Wasted Zeta Abilites

Slappy
25 posts Member
edited November 2018
How many zeta abilities is the development team going to make irrelevant in the game? Please refund us our useless zeta investments! Or allow us to swap them within our inventory 1 time.
Examples: QGJ and GMY leadership zetas are useless due to new mechanics and toons. Most just wanted to have a viable Jedi team so we settled.

You messed up Old Daka with zombie rework and had to bite the bullet in that.

Please, show some consideration of your patrons hard earned currency. Not to mention the horrible drops rate with zetas on fleet challenges. I went 52 straight challenges without receiving a zeta.
Post edited by Slappy on

Replies

• Considering it's a constantly developing game, I don't feel being able to choose to refund zetas is a viable option. You had the zeta for a time and earned rewards based off of having said zeta. If you want the refund, should CG go back through server logs and refund to themselves all the rewards/resources you earned by utilizing said zeta?

You spent the resources, you earned the rewards. Just because it's not useful now doesn't mean you get to use it elsewhere. That'd be like driving a car for five years then demanding full value exchange because a newer, better car came along. Nope.

That being said; Grand Master Yoda's leadership zeta was a completely shameful move on their part. They obviously knew Bastila was incoming a few weeks later, yet they trumpeted their new Yoda rework and got countless players to bite on a completely useless zeta now.

Even if you run two very strong Jedi teams, guaranteed Yoda is not the leader on one of them. He's an asset for DPS and buffs, but not leadership.
  • Slappy
    25 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree that the game is always changing and to request zeta ability refunds would be unrealistic but your comment about GMY zeta and Bass is my point exactly. Why do that to us? I think that a one time zeta swap in our own inventory is credible though. Thx for comment.
  • GMY zeta is far from worthless. I do significantly more damage with gmy lead then bastilla lead in p1 and p4. Sure in hstr it's not possible to use him in both phases, but for those of us still on normal that zeta is a big boost in damage.
  • Slappy
    25 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    DuneFlint. Like I said his leader zeta is useless. Thanks for reiterating that point.

Corrupted. Yea it’s crazy stuff. I just don’t think they really care about the gaming community that pays their bills.

• I will say, however; most of the BH have a real niche where each leadership Zeta really shines.
  • That’s true. Hsith, TW bounties. List is relevant. GMY useless. Give it back to us please.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    While i too regret zeta-ing GMY lead, soon after i did bastila was released, i do not think that warrants a refund.

• Slappy wrote: »
    DuneFlint. Like I said his leader zeta is useless. Thanks for reiterating that point.

Corrupted. Yea it’s crazy stuff. I just don’t think they really care about the gaming community that pays their bills.

How exactly does me saying he is in fact quite useful for those of us not on hstr equate to me saying he's worthless? My gmy lead jedi team does as much if not more damage in p1 as my fully zetad/well modded jtr team. In p1 my gmy lead does twice as much damage as my bastilla lead team can do. But sure that was me reiterating your point that his zeta is worthless?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @DuneFlint

If all @Slappy looks at is usefulness in HSTR then I guess he is arguing that it is useless.

However; there are a great many of us that don't do HSTR and also run multiple other teams elsewhere, and certain zetas make those teams better.

My argument for it being a wasted Zeta was purely from an arena and timing standpoint. The devs knew they had Bastila in the works/finalized but did it anyway.
  • I have many Zetas I wish I had back... many leaderships.... that should be a lesson.... If you zeta a leadership (specifically for an arena meta) know that it can become less useful down the road.

With TW and TB however, you can make use of those older zetas, and factions you have long since benched in arena.
  • We make choices based on the game today, knowing it may change tomorrow. In the rare case that they alter a toon to an extreme case, that would be an exception and they have refunded zetas in that case. But just because something else comes out that makes yours obsolete doesn't mean you get a refund. You still have the zeta, and it still works exactly like it did the day you bought it. Was Samsung supposed to refund everyone who bought a 1080p TV when the 4k were released?
  • Slappy
    25 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    We’re not buying a tv. The tv would still be a functional device that carries value to the owner. GMY not so much. Not everyone will agree on this but when you zeta a toon it’s value should be relevant for ALL tiers of players throughout the game. Besides that, my gripe is exactly what @Vendi1983 posted in that the release of his leadership ability and bastillas was not good business or timing imo. Many players were eager to finally have a viable jedi faction and the ONLY way that was even a possibility was with GMY leadership at time. So we zeta him thinking we have a decent faction then Bastilla makes his zeta obsolete especially since you could have just put one on him and had a viable faction.

