Why I Don't Bother Refreshing Fleet Anymore

Prev13
A little background. Before Ships 2.0, I normally refreshed fleet. In fact, fleet was one of my favorite parts of the game. Sadly, since the "update" to having only 3 ships instead of 5 and the direct manipulation of the ship meta by CG, I have never refreshed fleet. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt - I've tried to give it "time". But the reality is, ships now is not nearly as enjoyable as it was prior to the "update".

Primarily, because fleet battles are no longer about strategy or synergy. They have been reduced to one lucky (on unlucky) RNG-related event. Battles are now often decided in the opening moments - if certain ship lands a stun or not, or a tank somehow gets that "2% dodge" - which happens at least once per day...which seems much higher than 2%, or one ship or another crits or doesn't or a con flip on which capital ship goes first. And with only 3 starting ships, you don't have the ability, as the player, to mitigate one bad turn of events - like you could prior to the downgrade to 2.0.

Basically, ship arena decreased play ability and strategy while increasing RNG.

Poorly done. And that is why I haven't refreshed ships since 2.0 came out. Please stop trying to "fix" parts of the game that weren't broken.

Unless, of course, the goal was to have players waste less time and crystals on ship arena by making it less engaging - if that was the goal, congrats, you nailed it.
In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

  • There was zero strategy in ships 1.0. Zero. Let’s not pretend that ships 1.0 was some complicated chess match. Everyone used the same lineups and capital ships. Kind of like what we currently have.

    I think with ships 2.0 there was a real opportunity to diversify the meta with all of these different ship reinforcement abilities. The pieces were there to make ships fun. I do agree with you that the decision to go to 3 vs 3 took all of that potential out. It’s so much harder to come back from poor RNG in this setup, which to your point makes ships 2.0 more RNG dependant. So what we have now is really nothing different than ships 1.0. Most people using the same lineups(still more unique lineups that ships 1.0). It’s definitely harder in ships 2.0 to come back from a poor RNG start.
  • I still wish ships would just go away
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I still wish ships would just go away

    Same, never liked any of the gameplay related to ships.
  • They should've just added the new ship abilities without touching the starting lineup! 5 vs 5 was more fun than 3 vs 3.
  • Yeah I don’t refresh fleet either. It’s just not as enjoyable for me as squad arena.
  • I go in, retreat, and collect my daily fleet arena activity

    Same. Fleet is easily the worse part of this game. Hope we don't need ships for the grand arena.
  • ships are awful, but how do you guys get zetas?
  • Dk_rek
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Lol ships is the best part of this game well WAS.

    Ships is currently broke IMO for these reasons.

    1) Battles are over in 30 seconds.

    a) You crush the opening and the battles actually over in 30 seconds

    a.5) Or you get smoked in the opening and some of the following stuff happens...and you can just force close or retreat because continuing is stupid

    b) RNG (Tarkin) hits you get ability blocked. Your stuck behind an HT you cannot kill so AI proceeds to obliterate you while you just build protection. Yes eventually you will kill the HT but YES your going to lose. And you know this in 30 seconds.

    c) RNG hits they dodge once is enough (Thrawn) AI with damage bonus obliterates your fleet enough that you know you lost regardless of what "reinforcements you have" GG 30 seconds.

    There is literally no planning, strategy, fun in the current "you have won or lost in first 30 seconds" Dev's STATED GOAL with 2.0 was to speed up ship battles... WITHIN the concept of you have "worn or lost" in the first 30 seconds they have succeded. Because you win or your force close battle over in 30 seconds.

    This by far is the number one source of the destruction of fun that used to be ships.

    2) They gave us AWESOME reinforcement abilites, we have synergies between rebel/empire capital ships... factions of ships like genos feed off each other. The potential that we have here is amazing. but it currently sucks.

    a) Who cares what 4 reinforcements you lined up....battle is over in 30 seconds... You know if their thrawn is faster and will hit ultimate first (If by some strange reason a battle EVER goes that long) so you make a solid open...or you force close/retreat... what's the point of this grand reinforcement abilites your rolled out...the most anyone is going to bring out is one, before or right after the first reinforcment you know if you won or lost... There is no coming back from 4-1 after a bad open...no reinforcement is going to stop that.

    b) Rollout all the new ship omegas all these upgrades, letting us farm them from ship table and challenges.....why ???? 90% of it all is worthless now.....Probably why the devs should have waited to drop all the GOD tier marquees.... people could have had time to spend money on omegas if they needed them or reinforcement mats when they actually meant something.... With the new ships unless their becomes a need for them 90% of the current ships available are worthless and have 0 REASON to be upgraded.


