HK-47 Rework Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited November 2018
HK-47
Dark Side, Support, Droid, Old Republic, Scoundrel

Superior Firepower Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to gain offense up and critical damage up for 3 turns.

Meatbag Mayhem Special 1: Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 50% chance each to inflict target lock, ability block, speed down, offense down, defense down, and damage over time for 2 turns. These chances are doubled against Jedi. This attack has +20% potency for each Droid ally. (Cooldown 3)

Assassination Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict deathmark for 2 turns, which can’t be resisted. All allies gain advantage for 1 turn. If this attack defeats the target, they can't be revived. (Cooldown 4)

Assassin Protocol Leader: Droid allies gain 30% critical chance and gain 30% turn meter on a critical hit. While HK-47 is alive, when Target Lock expires on an enemy, they immediately regain it for 2 turns. ZETA: +10% critical chance and +20% turn meter gain. Droid allies recover 15% health and gain 15% defense (stacking) for 3 turns whenever they score a critical hit.

Reconstruction Unique: HK-47 recovers 5% protection at the start of his turn for each enemy with target lock. HK-47 revives with 50% health, 80% turn meter, health steal up, and retribution for 2 turns the first time he is defeated.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• I love 99% of this to be honest I love 100% of this. The only thing worng with it is the omission of the bounty hunter and/or scoundrel tag.
    Giving him deathmark; just the right amount of on the nose, and the zeta on the leader gives the droids a leader that can offer longevity in thougher fights and turns some of the more glass cannon type droids into glass deathstars 😅.
    I'm not sure it will make them competitve with the current meta but it gets closer. I think a more creative zeta, maybe something that makes target-lock "un-cleasnable" kinda like vader does in ships? Imagine ig88's zeta paired with that? That's the kind of firepower I think they would need to bring to make droids part of the meta. I dont know how they are gonna do it, but I hope they think now is a good time to find a way to put droids into the PvP mix

Signed,
    HK fan boy for life
  • I love 99% of this to be honest I love 100% of this. The only thing worng with it is the omission of the bounty hunter and/or scoundrel tag.
    Giving him deathmark; just the right amount of on the nose, and the zeta on the leader gives the droids a leader that can offer longevity in thougher fights and turns some of the more glass cannon type droids into glass deathstars 😅.
    I'm not sure it will make them competitve with the current meta but it gets closer. I think a more creative zeta, maybe something that makes target-lock "un-cleasnable" kinda like vader does in ships? Imagine ig88's zeta paired with that? That's the kind of firepower I think they would need to bring to make droids part of the meta. I dont know how they are gonna do it, but I hope they think now is a good time to find a way to put droids into the PvP mix

Signed,
    HK fan boy for life

Good suggestions!
  • Overal I really like this idea. but I do have a few problems with it.

First of all, The Stacking Critical Damage on the zeta leadership. That is a bit much. he already has Deathmark and T3-M4 already gives Crit damage for each debuff on the enemy team to droid allies. Damage enough I say. Change it for stacking Defence instead. to help with their survivability.

Secondly +40% Crit chance and 50% Turn meter gain is again too much. At least the turn meter gain. Imagine if a droid comes with a double hit basic. You will get an infinite loop. And we all know how they thing about loops. That won't end well. Also Aoe attacks will have a lot of wasted turn meter gain. Thou this one is more minor. The health recovery and stacking Defence (in my case) is strong enough.

Next is the target lock reapplying. First of all, Darth Vader's leadership with the reapplying damage over time has the condition that it only is that way while Darth vader is alive. I believe it should be the same here. add the condition that HK-47 has to be alive to reapply target lock and chance the duration to 2 turns (1 turn doesn't make much sense). This also makes his unique more important.

Continuing on the previous point. HK-47 doesn't apply target lock himself, nor does he benefit from it. I suggest adding Target lock on his assassination special. I also suggest adding an effect to his unique. Since it's called reconstruction I think something like: at the start of his turn HK-47 Recovers 10% Protection for each target locked enemy" would fit pretty nicely. Just an idea thou.

Finally his basic. A character's basic is used a lot. So I kinda wonder why the buffs last for 3 turns. I don't think I've seen anything on a basic last more than 2 turns. Thou this one is really minor (which is why I saved it for last).

Overall an awesome idea. I really love it.

P.s. I saw your like on my Hermit Luke Skywalker kit. Tnx, that makes me happy :) .
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overal I really like this idea. but I do have a few problems with it.

