Boba Fett’s Payout

So I have Boba’s payout maxed, but it looks like it’s not giving me the level 3 stats. Check out the two screenshots. Why doesn’t it show defense penetration at 200% in the contract status?mox3nhp6i0qp.jpeg
e47y1ah2k52p.jpeg

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    EDIT: Good call. Could be a visual bug. Submit a bug report so that CG can look into it
  • Right, probably a visual bug...and seems hard to quantify if you're getting the bonus defense penetration anyway. Out of curiosity what is your Boba Fett's current Defense Penetration before it was multiplied by 200%?
  • Defense Penetration (under General) or Armor Penetration (under Physical Offense)?
  • I ask only because my Armor Penetration is the same at 43 and I could increase that with some G12 pieces. My Defense Penetration on my G12 Boba Fett is currently at 0% and I'm not even sure how to increase it...again which is why I said this could be hard to calculate even if it wasn't a visual bug since there are not clear formulas to calculate what "Defense Penetration" does anyway.

"Ignores a percentage of enemy's Defense" is fine, but when there is no clearly defined "Defense" stat like there is for Armor, Protection, Health, etc. it's a little muddy what exactly this is ignoring. Ignoring Armor, Protection, Health, a little bit of all...?
  • Agreed and that's why I think it's dumb to have a bonus based on someone's Defense Penetration...when that is listed at 0. If they just said Armor Penetration, unless they're preparing for something awesome in the future that we don't even know about... :)
  • The defense penetration line is bogus it actually goes by armor penetration
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    The defense penetration line is bogus it actually goes by armor penetration

It goes to both, apparently:

w805yskss3qy.jpg
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

w805yskss3qy.jpg

Yeah but the only one that currently matters for Boba is armor penetration.

also as show there it is doing its thing correctly just the in game message is bugged.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    I mentioned this in another thread.
    look at the defense penetration stat in general as a modifier.

Final armor/resistance penetration = armor/resistance penetration + (defense penetration % x armor/resistance penetration)

So without contract it is 0%
    with contract it is 0%+200% which is 200%
  • Dryff wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

w805yskss3qy.jpg

It does = both but the line in your stats that say defense penetration will be 0 at all levels and on any character
  • scuba wrote: »

Final armor/resistance penetration = armor/resistance penetration + (defense penetration % x armor/resistance penetration)

I could buy that if the text said flatly "additional 200% Defense Penetration". But it says "additional Defense Penetration equal to 200% of his Defense Penetration". If his current Defense Penetration before the contract is fulfilled is 0%, isn't 200% of 0% still 0%?
  • Yes, it seems throughout the game they use additive rather than multiplicative dynamics. So saying increase by N of base A means A+N rather than A*(1+N). Makes it easier for them to calculate but is extremely confusing for the rest of us. Thus, in normal wording increasing a base by 50% and then decreasing it by 50% would yield 150%*50% = 75% of base, which in their minds reads 100% of base (+50%-50%).
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

I could buy that if the text said flatly "additional 200% Defense Penetration". But it says "additional Defense Penetration equal to 200% of his Defense Penetration". If his current Defense Penetration before the contract is fulfilled is 0%, isn't 200% of 0% still 0%?

Defense is armor/resistance
    Defense is actually an integer value not a %

The % you see in the stat screen is damage mitigation due to armor/resistance that at some point they decided to show like this to make it a usable visual value. It used to show the integer values which are "useless" with out knowing the conversion equation.
    The integer values are still shown on swgoh.gg

Defense Penetration is armor/resistance penetration
    Defense Penetration is an integer value not a %
    These values are listed as integer values in the character stats screen.

armor/resistance penetration ignores an equal amount of armor/resistance

Because of the way it all works defense penetration as a % stat makes no sense

Final armor/Resistance = Armor/Resistance - Armor/Resistance penetration

Final armor/resistance is then used to determine damage mitigation %

So lets use real numbers

FYI all unmodded values because it is easier
    Boba as an attacker only cares about armor because he only does physical damage

Darth Traya has 252 armor which ignoring armor penetration is 28.33% damage mitigation of physical attacks
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-traya/

Boba has 203 armor penetration
    Final armor penetration = 203 + (203*(0%) = 203
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/#0

Final armor = 252-203 = 49
    49 armor is 7.14% damage mitigation

So an attack by boba on traya, Traya's armor will mitigate 7.14% of the damage, meaning she will take 92.86% of the incoming damage

So if the damage is 10,000 she will take 9286 damage

Now with boba payout he gets 200% defense penetration
    Final armor penetration = 203 + (203*(0%+200%) = 609

traya final armor = 252-609 = -357
    This means boba will completely ignore traya armor so damage mitigation is 0%

So if the damage is 10,000 she will take 10,000 damage

as was show above what the game is actually doing is just modifiying his armor and resistance penetration
    lVY5tRI.png

TLDR: Ignore the 0% defense penetration in the stat screen it means nothing.
    Because of the way it all works defense penetration as a % stat makes no sense
    It is not increasing or decreasing the armor/resistance penetration

Everything you never wanted to know about defense (armor/resistance calculations)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/67830/defense-armor-calculator#latest

• scuba
    14042 posts Member
    JediRobb wrote: »
    No, because an opponent doesn’t have “defense” as a generic stat. Opponents have armor and resistance, based on physical or special offense categories. Think of it like critical damage to offense. It impacts physical and special by a certain percentage (150% is the baseline). Defense penetration would increase armor/resistance penetration. Baseline is 0%, but if you add an additional 200%, it becomes 200% of armor/resistance penetration, just like when you add 36% critical damage from a mod you don’t get 36% of 150% critical damage increase, you get 186% critical damage.

Yes!! The Defense penetration % stat in the character screen is nothing more than a modifier of the actual armor/resistance penetration stat. Since mods do not currently affect it that means all characters get 0% additional defense penetration based on stats alone so all they have is what is shown in armor/resistance penetration. What i mean by stats alone is not counting any buffs or unique's