    3) LOLALOLA Territory battles.... Talk about the most worthless use of ships in the game... 4 or 5 battles you can go in with one ship kill the other 3 then deploy...no waves no strategy it's like the devs said "why bother"

    then you have the doom wave RNG says you win RNG says you lose...whatever by the last stage of TB I don't really care anymore.


    4) TW meh you defend or you attack...you slaughter or they do, or you both defend and no one uses any ships.....pointless literally pointless. Just a way to ensure people actually get rewards by placing.

    I disagree with Sausage 5v5 did have lot's of different strategies available.... I don't know how it would play out now.... probably just like now... Thrawn offense up hide behind HT while Xanadu comes in defense downs everyone then AOE, Ghost AOE then another AOE GG I guess it coudl be 10v10 outcome would be the same..


    SHIPS HAS MORE POTENTIAL than any aspect of this game right now Arena has devolved into utter nonsense....mass assists boom you win....or wait mass revives, mass assists the power creep has devolved arena battle into stupidity.....SHIPS DOES NOT HAVE TO GO THIS WAY...there is actually still time to figure something out and save this game mode...

    But right now it's just broke the opening move win/lose in 15/30 seconds is just ridiculous with all these different synergies, all these different reinforcement skills, factions etc.....

    Ships is literally like a mike tyson fight....you set up all these amazing things going to be an epic fun battle of the ages....BAM KO 15 seconds.....fans feel like they are ripped off and don't come back.

    Your all wrong...ships does not suck, the game mode does not suck. In this game right now ships can be the best part of everything....The ONLY bad thing about ships right now is the way the DEV's have it set up and THEY have the ability to fix it...make it fun again....bring strategy back into it...have epic battles... they just have to UNBREAK what they broke.

    Go back to a long timer fix the HP pools, the damages so a basic is not a OHKO.. The mechanics are there but the damages, HP pools, it's all out of whack.....the whole thing is just out of whack...

    But it can be amazing.....IT CAN BE AMAZING
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    I liked ships before and I like them now. Different, but still fun. I still win almost all the time, but now there's a little more strategy because every single lineup isn't 3 Ties Biggs and Reaper.
  • Dk_rek
    1801 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I still wish ships would just go away

    Same, never liked any of the gameplay related to ships.

    Never liked any of it ???? really ? Please elaborate on what you never liked...They can't fix what THEY DON'T KNOW is broke...

    Reinforcement concept is awesome, some of the ship skills are unique Ships more than anything can be the best part of this game...the devs just have it all out of whack...but it can be fixed.

    As i said in last post..

    HP pools in relation to damages is out of whack

    Having 4 reinforcements when you never use more than one (IN A MEANINGFUL WAY 95% of the time) removes the fun

    TB stages are a joke....one stage too easy for most of a week then BAM last stage will all maxxed G12 ships you get RNG'd no possible recovery

    TW ships has become a joke with double defends or double offensives....You either don't use the ships or your fighting fluff and they are fighting fluff...

    There is a lot more....it's just anything relating to FUN in ships has been removed for this 30 second mechanical RNG fest...Yes ships is HORRIBLE right now..but still has the most potential of any game mode...we just need the DEV's to get involved in ships besides just dumping OP marquees and OP legendaries OP capital ships...

    Give us a raid
    Give us assault battles
    make up a new exciting mode we have not thought of....

    Ships can be the best..If they would invest some time into making it the best....
  • Dk_rek
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    I liked ships before and I like them now. Different, but It's not fun anymore it's a mechanical 30 seconds same openings depending on RNG. I still win almost all the time, but now there's a little more strategy because every single lineup isn't 3 Ties Biggs and Reaper.

    fixed your post....I feel exactly as you do except there is no fun anymore...I still love ships...every battle is over in 30 seconds (the actual battle could last 3 minutes) but you know if you won or lost

    TW and TB are extremely underutilized

    But yeah TVF...with the change I made to your statement I feel almost exactly like you

    But the rosters have settled in...some people have them in different order but almost every fleet is running exactly the same thing with the occasional whale running the god meta (which is fine)

    Wouldn't it be great if we could get to the poitn where it's like arena without the stupidity..

