Ig88 with boba lead

Willkimm98
466 posts Member
edited March 2016
Imagine a team with boba fett lead, darth sidious, poggle, ig88, and poe. (Assuming) Sidious puts dots on the whole enemy team, poggle buffs team, ig88 goes and (assuming) he crits on everyone, that is +75%, 45%, 45% crit damage from boba and his unique. With 165% crit damage will anyone on the team be left? I havent experimented with this but i think it would do around 13-16k on each enemy. What are your thoughts? Is this a possible winning setup or am i just dreaming?
Thanks

Edit: added poggle and poe to setup

Replies

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    IG-88 is dead on that team 100% of the time before he goes. Then you're stuck with Sid's AOE which is just so-so and Fett's AOE that is even worse.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    IG-88 is dead on that team 100% of the time before he goes. Then you're stuck with Sid's AOE which is just so-so and Fett's AOE that is even worse.

Sorry, forgot to add poe.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    IG88 is very squishy, and there are a few characters who go before Poe who can one-shot IG88 (e.g. QGJ as leaders, GS, Rey, Leia). Or if they don't manage to kill him with one blow, many teams will have two of those characters (or Dooku instead), and will still finish him before Poe. Maybe RG instead of Poe in the hope that the first shot doesn't kill him
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    He just so darn squishy.. He's the Maul of droids
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    It would work as you think it will and 88 would pretty much kill the whole team.

However on def you would never win. 88 would be targeted 1st and rest your team wouldn't do much against the other team.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I I havent experimented with this but i think it would do around 13-16k on each enemy.

Not quite. I have this setup and with IG-88 with 1600 phisical damage i can do "only" 7000/7200 damage.
    Anyway he is too squishy, GS can usually one-**** him before poe come into action.

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I I havent experimented with this but i think it would do around 13-16k on each enemy.

Not quite. I have this setup and with IG-88 with 1600 phisical damage i can do "only" 7000/7200 damage.
    Anyway he is too squishy, GS can usually one-**** him before poe come into action.

I was assuming he meant 13-16k combined between the three. Even that is a tad high. Probably is misreading the IG-88 description. It applies per toon he attacks. So if 4 enemy toons all have red dots it doesn't do 60% (4*15%) more damage. It just does 15% more to the red dotted enemy toons than the single toon w/o a red dot.

I believe my max with Sid lead is usually a tad over 6.5k crit damage on dotted enemies. With Sid and Boba leads in challenges I'm able to get close to 8k but obviously that's due to stacked leader damage bonuses.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »

7k on a crit? Do you have boba lead?
    I have heard people say his aoe is critting for 9k on one character with offense up, so i would think with an extra 45% crit damage from boba, he would make that alot higher. Not sure though, just wondering if he would take out the whole team, or if you add kylo, he would likely finish the rest off.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

I was assuming he meant 13-16k combined between the three. Even that is a tad high. Probably is misreading the IG-88 description. It applies per toon he attacks. So if 4 enemy toons all have red dots it doesn't do 60% (4*15%) more damage. It just does 15% more to the red dotted enemy toons than the single toon w/o a red dot.

I believe my max with Sid lead is usually a tad over 6.5k crit damage on dotted enemies. With Sid and Boba leads in challenges I'm able to get close to 8k but obviously that's due to stacked leader damage bonuses.

Actually no you are wrong it would be 60%. I have been using him for a while now and its easiest to see when you are doing the chalanges and you get 2 dots on the support bots and no negative effect on the main boss.... he does supstantially more dmg to the main toon when there are negative effects on the support bots than when there are none. he doesn't just do more dmg to the toon with the negative effect.
  • Boba lead (level 7 -> 50% critical dmg), poggle, sid,poe, ig88 (with 1600 phisical damage), ig-88 with offense up, dots on all 5 enemies, he does over 7k dmg