Mods: Making them more complicated to make them more attractive?

Hello there,
The title, is not a joke, it is just catchy, the goal is not to make it more complicated, just more deterministic, I explain.Please imagine an "IMO" in the end of my sentences.

For example, on SWTOR, there is two type of gear : the rigid gears and adaptative gear.
The difference?The rigid gears can't be changed, you'll almost always have some stats too high and others too low.
The adaptative gear allow you to play your character like you want, tobe able to completely benefit from it kit.

SWTOR is a MMO, so the comparison is subjective, but, I want mods to be adaptative.

More than my opinion what are the advantages for making mods adaptative?
First, I'll answer with questions,How much mods do you have compared to how many you use?or if you're more advanced player, how much 7+ speed mods did you throw up?When you put a mod on a character, how many matching stats are enought?I'm sure it's not 5
I want Speed/potency/defense/defense % to have fun with tarkin
I want Speed/defense/Health/protection on my traya, you may think "it's crap", I may think like you, but I can't test it, even if by luck I get thoose stats, the bonuses may not be spreaded as desired.
I don't want a PvP where if you have 15 speed on your cross unsted of the 19 of your oponent, you have a bullet in the foot, because the issue, is that to reach 19 speed, it often takes a long time, because it requires lucks and attempts.

It is time to make a proposal:
The current mods stay, I only propose a new way to make mods, here are the steps:
-"Decompose" a mod (it have to be lvl15)
-Depending of this colour you will have good or average secondary stat shards,
for example, you decompose a 5A mod that didn't had good rng on it let's say 70 offense 5 speed 1500 health 2% defense
because it is a 5A, you will have, no matter what, let's say 80% (30% for 5E, 60% for 5B and 100% for 6E for instance) of the max stat possible so with a 5 speed or a 12 speed mod, you'll everytime get a max_speed x 0.8 secondary stat shard
-then, with a chipset you can get in raids or event or else, you merge your shards in a mod,3 shard to get (3) on the mod , 2 for (2)..., to get THE mod you want for your strategy

This way,the old mods you had won't become trash, and when you loose a mirror match, it won't be "he has better mods,but I don't know why it is good, because I can't try the same as him" but it will be "He prioritized this stat over this stat, weird, i'll try it"
I said it but, not being able to choose secondaries is so detrimental to strategies that requires several secondaries

Now the issues of my idea:
-the main is the time it would require, making each mods on your TW or TB team,but I would say, you can do this this way on your arena teams, and for TW/TB team, just do it when you want to try a new strategy, or when you feel your rigid random mods are downgrading your team potential.
-You may think it is not fair for big players that "worked" hard for their 22 speed mods, you're right, a change of the mods system to get adapative mods will reduce their advantage on the rest of the playerbase, but I still think, that the pleasure to mod your characters as you like will open so much strategies that it will overcome the less of value of good RNG mods

This is not meant to be a "code and update" proposal, but I showed what I think could be better, surely things very different from this post would be amazing.

Thanks for your efforts to read and to try to understand my opinion, please share your agree/disagree if you think it is a subject that must be realised/buried