    Nightsisters, Sith, Jedi, Empire hybrids, Straight hybrids... while the gameplay has devolved into OHKO assist fests or revive fests that could take 5-15 minutes on a 5 minute timer there is some ACTUAL DIVERSITY there...

    Ships...everyone running "FOR THE MOST PART" the same 7 ships just in different order

  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I still wish ships would just go away

    Same, never liked any of the gameplay related to ships.

    Never liked any of it ???? really ? Please elaborate on what you never liked...They can't fix what THEY DON'T KNOW is broke...

    Reinforcement concept is awesome, some of the ship skills are unique Ships more than anything can be the best part of this game...the devs just have it all out of whack...but it can be fixed.

    As i said in last post..

    HP pools in relation to damages is out of whack

    Having 4 reinforcements when you never use more than one (IN A MEANINGFUL WAY 95% of the time) removes the fun

    TB stages are a joke....one stage too easy for most of a week then BAM last stage will all maxxed G12 ships you get RNG'd no possible recovery

    TW ships has become a joke with double defends or double offensives....You either don't use the ships or your fighting fluff and they are fighting fluff...

    There is a lot more....it's just anything relating to FUN in ships has been removed for this 30 second mechanical RNG fest...Yes ships is HORRIBLE right now..but still has the most potential of any game mode...we just need the DEV's to get involved in ships besides just dumping OP marquees and OP legendaries OP capital ships...

    Give us a raid
    Give us assault battles
    make up a new exciting mode we have not thought of....

    Ships can be the best..If they would invest some time into making it the best....

    I don't enjoy any part of it whatsoever. The battles are boring. Farming ships is boring. Arena is boring.

    It should have been a standalone game for ppl who actually like it. Although I'm sure it would fail miserably on its own. Honestly I wouldn't even complain about wasted time and resources if they just removed it altogether. It would be 100% worth it in my opinion.
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I liked ships before and I like them now. Different, but It's not fun anymore it's a mechanical 30 seconds same openings depending on RNG. I still win almost all the time, but now there's a little more strategy because every single lineup isn't 3 Ties Biggs and Reaper.

    fixed your post....I feel exactly as you do except there is no fun anymore...I still love ships...every battle is over in 30 seconds (the actual battle could last 3 minutes) but you know if you won or lost

    TW and TB are extremely underutilized

    But yeah TVF...with the change I made to your statement I feel almost exactly like you

    You fixed it for you, fine. That's not my experience at all. But then again I don't rely on the TL RNG game.
  • Dk_rek
    1801 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I still wish ships would just go away

    Same, never liked any of the gameplay related to ships.

    Never liked any of it ???? really ? Please elaborate on what you never liked...They can't fix what THEY DON'T KNOW is broke...

    Reinforcement concept is awesome, some of the ship skills are unique Ships more than anything can be the best part of this game...the devs just have it all out of whack...but it can be fixed.

    As i said in last post..

    HP pools in relation to damages is out of whack

    Having 4 reinforcements when you never use more than one (IN A MEANINGFUL WAY 95% of the time) removes the fun

    TB stages are a joke....one stage too easy for most of a week then BAM last stage will all maxxed G12 ships you get RNG'd no possible recovery

    TW ships has become a joke with double defends or double offensives....You either don't use the ships or your fighting fluff and they are fighting fluff...

    There is a lot more....it's just anything relating to FUN in ships has been removed for this 30 second mechanical RNG fest...Yes ships is HORRIBLE right now..but still has the most potential of any game mode...we just need the DEV's to get involved in ships besides just dumping OP marquees and OP legendaries OP capital ships...

    Give us a raid
    Give us assault battles
    make up a new exciting mode we have not thought of....

    Ships can be the best..If they would invest some time into making it the best....

    I don't enjoy any part of it whatsoever. The battles are boring. Farming ships is boring. Arena is boring.

    It should have been a standalone game for ppl who actually like it. Although I'm sure it would fail miserably on its own. Honestly I wouldn't even complain about wasted time and resources if they just removed it altogether. It would be 100% worth it in my opinion.

