HAAT P1 solo, no escapes & no ABC use??

2Next

Replies

  • One of the biggest problems with not using CLS on a P1 team is the need for Tenacity Down. A Brotini team only works so incredibly well because of CLS' TD on special. He's the only TMR character that inflicts it, so you'll need to bring someone else along or put up with either a need for ridiculous amounts of Potency or a ton of resisted TMR attempts.

    My own vote would be a really fast Jyn. Her special has a 2-turn cooldown, she grants advantage to allies, and steals the removed TM for herself, in effect reducing her time between TMR. And her unique grants her stacking Potency if you ignored paragraph 1.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    No mention of Datcha in the thread? his lead effects everyone and allows everyone to reduce TM, makes even QGJ's TM removal reliable since he gets two checks from every single basic, and Datcha always calls assists, which if you have basic assists removing TM, always removes some TM. (Great when he calls Datcha to assist and you get a three hit swing)

    Unfortunately GMY is stull bugged and only removes TM from his special before GG gains TM (I reported this, apparently only Jyn Erso does this as well, with GMY being the outlier to other TM removal characters) So what I do is on the last hit, I make GMY use his aoe, then use his tm reduction after.

    There is toons that can do it without needing CLS/Han, thing is CLS/Han and Datcha allow you to auto it even easier.

    CLS in general owns P1 (you need him for Buff immunity) Like you need buff immunity.

    OP didn't want to use cls and han, so no dathcha

    Datcha may still work without CLS and Han. Datcha lead, one buff immunity applier (several to choose from) and 3 attackers that remove TM with their basic (only few to choose from) may work.

    QGJ and Rex both have some utility that works well in this phase. Ewok scout or Chewie will do as well.

    No. Sorry. "May work" is because you didnt try. You are currently 'theorycrafting' but we already know theory and reality often different.
    Try it and let us know. It's much harder than you think it is, it's not reliable without Han and CLS paired with datcha.
    And yeah, I'm a former datcha, CLS Han user for P1, on auto, so I know that power of datcha. (And JE)

    1. I never claimed that I tried it. Key words: "may work". — and yes, it may work. There's all the needed mechanics available. Yes, I tried QGJ and Rex under Datcha lead and they are great.

    2. Of course it would be more unreliable than using CLS. CLS is reliable. That's why people use him. However, OP is looking for a team without CLS and Han. That's his requirements — not mine. Datcha, CLS and Han works with mediocre mods. My suggested team will require high speed and some more luck with TM removal but again: Yes, it may work.

    3. OP is not looking for a team to solo p1 on auto. He's looking for a team that does big damage in p1. Again: His requirement.

    4. " .... and let us know." I don't care about letting you know. My comment was to OP. If I try the team I'll let him know of course.

    Big damage ? Kenobi sink will probably do better than this...

    Using a 5* Kenobi? I believe OP is looking for teams with farmable characters.
    to have success with Datcha, QGj, Rex team you'll need some really good modding and high gear for that.

    Yes? What's your point? Moving mods around is easy now with the loadouts. Using your best mods for a raid is easy now. I see no problem here.
    when i say they arent reliable as CLS, i mean they are NOWHERE NEAR reliable as CLS.
    again, you just *thinking* this team can work. it may work, but i really doubt this will work, especially for OP.

    I have been using Datcha, QGJ and Rex together with CLS and Han for a long time. I find QGJ and Rex to be sufficiently reliable and to have great utility for the phase (buff removal, cleanse, tenacity up, TM gain for your team, assist calling, along with the TM removal on basic).
    you claim you wanna help him, but his QGJ and Rex arent even close to be ready for raids.

    Yet they are more easily farmable than the GK you suggested. And judging by OP's response he found the idea of using Datcha interesting.
    you just wanna sound smart on forums while thinking about "theory craft" teams. thats all.

    Lay off the personal attacks.
    when i used Datcha CLS Han for p1, it was with the intention to retreat CLS eventually, and you can have 3 tries to retreat if you do it right. its much more effective than telling OP to farm QGJ and Rex for this raid now.
    No retreats is another requirement from the OP. And no use of CLS and Han which he uses for his ABC team. How helpful do you think your repetitive mention of CLS is?