One more thing. A refund is just an option. But I think it would benefit the whole swgoh gaming community if they were permitted to move one zeta ability amongst their ineventory.
    Post edited by Slappy on
  • Slappy wrote: »
    We’re not buying a tv. The tv would still be a functional device that carries value to the owner. GMY not so much. Not everyone will agree on this but when you zeta a toon it’s value should be relevant for ALL tiers of players throughout the game. Besides that, my gripe is exactly what @Vendi1983 posted in that the release of his leadership ability and bastillas was not good business or timing imo. Many players were eager to finally have a viable jedi faction and the ONLY way that was even a possibility was with GMY leadership at time. So we zeta him thinking we have a decent faction then Bastilla makes his zeta obsolete especially since you could have just put one on him and had a viable faction.

One more thing. A refund is just an option. But I think it would benefit the whole swgoh gaming community if they were permitted to move one zeta ability amongst their ineventory.

Your zeta is still a device that carries functional device to the owner. It still does exactly what it did on day one. Like the newer one better? Then buy that one. It's the exact strategy literally every business in the world uses. New phone, new computer, new car... You don't get a refund because the new one is better!
  • Except it would be akin to Apple going "Here's the iPhone 10 that you've been waiting months and even years for!" Then not even a month later saying "Wait! Here's the even better iPhone 11!" At least most businesses let you get some use out of it. Or give you a heads up that something better is coming along.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Except it would be akin to Apple going "Here's the iPhone 10 that you've been waiting months and even years for!" Then not even a month later saying "Wait! Here's the even better iPhone 11!" At least most businesses let you get some use out of it. Or give you a heads up that something better is coming along.

Sure, if you paid $900 for a zeta
  • Price is not the problem. The problem is the shady business practice. They've been doing it more and more lately. Revan/DS Bastila? Literally weeks apart from their biggest P2P character (yes some got him F2P, but he was essentially a bought character).
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Price is not the problem. The problem is the shady business practice. They've been doing it more and more lately. Revan/DS Bastila? Literally weeks apart from their biggest P2P character (yes some got him F2P, but he was essentially a bought character).

If price wasn't the issue, OP would ask them to stop doing it, rather than request a refund. Complaining about a business practice is a right we all have as consumers. Suggesting they owe us because we voluntarily bought and received something that later didn't seem as good is completely different.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    But if they had to refund every resource invested in a soon to be outdated character, there would be no end to the refunds. Following the same logic the bastila zeta that made GMY's zeta obsolete is susceptible for a refund aswell because her's was made obsolete by Revan.
    I believe there was more time inbetween bastila release and revan's release than there was between the GMY rework and bastila release, but whatever arbitrary amount of time is set to trigger a refund is exactly that, arbitrary.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @CCyrilS If you re-read my original reply to the OP, which perhaps you haven't, I agree with you and made many of the same argument that a refund/swap ability doesn't make sense.

My only complaint is CGs questionable release/rework cadence lately where they nullify expensive in-game resource expenditures shortly after they're completed.

For an average player who really liked Jedi but was struggling to utilize them, it probably took a good amount of time to save up the zeta to throw on the newly announced reworked GMY. A rework that was trumpeted across all their Game Changer members, etc etc. Flaunted here on these very forums as long-overdue and extensive.

... Then BAM.... Bastila.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @CCyrilS If you re-read my original reply to the OP, which perhaps you haven't, I agree with you and made many of the same argument that a refund/swap ability doesn't make sense.

My only complaint is CGs questionable release/rework cadence lately where they nullify expensive in-game resource expenditures shortly after they're completed.

For an average player who really liked Jedi but was struggling to utilize them, it probably took a good amount of time to save up the zeta to throw on the newly announced reworked GMY. A rework that was trumpeted across all their Game Changer members, etc etc. Flaunted here on these very forums as long-overdue and extensive.

... Then BAM.... Bastila.

Fair enough. When you likened it to the new cell phone release, cost did become relevant, but I understand and agree with what you meant.
  • Slappy
    25 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Look I have like 44 zetas on toons and understand the argument of stuff being outdated. I’m not lacking or struggling with the game. I’m making the argument that they need to address this kinda of thing. I highlighted Only in previous post to exclemate the fact that the toon was the only source of making the Jedi faction viable and then once I invested the resource its initial viability for the faction was immediately trumped with bass.

If I could use his lead in a way that actually made a difference to my guild or game progression I wouldn’t be complaining. But that’s not the case.

https://swgoh.gg/p/847887873/

• The OP perfectly connects with my post on GP based matchmaking. Wasted Zetas or anything can be detrimental to not only usefulness, but also ability.
  • Exactly
  • Um QGJ is still one of the best leaders in the game right now. His zeta is better than Bastillas tbh. No zeta is wasted if you know how to use it. I still roll with QGJ lead in my 3yr old shard and place top 200.
  • @jejuzang do you have a zeta on bass? I wouldn’t say being top 200 in arena is a case for a leader ability being called one of the best in the game.