    If farming ships is boring then farming any toon should be boring correct ?? Seems odd you think ships would be diffrent from toons.

    Yes, battles are boring....but they can fix that if they choose to.

    Regular Arena is just as boring....you know if you won or lost before you enter battle... Pretty boring to see a revan or traya wall in front of you when refreshing regular arena...where you don't even bother entering battles because no point in playing.....AT LEAST WITH SHIPS..... and the stupid RNG involved in wins and losses you can enter the battle and maybe win if the RNG hits...not so in Arena... So I kinda don't get your point there...

    But yeah battles have become calculator RNG boring...but will never be as boring as Toon Arena
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I still wish ships would just go away

    Same, never liked any of the gameplay related to ships.

    Never liked any of it ???? really ? Please elaborate on what you never liked...They can't fix what THEY DON'T KNOW is broke...

    Reinforcement concept is awesome, some of the ship skills are unique Ships more than anything can be the best part of this game...the devs just have it all out of whack...but it can be fixed.

    As i said in last post..

    HP pools in relation to damages is out of whack

    Having 4 reinforcements when you never use more than one (IN A MEANINGFUL WAY 95% of the time) removes the fun

    TB stages are a joke....one stage too easy for most of a week then BAM last stage will all maxxed G12 ships you get RNG'd no possible recovery

    TW ships has become a joke with double defends or double offensives....You either don't use the ships or your fighting fluff and they are fighting fluff...

    There is a lot more....it's just anything relating to FUN in ships has been removed for this 30 second mechanical RNG fest...Yes ships is HORRIBLE right now..but still has the most potential of any game mode...we just need the DEV's to get involved in ships besides just dumping OP marquees and OP legendaries OP capital ships...

    Give us a raid
    Give us assault battles
    make up a new exciting mode we have not thought of....

    Ships can be the best..If they would invest some time into making it the best....

    I don't enjoy any part of it whatsoever. The battles are boring. Farming ships is boring. Arena is boring.

    It should have been a standalone game for ppl who actually like it. Although I'm sure it would fail miserably on its own. Honestly I wouldn't even complain about wasted time and resources if they just removed it altogether. It would be 100% worth it in my opinion.

    If farming ships is boring then farming any toon should be boring correct ?? Seems odd you think ships would be diffrent from toons.

    Yes, battles are boring....but they can fix that if they choose to.

    Regular Arena is just as boring....you know if you won or lost before you enter battle... Pretty boring to see a revan or traya wall in front of you when refreshing regular arena...where you don't even bother entering battles because no point in playing.....AT LEAST WITH SHIPS..... and the stupid RNG involved in wins and losses you can enter the battle and maybe win if the RNG hits...not so in Arena... So I kinda don't get your point there...

    But yeah battles have become calculator RNG boring...but will never be as boring as Toon Arena

    Idk I guess since I enjoy the rest of the game more, I get more sense of accomplishment when leveling/gearing/starring toons that I'm excited about so I don't find it as boring. The grind may be exactly the same, but I feel differently about it.
  • Let's not forget "broadcast that the new meta is going to be an otherwise worthless faction, then drop a single ship which makes that meta practically irrelevant" (Geos and Houndstooth).

    So yeah, there's that. I've set my expectations on two to three months of utility before grand master tells me what to develop next to stay relevant in my perspective arenas.
  • TVF wrote: »

    You fixed it for you, fine. That's not my experience at all. But then again I don't rely on the TL RNG game.

    Indeed - it's a nice feeling to be free of that die roll. I've actually found a combination that works really well (on offense at least) and doesn't rely on whether or not I land a debuff. It's allowed me to put Vader back in reinforcements, where he really shines.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    1801 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I liked ships before and I like them now. Different, but It's not fun anymore it's a mechanical 30 seconds same openings depending on RNG. I still win almost all the time, but now there's a little more strategy because every single lineup isn't 3 Ties Biggs and Reaper.

    fixed your post....I feel exactly as you do except there is no fun anymore...I still love ships...every battle is over in 30 seconds (the actual battle could last 3 minutes) but you know if you won or lost

    TW and TB are extremely underutilized

    But yeah TVF...with the change I made to your statement I feel almost exactly like you

    You fixed it for you, fine. That's not my experience at all. But then again I don't rely on the TL RNG game.

