Rip revan

U can throw bastila in there as well darkside 4 life lol

Replies

• Nah
  • :(:'(
  • Yeah gonna be getting my butt kicked in arena now lol. My Revan is still fun to play in other areas so I'm not too bothered by fallen Bastila. Heck she's given me a reason to finally work on my Sith team
  • the Traya team with darkside Bastila doesn't hold on defense against Revan teams though
  • the Traya team with darkside Bastila doesn't hold on defense against Revan teams though

Nothing holds on defense. Welcome to the game. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    the Traya team with darkside Bastila doesn't hold on defense against Revan teams though

revans neither hold against trayas... so?
    no team holds on defense, and if it does, its just because people doesnt have decent mods or your shard is inactive
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Nothing holds on defense and this is true...but if we are being honest here some teams hold better than others. So I wouldn’t say RIP Revan. Revan is gonna hold better for now than Darkside toons will. And eventually that will change but I believe it’s gonna take more than a free to play marquee toon to change the meta.

I’m not hating cause I ran Traya and now I run Revan...just saying what I’ve experienced the past 2 days. My arena team is fully 6* modded w/the exception of 3/6* mods on my Kenobi.

I’ve faced the darkside teams that have Fallen Bastilla...they weren’t any more difficult than they were before she was released.

Most metas last around the 6 months or so period. Now whether or not that is the case with Revan we will have to see, and if he doesn’t last as long it’s still cool to use him in other aspects of the game. For instance in the heroic sith raid Revan can do some insanely high damage numbers in P2/P4.

In between metas that why I always hoard gear/credits/zetas/omegas/etc, that way when it does change I can change with it. Staying ahead of the curve is how I like to play.

Like I said I’m not hating but just sharing my thoughts.

Post edited by JediMindTricks on
  • Hate to break it to you, but... Revan is still meta...
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    the Traya team with darkside Bastila doesn't hold on defense against Revan teams though
    What about ep lead lol. Nothing has to hold on defense just have to be able to beat who is in front of u. A good defense is players with lack of strategy this isn’t ships though lol
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you, but... Revan is still meta...

ur right just as meta as Vader lead lol
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you, but... Revan is still meta...

ur right just as meta as Vader lead lol

You're right, my shard has as many Vader leads as Revan leads /s
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Nothing holds on defense, but revan sure as heck dropped less far than other teams. Revan will still be meta, but will hold slightly worse on def because more players will be able to beat him. That's all.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »
    Nothing holds on defense, but revan sure as heck dropped less far than other teams. Revan will still be meta, but will hold slightly worse on def because more players will be able to beat him. That's all.

Revan only drops less cause every fight against him takes an eternity so people avoid him.. not because he is good on defence but because he takes to long to beat. With this new addition he is falling faster. He is also only "meta" cause he is new and people are playing with their toy they spent enough to buy enough games to play for over a years worth that others will get for free.

Eventually, when the hype dies down Revan will drop just like the others if not more so, I actually prefer hitting Revan now MORE then Traya leads. Traya is still very much meta.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Revan only drops less cause every fight against him takes an eternity so people avoid him.. not because he is good on defence but because he takes to long to beat. With this new addition he is falling faster. He is also only "meta" cause he is new and people are playing with their toy they spent enough to buy enough games to play for over a years worth that others will get for free.

Eventually, when the hype dies down Revan will drop just like the others if not more so, I actually prefer hitting Revan now MORE then Traya leads. Traya is still very much meta.

You've got a higher winratio vs revan teams than vs traya teams? That's amazig and the exact opposite of what i've been experiencing. What team are you using if i may ask?
  • I think Revan is alive and well. She just won’t own arena for 6 months like in the past (aka cls). Personally, I like seeing the meta in a more frequent state of flux. However, I do understand why people that spent $ are upset. Lesson learned going forward. This game is always changing and expectations based on history is not completely reliable.
  • I don’t have Revan. If I did, that would be my arena team. Not because I like Revan, but because the team holds MUCH better on D than Traya. That means more crystals for me. When Revan stops being the best defensive hold, the meta will change.
  • I don't have revan or traya. My experience with dark bastilla is I can plug her into my ep team to beat the more poorly modded revan teams. But I can beat those without her too. Maybe with a bit more gear, she'll be good against the better teams. Sitting at g8 right now waiting on a stun gun.

