant get me.
    have a 5* bosk that holds at one until I beat it with 2 other 4* payed for ships but I’m on a earlier shard 3 months in. But your situation is different u probably just have a lot of players that lack strategy to beat or have bad fleet compositions.

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Lol cry me a river
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Jabba wrote: »
    Lol cry me a river

I can't even with these posts. sigh. I mean....

edit: meaning the above ldo, not Jabba's post

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Newsflash: Traya can already beat Revan with any number of support toons: EE, Visas, Palp, and even bog standard SiT. Goth Bastila doesn't really change anything (except that a 3* g8 bastila is an obvious liability on defense, whereas SiT or Palp are not).

Didn’t even mention ShT and GK. The 2 best 5ths.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    basti 3* at gear8 also can hold on defense over night... the same player as yesterday: proove here:

kv50x8ymmc9k.jpg

Acrofales wrote: »
    Newsflash: Traya can already beat Revan with any number of support toons: EE, Visas, Palp, and even bog standard SiT. Goth Bastila doesn't really change anything (except that a 3* g8 bastila is an obvious liability on defense, whereas SiT or Palp are not).

wow, you are so up to date^^ some of these toons at 3* gear8? no? so please don´t interrupt any conversation with fake news @Acrofales

"... easily beats ..." ?? Can you prove that. All I hear is that with good RNG people beat Revan with Bastila Fallen but the overall success rate is not different from using CLS+Chewie+Han squads

Not true.
    To beat average Revan teams (‘Average’ doesn’t mean slow Revan) with new Bastila is much easier than CLS Chewie.
    I know better solution than using new Bastila, but she will help Traya much to beat Revan.

• Soo... If DSB is so good, why isnt she on literally any of my shard arena teams?
    Only Revan teams here, with a few traya (always with sit and thrawn) up until 50+
  • the thing is, if you have a 7* Traya, its much more easier to beat Revan teams, cause you charge them at same level.
    My Traya is still 5* and i have to target high end Revan Teams every day, cause my shard is from Dec 2017. And with a 5* Traya and a 4* BSF, its a really challeging competition and far away from an easy win.
    There is still one Revan Team in the Top 10 that i cant beat on offense.
    On defense i switch in my 7* Wampa for BSF, cause that holds much better on defense ;-)
  • She is atrocious. Don't bother with her
  • I thought she was a waste of a slot when I did the event. She seemed to be the weakest link. I'm not sure what all the hype is. Put someone else in that fifth slot, and you'll do even better.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    enlguy wrote: »
    I thought she was a waste of a slot when I did the event. She seemed to be the weakest link. I'm not sure what all the hype is. Put someone else in that fifth slot, and you'll do even better.

She buffs the leader, in that slot she is the leader, probs messes up her kit and confuses it since in the event you technically have 2 leaders.

What you do is have Traya so tanky she doesn't die, and since she's the only one Revan targets, who then forces everyone else to target her, having her not die means you get all the annihilates off you need. :)
  • jedilord wrote: »
    basti 3* at gear8 also can hold on defense over night... the same player as yesterday: proove here:

kv50x8ymmc9k.jpg

Acrofales wrote: »

wow, you are so up to date^^ some of these toons at 3* gear8? no? so please don´t interrupt any conversation with fake news @Acrofales

Yeah that is 100% luck. You could auto that squad with almost anyone.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    She is atrocious. Don't bother with her

Then why do all the revan squads in my arena turn into traya with bsf around payout time?