    Not sure what you mean about the TL thing ? I don't have a single ship that can target lock out of 7...check that lando falcon can TL think but since he never get's used......

    I'm just confused I said I mostly agreed with ya. check.

    You said you disagree. Check.

    up till there I gotcha 100%.. Just lost ya on Target lock RNG game thing..

    I don't think i have ever noticed the 2% RNG dodge thing
    I stopped trying to land a debuff on the HT cause it was kinda pointless for a while there.

    I do talk about RNG in terms of what "a lot of the complaints posted" are.

    Me personally my battles are pointless. everyone run tarkin in my shard...If the Ability block hits I force close or retreat because I lost (yup 10 seconds in fun huh).

    Thrawn vs thrawn is sketchy for me because i'm only 155 speed so I'm always going to lose a match that goes past first reinforce so again it's win in 30 seconds or forceclose....

    I won't lie I was having fun playing Ackbar was kind of refreshing until HT dropped...

    My fleets is the worst block graph ever only two blocks

    (Did Tarkin hit ability block yes/no) If yes : Retreat you lost. If No : Win (Graph over)
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    Let's not forget "broadcast that the new meta is going to be an otherwise worthless faction, then drop a single ship which makes that meta practically irrelevant" (Geos and Houndstooth).


    If you think HT made Geos irrelevant, then you're probably just using them wrong.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I still wish ships would just go away

    Same, never liked any of the gameplay related to ships.

    Never liked any of it ???? really ? Please elaborate on what you never liked...They can't fix what THEY DON'T KNOW is broke...

    Reinforcement concept is awesome, some of the ship skills are unique Ships more than anything can be the best part of this game...the devs just have it all out of whack...but it can be fixed.

    As i said in last post..

    HP pools in relation to damages is out of whack

    Having 4 reinforcements when you never use more than one (IN A MEANINGFUL WAY 95% of the time) removes the fun

    TB stages are a joke....one stage too easy for most of a week then BAM last stage will all maxxed G12 ships you get RNG'd no possible recovery

    TW ships has become a joke with double defends or double offensives....You either don't use the ships or your fighting fluff and they are fighting fluff...

    There is a lot more....it's just anything relating to FUN in ships has been removed for this 30 second mechanical RNG fest...Yes ships is HORRIBLE right now..but still has the most potential of any game mode...we just need the DEV's to get involved in ships besides just dumping OP marquees and OP legendaries OP capital ships...

    Give us a raid
    Give us assault battles
    make up a new exciting mode we have not thought of....

    Ships can be the best..If they would invest some time into making it the best....
    Not much has changed for me with 2.0 compared to 1.0, it's still basically the same. I also don't feel like playing a second arena one hour after the first arena. I gave it a shot twice, once after they introduced crystals as a reward, and again when the top 50 rewarded crystals, gave up pretty soon both times. Not worth the effort for me, maybe it would have been if i was on an easier leaderboard, who knows.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Not much has changed for me with 2.0 compared to 1.0, it's still basically the same. I also don't feel like playing a second arena one hour after the first arena. I gave it a shot twice, once after they introduced crystals as a reward, and again when the top 50 rewarded crystals, gave up pretty soon both times. Not worth the effort for me, maybe it would have been if i was on an easier leaderboard, who knows.

    (please note that the use of "you" below is generic, and not targeted at you specifically)

    I think people forget that it's an arena, just like squad. People that want to be at the top of squad arena have to work to stay there. Fleet is no different. If you want to be at the top of fleet, you have to work to be there.

    This may mean things like zeta'ing tarkin, or bossk, or vader, etc. Gearing geonosians. Working on your fleet. Not just taking your squad arena toons and putting them in ships.

    I've focused on ships since they unlocked. Tie pilot was my first G12. I've been in the top 20 (now top 3) pretty much continuously, both in 1.0 and then 2.0. But it's required constant attention and investment to do so. I'm finally reaching the top 50 in squad (without any pilots ironically), but it was never a priority so it's taken time and investment to get caught up there.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF wrote: »
    Let's not forget "broadcast that the new meta is going to be an otherwise worthless faction, then drop a single ship which makes that meta practically irrelevant" (Geos and Houndstooth).