First of all, The Stacking Critical Damage on the zeta leadership. That is a bit much. he already has Deathmark and T3-M4 already gives Crit damage for each debuff on the enemy team to droid allies. Damage enough I say. Change it for stacking Defence instead. to help with their survivability.

Secondly +40% Crit chance and 50% Turn meter gain is again too much. At least the turn meter gain. Imagine if a droid comes with a double hit basic. You will get an infinite loop. And we all know how they thing about loops. That won't end well. Also Aoe attacks will have a lot of wasted turn meter gain. Thou this one is more minor. The health recovery and stacking Defence (in my case) is strong enough.

Next is the target lock reapplying. First of all, Darth Vader's leadership with the reapplying damage over time has the condition that it only is that way while Darth vader is alive. I believe it should be the same here. add the condition that HK-47 has to be alive to reapply target lock and chance the duration to 2 turns (1 turn doesn't make much sense). This also makes his unique more important.

Continuing on the previous point. HK-47 doesn't apply target lock himself, nor does he benefit from it. I suggest adding Target lock on his assassination special. I also suggest adding an effect to his unique. Since it's called reconstruction I think something like: at the start of his turn HK-47 Recovers 10% Protection for each target locked enemy" would fit pretty nicely. Just an idea thou.

Finally his basic. A character's basic is used a lot. So I kinda wonder why the buffs last for 3 turns. I don't think I've seen anything on a basic last more than 2 turns. Thou this one is really minor (which is why I saved it for last).

P.s. I saw your like on my Hermit Luke Skywalker kit. Tnx, that makes me happy :) .

I changed critical damage to defense.

His lead already gives 50% turn meter on a critical hit, if I lowered that amount I’d be nerfing him.

I added that that he needs to be alive to reapply target lock.

The target with deathmark probably doesn’t need to be target locked since they’re going to die quickly. I put target lock in his first special.

I like the idea of recovering protection for each target locked enemy, but I feel like 10% is worth a zeta, and since I didn’t want a zeta on his unique I lowered the amount to 5%.

His basic already lasts 3 turns. I didn’t change the duration.
  • You are right, if Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo got their #Old Republic tag then why not HK-47 too?
  • HK-47
    Dark Side, Support, Droid, Old Republic, Scoundrel

Superior Firepower Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to gain offense up and critical damage up for 3 turns.

Meatbag Mayhem Special 1: Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 50% chance each to inflict target lock, ability block, speed down, offense down, defense down, and damage over time for 2 turns. These chances are doubled against Jedi. This attack has +20% potency for each Droid ally. (Cooldown 3)

Assassination Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict deathmark for 2 turns, which can’t be resisted. All allies gain advantage for 1 turn. (Cooldown 4)

Assassin Protocol Leader: Droid allies gain 30% critical chance and gain 30% turn meter on a critical hit. While HK-47 is alive, when Target Lock expires on an enemy, they immediately regain it for 2 turns. ZETA: +10% critical chance and +20% turn meter gain. Droid allies recover 15% health and gain 15% defense (stacking) for 3 turns whenever they score a critical hit.

Reconstruction Unique: HK-47 recovers 5% protection at the start of his turn for each enemy with target lock. HK-47 revives with 50% health, 80% turn meter, health steal up, and retribution for 2 turns the first time he is defeated.

I really like this. Only thing i’d add, is on assassination maybe it should say “If this attack defeats the target, they can’t be revived.”

• I changed critical damage to defense.

His lead already gives 50% turn meter on a critical hit, if I lowered that amount I’d be nerfing him.

The target with deathmark probably doesn’t need to be target locked since they’re going to die quickly. I put target lock in his first special.

I like the idea of recovering protection for each target locked enemy, but I feel like 10% is worth a zeta, and since I didn’t want a zeta on his unique I lowered the amount to 5%.

Fair enough. (all of them)
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Overal I really like this idea. but I do have a few problems with it.

I changed critical damage to defense.

If I might offer a twist/argument to give him a second zeta, on the unique, and hang with me here, his revive can happen 10 times... Have the first one be 100% chance and each one after would 10% less (stacking) chance to happen... I know every non-droid fan would cry foul, but I think it would be just hilarious to watch him keep getting up like the zombie. Just a wild thought and not likely to make it to the game at all but I thought it was kind of brilliant when it came to me.

Cheers,
  • Nice kit
    what if you add deal double damage on basic if there is target locked enemies
  • YarikCaski
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This is great, but what about an offense and speed buff if paired with Revan?
  • YarikCaski wrote: »
    This is great, but what about an offense and speed buff if paired with Revan?

If you pair HK up with Revan you’re nearly undefeatable, no need for an extra offense or speed boost.