I should have traya soon but I'm a bit learly about having a 3 star character and a 5 star character on my team since that may make me a target. But we'll see. If I get them both to g11, it may work.
  • I don't have revan or traya. My experience with dark bastilla is I can plug her into my ep team to beat the more poorly modded revan teams. But I can beat those without her too. Maybe with a bit more gear, she'll be good against the better teams. Sitting at g8 right now waiting on a stun gun.

I should have traya soon but I'm a bit learly about having a 3 star character and a 5 star character on my team since that may make me a target. But we'll see. If I get them both to g11, it may work.
    yes I just tried a 3* and 4* together was target practice I’ll wait until they r 5* G9 at least and all abilities where they need to be before I throw them in.

• Gorem wrote: »

This doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying that people in your shard choose not to make a max jump that they could win simply because it might take an extra minute or two (and not because they risk timing out)? Wow.
    I don't have revan or traya. My experience with dark bastilla is I can plug her into my ep team to beat the more poorly modded revan teams. But I can beat those without her too. Maybe with a bit more gear, she'll be good against the better teams. Sitting at g8 right now waiting on a stun gun.

yes I just tried a 3* and 4* together was target practice I’ll wait until they r 5* G9 at least and all abilities where they need to be before I throw them in.

Traya unlocks at 5 star. So how did you have a 3 star and 4 star together?
  • 4* now each Zion nihilus
    4* now each Zion nihilus

Oh ok.
  • Idk what guild GP and arena #s you guys are at but Revan is by far the best team to ever be put in this game

Traya was a joke before. The standard nightmare team can easily wipe out a Traya that's on defense 100% of the time.

You can actually lose vs as good or better modded CLS chewy.

There's many Revan combos and most on these forums are sighting the wrong setups as a team beaten. There's only 1 team that's truly the best and far superior over the other setups....

That's revan, GK, Jolee, GMY and bastila

https://swgoh.gg/p/485378117/

My profile above. Whale here with insane mods are shown above in a shard that began in just February as one of the only 3 Trayas that gets dominated by 100 speed mod revans and can lose vs it with 140-150 speed mods
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    As a Raven player in Arena, I find Traya teams that have Dbastila far easier to beat than Traya teams that don't. I'm sure it's easier on Offense for Traya teams who are climbing, but on defense it only takes a couple of shots to take her out. Maybe when she's 7 stars and geared 12 it will be more difficult.

On my shard the top 10 traya teams have a makeup of Traya/DN/Sion/Thrawn/ST or Traya/DN/Sion/Thrawn/Bastila

I always kill Thrawn first as his Fracture is the greatest wild card factor RNG wise imo. Well time fracture on my Yoda or Revan can screw me over. Then I go after Bastila which only take a few hits. Then Traya... next would be Nihilus and then Sion last.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yeah on offense AI doesn’t attack her goes for traya so it’s different. But u can’t attack squads that r not above u and easier vs not beating not much of a difference u still lose. U have to think like this would u click on team 5 spots below just because it was easier even if u know u can beat one above? I wouldn’t cause it’s a wasted fight lol
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    2smooth wrote: »
    Yeah on offense AI doesn’t attack her goes for traya so it’s different. But u can’t attack squads that r not above u and easier vs not beating not much of a difference u still lose. U have to think like this would u click on team 5 spots below just because it was easier even if u know u can beat one above? I wouldn’t cause it’s a wasted fight lol

I'm honestly not sure what your saying here.

I'm just saying I find Traya teams with Bastila easier to kill. I have no problem with them on my shard, and I get 1 in arena during my payout every day. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a good character with a lot of potential - I think she's being designed to work more with a future Darth Malak and Darth Revan. But Jedi Knight Revan is still very much Meta and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Most metas last around the 6 months or so period.

Maybe since launch or even up to 6 months ago....

Now it was traya for a little while
    bastilla for like 2 weeks
    Then they reworked NS and bastillas 2 weeks was over
    Then there was chewy who could climb against just about everyone..That lasted for a week maybe 2
    Then revan hit and they will let that last a few weeks till the rest of the Dark OR toons hit...

Seems like over last 3 months there is a new meta every 2-3 weeks....

I'm sure traya and revan will dominate for more than 6 months because how exactly would they bring FO, Resistance, rebels, droids etc back into the meta...

I'm sure once revan comes around the second time they are going to drop a few more jedi down just to make sure F2P are not allowed to climb once getting him...

Then it will be the 6-10 months and some new god tune will comeand someone other than jedi or sith will take over for 2 weeks...

then Jedi luke for a few months of destruction then servers go bye bye

not looking good for anything other than Jedi/Sith for a LOOOOONG time..... like rebels meta loooonnng time heh