79.99 for Kylo Ren??

I mean, we have to buy it really or we will fall out of the top 10 in arena, but ****, £79.99 :/

They have us now. No choice. Feel disappointed it's so much. Haven't even seen the film yet so in my mind I don't even know if I like the character!

Replies

• Options
    You don't have to buy it. Really. There are lots of other good characters. And even if you do buy him, you can't star him up unless you spend more on lottery packs. It's bad value.
    What does being in the top 10 of arena really buy you anyway? A few more crystals? How many crystals can you buy with that same $?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Read his overview, he sounds like Dooko on steroids. There seems to be literally no chance doing well in arena (or galactic war come to think of it) when up against him. Sounds seriously overbalanced. I appreciate we don't have to buy him, but the game will turn frustrating very quickly if not paying and up against teams of him. AOE on each attack, unstoppable counter. Wow.

Seems to me this update will turn off all the non-paying players overnight.

Kylo Ren is a versatile attacker that can inflict Healing Immunity and Damage Over Time with Ragged Cut. However, this unit really shines with his Unstoppable passive that resets his skill cooldowns whenever he receives damage. He can then unleash AoE havoc with Lash Out, which also grants him a Retribution buff that allows him to counter any enemy that hits him.
    Where to use
    With the constant battery of attacks you’ll receive from Squad Arena, you’re guaranteed to have Kylo Ren activate his Unstoppable ability, allowing him to blast the enemy side with Lash Out almost every round, while counter attacking with his Retribution buff.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    But it's the same issue as with guys like Maul and Old Ben.. he's not farmable. The only people he will help are those who are already spending thousands and they already are unbeatable by people with more sense. Everyone else who buys the pack will have the "Barriss problem" with him stuck at 4* while people are leveling up more mundane characters to 6* and 7*.
    At any rate, I refuse on principle to spend that much $ on a pack. It's too much $ and I am voting with my pocketbook. And I've already spend $60 on the game in less than a month.
  • Options
    I wont..for a toon in a game?
  • Options
    My problem is more with the fact he seems VERY overpowered than the fact he exists and costs 79.99. If his AOE turns out to hit as hard as Maul does, and he can do it everytime he's damaged, it means people will only be able to 'win' if concentrating on single target attacks, and even then he's going to pack a punch.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well, we'll see soon enough.
    But really, there are lots of characters and you only have 5 slots.
    The big thing for me is.. why do I even care about winning right now? When Barriss came out I was level 15, getting her allowed me to level faster and earn shards and crystals when I needed them.
    Now I'm level 54, almost 55. I'll be capped in a week. I have other good chars I am farming.
    I can't get into the top 5 on my server because it's dominated by guys who will spend thousands to not only get this guy but farm him to 7*, so my 4* version won't even matter.
    So if I get him what will I get out of it.. 50 more crystals a day? For the same money I can get 15,710 crystals.
    This is going to be a real problem very soon. There just isn't actually any big incentive to have a dominant team when there's nothing really to do with it. Unless you think the "bragging rights" are worth something.. I mean really, what does it matter to be on top in PvP?
  • Options
    I just want to be able to complete galactic wars every day and farm Luminara :(
  • Options
    They will nerf him once they have collected their money, just as they did with Barris.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    data90x wrote: »
    I mean, we have to buy it really or we will fall out of the top 10 in arena, but ****, £79.99 :/

They have us now. No choice. Feel disappointed it's so much. Haven't even seen the film yet so in my mind I don't even know if I like the character!

This is their marketing at work aimed at paying players like yourself, this is referred to in the marketing/media world as a Problem/Crisis/Solution scenario.....
    • They make you feel as if you now need to change direction by first nerfing Bariss, a player who most pay-for players spent a fortune on upgrading to dominate PVP.
    • They then present a solution of buying this pack for $100 to get you back in the game and for the pay-for player, the impulse is "I've already spent so much money investing in my game and now I have to again invest in this to stay on top and if I don't, all my hard work is for nothing" and I'll simply be forced to crawl away as others who paid kick my backside up and down in PVP as I watch my position drop from Top 10 to Top 200.

There is a solution!!! Do as I do, become F2P, stick with what you have and farm some of the freebies and diversify....
  • Options
    You're all saying you can't farm Kylo Ren but he's going on cantina 4c tomorrow so he'll be very farmable.
  • Options
    Op or not, a hundred dollar character pack for a mobile game is utter insanity. I could buy him, but I'm not going to. And the heavy handed nerf to the previous price champ just makes that decision easier. I don't have a problem spending on things I enjoy, but I won't be taken advantage of. Nothing above Dooku levels for me going forward, that should save me a nice pile of cash.
  • Options
    I don't want him. Haven't seen the film yet so no appeal. Also haven't encountered him in my server yet strangely.
  • Options
    data90x wrote: »
    My problem is more with the fact he seems VERY overpowered than the fact he exists and costs 79.99. If his AOE turns out to hit as hard as Maul does, and he can do it everytime he's damaged, it means people will only be able to 'win' if concentrating on single target attacks, and even then he's going to pack a punch.

His low health attack is really strong if it critcs as well
  • Options
    I'm seeing him as a low level assist player but that's it. I can imagine the price tag is slowing the pace of people picking him up, along with the difficulty you'll have farming him from one mission which will be a nightmare....
  • Options
    They'd have done better pricing the pack lower. They overshoot the optimal price point with this package. Everyone's been really angry about it. I spend my money primarily on crystal purchases. I enjoy shard farming and anticipation of unlocking new characters. To buy everything I want would destroy the fun for me.
  • Options
    Overshot
  • Options
    I agree it should have been lower price instead of cramming a bunch of crystals in there and charging 100.
  • Chewdoka
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    They charged extra knowing people would spend with all the hype over the film, yes... Lots of people passed and will get him for free by being patient. But I bet enough people bought it to make them a bundle.
  • Options
    holding rank a rank between 20-50 at level 53 total spend $5
  • Options
    He is my favorite character in the movie.... Disney did an amazing job!!! I don't mind spending money on this game as I love it, but I agree $99 is steep. I would have paid $20 all day long for just Kylo Ren. I'll just wait now.
  • Options
    I got a lot more than just Ren when I bought my pack. I now have every new toon but fo officer. Maybe I just got lucky. No where near enough training droids to do anything with them though.
    --Nud Stark--