Turn meter manipulation - EP(L), Sion, DN, Vader, Thrawn

Ok, I am lost. First of all I 've just read this:
t5z02wzmt23t.png
Is this true? Why the heck would RNG decide for that instead of having TM boost go over 1000, thus having the truely faster toon go next, after a turn meter manipulation skill/unique?

I mean it is not logical to have the fastest vader/thrawn/nihilus and after my vader, there goes the enemy Nihilus screwing my cds... Is there a way around this? Or anyone got more info on how this works?

Replies

• Options
    That is exactly how it has been working for a long long time.

Except now for moves which swap turns like Thrawn or gain bonus turn, I believe they fixed it to always go next.
  • Options
    So from what you are saying every point of speed after the TM bar is filled is worthless.
  • Options
    Yes, and this has already been discussed a lot in this forum. Mirror matches of EP lead Sith/Empire squads are highly rng dependent and speed of the toons is by far not as important as for other (mirror) matches.
  • Options
    That is dumb. It makes the value of a well modded character less important in my opinion.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Except now for moves which swap turns like Thrawn or gain bonus turn, I believe they fixed it to always go next.

Not every bonus turn works this way. GMY's 'immediate bonus turn' is the only one that does AFAIK.

And yes, Thrawn's TM swap does as you described it (was his ability description updated btw.? At first they changed the mechanic but left the old description).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Articled wrote: »
    Ok, I am lost. First of all I 've just read this:
    t5z02wzmt23t.png
    Is this true? Why the heck would RNG decide for that instead of having TM boost go over 1000, thus having the truely faster toon go next, after a turn meter manipulation skill/unique?

I mean it is not logical to have the fastest vader/thrawn/nihilus and after my vader, there goes the enemy Nihilus screwing my cds... Is there a way around this? Or anyone got more info on how this works?

The way around this is to open wity Vader's basic to ability block the enemy Thrawn instead of using his AoE. After that go with EP/DN AoE and hope for full stun and CD increase.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    The way around this is to open wity Vader's basic to ability block the enemy Thrawn instead of using his AoE. After that go with EP/DN AoE and hope for full stun and CD increase.
    The thing is, it is unfair in my opinion to have the best mods overall and the opponent has more speed on only vader, or only thrawn and play first because of the RNG.
    Also what you say can work only if my vader AND thrawn are both faster than the enemy's right?

• Articled
    23 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

It actually happened to me many times to have used thrawn's TM swap and then one other toon go before my toon with the swapped TM. But I think this happens only if more than one TM bar is filled.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    The thing is, it is unfair in my opinion to have the best mods overall and the opponent has more speed on only vader, or only thrawn and play first because of the RNG.
    Also what you say can work only if my vader AND thrawn are both faster than the enemy's right?

I assumed from your original post, that by having the fastest Vader/Thrawn/Nihilus, you meant that all 3 of them are faster that the opponent's characters. But no, it doesn't really matter. If you open by putting ability block on the enemy Thrawn, next move would be the enemy's Vader using his AoE on you, feeding your team TM to full. Thrawn's speed doesn't really matter for your opening moves then.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

It actually happened to me many times to have used thrawn's TM swap and then one other toon go before my toon with the swapped TM. But I think this happens only if more than one TM bar is filled.

It used to be that way, but a couple of months ago the ability was changed to always guarantee the target taking the next turn. However, they didn't update the in—game ability description. Before the update the description was accurate. After the update it isn't. The description doesn't mention the guaranteed next turn by the target.