    Lol.. you are... Lol.
    Well, if OP wanna listen to you, good luck to him with that. You have no idea what you suggesting, it's not a personal attack, you are just misleading people here.
    Still waiting for your screenshot of how good and reliable that is.
  • Waqui
    8236 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    No mention of Datcha in the thread? his lead effects everyone and allows everyone to reduce TM, makes even QGJ's TM removal reliable since he gets two checks from every single basic, and Datcha always calls assists, which if you have basic assists removing TM, always removes some TM. (Great when he calls Datcha to assist and you get a three hit swing)

    Unfortunately GMY is stull bugged and only removes TM from his special before GG gains TM (I reported this, apparently only Jyn Erso does this as well, with GMY being the outlier to other TM removal characters) So what I do is on the last hit, I make GMY use his aoe, then use his tm reduction after.

    There is toons that can do it without needing CLS/Han, thing is CLS/Han and Datcha allow you to auto it even easier.

    CLS in general owns P1 (you need him for Buff immunity) Like you need buff immunity.

    OP didn't want to use cls and han, so no dathcha

    Datcha may still work without CLS and Han. Datcha lead, one buff immunity applier (several to choose from) and 3 attackers that remove TM with their basic (only few to choose from) may work.

    QGJ and Rex both have some utility that works well in this phase. Ewok scout or Chewie will do as well.

    No. Sorry. "May work" is because you didnt try. You are currently 'theorycrafting' but we already know theory and reality often different.
    Try it and let us know. It's much harder than you think it is, it's not reliable without Han and CLS paired with datcha.
    And yeah, I'm a former datcha, CLS Han user for P1, on auto, so I know that power of datcha. (And JE)

    1. I never claimed that I tried it. Key words: "may work". — and yes, it may work. There's all the needed mechanics available. Yes, I tried QGJ and Rex under Datcha lead and they are great.

    2. Of course it would be more unreliable than using CLS. CLS is reliable. That's why people use him. However, OP is looking for a team without CLS and Han. That's his requirements — not mine. Datcha, CLS and Han works with mediocre mods. My suggested team will require high speed and some more luck with TM removal but again: Yes, it may work.

    3. OP is not looking for a team to solo p1 on auto. He's looking for a team that does big damage in p1. Again: His requirement.

    4. " .... and let us know." I don't care about letting you know. My comment was to OP. If I try the team I'll let him know of course.

    Big damage ? Kenobi sink will probably do better than this...

    Using a 5* Kenobi? I believe OP is looking for teams with farmable characters.
    to have success with Datcha, QGj, Rex team you'll need some really good modding and high gear for that.

    Yes? What's your point? Moving mods around is easy now with the loadouts. Using your best mods for a raid is easy now. I see no problem here.
    when i say they arent reliable as CLS, i mean they are NOWHERE NEAR reliable as CLS.
    again, you just *thinking* this team can work. it may work, but i really doubt this will work, especially for OP.

    I have been using Datcha, QGJ and Rex together with CLS and Han for a long time. I find QGJ and Rex to be sufficiently reliable and to have great utility for the phase (buff removal, cleanse, tenacity up, TM gain for your team, assist calling, along with the TM removal on basic).
    you claim you wanna help him, but his QGJ and Rex arent even close to be ready for raids.

    Yet they are more easily farmable than the GK you suggested. And judging by OP's response he found the idea of using Datcha interesting.
    you just wanna sound smart on forums while thinking about "theory craft" teams. thats all.

    Lay off the personal attacks.
    when i used Datcha CLS Han for p1, it was with the intention to retreat CLS eventually, and you can have 3 tries to retreat if you do it right. its much more effective than telling OP to farm QGJ and Rex for this raid now.
    No retreats is another requirement from the OP. And no use of CLS and Han which he uses for his ABC team. How helpful do you think your repetitive mention of CLS is?