    If you think HT made Geos irrelevant, then you're probably just using them wrong.

    @TVF It's entirely possible, please enlighten me. With defense down, he's easy, but if you don't have a cleanse (and there aren't many), then a dispel is pretty useless as he just regains the buff. All of the low power assists from soldier just feed him protection and you can't get off of his taunt.
  • Dk_rek
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Let's not forget "broadcast that the new meta is going to be an otherwise worthless faction, then drop a single ship which makes that meta practically irrelevant" (Geos and Houndstooth).


    If you think HT made Geos irrelevant, then you're probably just using them wrong.

    @TVF It's entirely possible, please enlighten me. With defense down, he's easy, but if you don't have a cleanse (and there aren't many), then a dispel is pretty useless as he just regains the buff. All of the low power assists from soldier just feed him protection and you can't get off of his taunt.

    TVF is correct.

    Under ackbar you must get lucky kinda but the gist is you open with ackbars heal for advantage, burst damage should hurt the HT. Then you need to stun HT and call in wedge (max reinforce) or kylo shuttle then while stunned you can now kill the tooth.

    Under Thrawn it's way easier... save stun, open with thrawn heal, burst HT if not dead, soldier assist, if not dead stun with sun fac, call in wedge HT dead

    Geo's with thrawn best way to deal with HT.... now if your fighting tarkin...if he ability blocks you just retreat try again in 10 minutes repeat repeat repeat


    IF ht coming in as a reinforcement use the heal from thrawn, kill 2 ships...it's 3v1 at taht point...wait till burst, assist, stun and heal reset then just ride it out
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Geos with Tarkin works just fine too, especially if you call Reaper for defense down and buff wipe.

    With the one 7* HT on my shard atm, I usually just play the waiting game until I get to Tarkin's ultimate. Sometimes I can win before that though.
  • ships are awful, but needed for zetas. carry one
  • Dk_rek
    1801 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Boov wrote: »
    Not much has changed for me with 2.0 compared to 1.0, it's still basically the same. I also don't feel like playing a second arena one hour after the first arena. I gave it a shot twice, once after they introduced crystals as a reward, and again when the top 50 rewarded crystals, gave up pretty soon both times. Not worth the effort for me, maybe it would have been if i was on an easier leaderboard, who knows.

    (please note that the use of "you" below is generic, and not targeted at you specifically)

    I think people forget that it's an arena, just like squad. People that want to be at the top of squad arena have to work to stay there. Fleet is no different. If you want to be at the top of fleet, you have to work to be there.

    This may mean things like zeta'ing tarkin, or bossk, or vader, etc. Gearing geonosians. Working on your fleet. Not just taking your squad arena toons and putting them in ships.

    I've focused on ships since they unlocked. Tie pilot was my first G12. I've been in the top 20 (now top 3) pretty much continuously, both in 1.0 and then 2.0. But it's required constant attention and investment to do so. I'm finally reaching the top 50 in squad (without any pilots ironically), but it was never a priority so it's taken time and investment to get caught up there.

    So much this.... people saying "meh" not worth my effort...are totally within their right to do so...

    But I cannot fathom how 6 zetas and 2800 crystals a week is not worth the effort....

    Sure arena gives more crystals....but what else ??? 10/20 prestige... 1 mil credits now and then ?Ships way more worth it..... difference between having 10 Zetas on toons and having 30 Zetas on toons Huge impact for TB, TW, Raids etc.... (I do get some people ONLY care about arena so you you only need 5 zetas or so once a year...totally understand)

    But the difference between 50th and 1st every day is like 5 FULL zetas a year.. (Maybe not that big a deal) but after 2 years....3..... look at grand arena coming... 10-15 zeta difference hard to combat in a game mode like that
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    I'm also pretty sure it's much easier to get to the top in ships versus fleet in most shards.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm also pretty sure it's much easier to get to the top in ships versus fleet in most shards.

    Agree...

    10x so for people who started a 2nd account... probably sandbang as long as they can before they get added to shard... sitting on 1st an hour later with God fleet compared to regular ole joe who knew nothing about how any of that stuff worked.
  • I lost 4 times today in fleet arena against a team that I have beaten many times, all because of RNG. Kinda frustrating.
Sign In or Register to comment.