    Lol.. you are... Lol.
    Well, if OP wanna listen to you, good luck to him with that. You have no idea what you suggesting, it's not a personal attack, you are just misleading people here.
    Still waiting for your screenshot of how good and reliable that is.

    I am perfectly aware of what I'm suggesting and perfectly aware of my use of the wording 'may work'.

    Furthermore, unlike you, I understand the OP's requirements. Again, unlike you, I'm aware that it wasn't my suggestion originaly, but instead Gorem's suggestion, which I took a bit further.

    If you are really here to help the OP and not just to harrass and ridicule others, you should come up with your own suggestions (be aware of OP's requirements this time).
  • Waqui
    8236 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    One of the biggest problems with not using CLS on a P1 team is the need for Tenacity Down. A Brotini team only works so incredibly well because of CLS' TD on special. He's the only TMR character that inflicts it, so you'll need to bring someone else along or put up with either a need for ridiculous amounts of Potency or a ton of resisted TMR attempts.

    TFP doesn't remove TM like CLS, but he inflicts both tenacity down and buff immunity. If using TFP instead of Anakin (or similar for buff immunity), then TFP will be the only one to require high potency.

  • @Waqui Exactly why I said:

    "so you'll need to bring someone else along or put up with either a need for ridiculous amounts of Potency or a ton of resisted TMR attempts."

    1 - TFP would satisfy the first part of "bring someone else along"

    2 - He also doesn't need to be modded for potency to apply Tenacity Down. He needs to critical. Once he's put it on, potency is irrelevant, he can apply Buff Immunity on his next turn.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Alright, let's please leave the personal remarks and arguing off the forums. This kind of behavior isn't okay, let's get back on track and keep the conversation civil.
  • Waqui
    8236 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Waqui Exactly why I said:

    "so you'll need to bring someone else along or put up with either a need for ridiculous amounts of Potency or a ton of resisted TMR attempts."

    I didn't correct you. I simply suggested a character which applies both buff immunity and tenacity down other than CLS.

    And yes, if applying tenacity down first, he doesn't need potency.
  • I never said you corrected me. ;)
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    One of the biggest problems with not using CLS on a P1 team is the need for Tenacity Down. A Brotini team only works so incredibly well because of CLS' TD on special. He's the only TMR character that inflicts it, so you'll need to bring someone else along or put up with either a need for ridiculous amounts of Potency or a ton of resisted TMR attempts.

    My own vote would be a really fast Jyn. Her special has a 2-turn cooldown, she grants advantage to allies, and steals the removed TM for herself, in effect reducing her time between TMR. And her unique grants her stacking Potency if you ignored paragraph 1.

    There is one glaring problem with Jyn in P1, is that at the seventh hit, her TMR is useless. This is due to the fact that they changed her tmr to be before the damage. So Jyn removes nothing, damages, GG takes a turn. This change was to help her still steal TM when she killed an enemy, but made her worse against GG. Otherwise she would be a perfect fit.

    Waqui has suddenly made me want to level Rex up now though, quite interested to see how he does now, would actually be a better fit to the team I use. And thanks EA_Cian for stepping in, I like this thread and the theories we coming up with :)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Hey, I'm looking for a squad I can use in HAAT Phase-1 that does NOT require multiple escapes and runs (i.e. not Kylo) one which can either solo or do a large % of P1 in 1-run BUT also does not use characters from my ABC squad (currently I use ABC+RaidHan+Thrawn)

    Basically I'm not ready to do a HAAT Solo and I want to keep my ABC squad for soloing P3 & P4 but I'd also like a 2nd separate squad I can use for big P1 damage
    Here's my inventory if you want to check my chars: https://swgoh.gg/p/762722773/
    Suggestions??

    If if were you would run a team with cls. I can understand not wanting to run cls and raid han in the same phase 1 teams as retreating both of them sucks but running another team and just retreating CLS should be doable.

    Looking at characters you have. Datcha lead cls foo magma and tarkin should manage somewhat solid damage and you only need one retreat to work.
Sign In or Register to comment.