Will Revan come back for Christmas?

Replies

• Edison wrote: »
    I don't anticipate Revan coming back until Darth Revan is coming out, so my guess would be Feb. I'd say we're going to get Chewbacca to return this December, though. You need that Wookie Holiday Special, afterall. I originally thought that Jedi Luke would be coming this December alongside the return of Chewie, but I also feel like that'd be wayy too much Jedi power, and Lukes kit would need to be a great leader but not replace Revan for obvious reasons.

Unless jedi luke works with rebels not jedi
  • As for where I stand for OR farming
    Bastila 19/100
    Jolee 25/85
    Mission 1/85
    T4 81/85
    Zaalbar 49/85

The panic farming tool says for 30 days, I need to spend 200 crystals. 60 days is 100 crystals. It's not that much of a challenge, just resources management. I feel more comfortable with 60 days out, than 30. The reason I think January is more likely, and I know the theory doesn't exactly mean anything, but for JTR and CLS there was a 90 and 120 day gap between first appearance and second coming. Since the three characters share the same unlocking at 7*, I figured that Revan should be approximately the same time frame from first release to second coming.
  • I've been ready for quite a while, but I really hope he doesn't return yet. Arena would be full or revans and that would be the death of us (and I say that when I'm surrounded by revans myself

We'll probably get a new legendary in December so the mega whale will buy the new shiny. I'm guessing jedi luke. I'm ready for that too assuming the gear req isn't ridiculous and have hoarded 10,000 crystals since I finished OR so I'll be more flexible when the next legendary comes.

My personal draw back was Bossk. I had to finish him for Chewbacca, then I started farming Kotor characters. They're coming along ok, but I would prefer not to spend anything. 30 days is doable, according to the panic farm, but not as comfortable as 60.

I started them when they came out but stopped for bossk during the bonus drops to get him 7 stars for chewie.

But the hard node farms weren't the bottle neck. Mission and t3 became farmable late enough that I still finished all the hard nodes before them.

But if I were you, I would stay focused and plan for a dec revan. If you have around 500 crystals a day to use, you can refresh cantina 3 times and regular 3 times and refresh some nodes to make sure to use all the energy on OR.

That is the problem, I don't earn 500 crystals a day.

you get about 200 a day free if you do all dailies. So you really only need to get high enough in arena and fleet to get about 150 a day from each. If you want help with that, then let me know. I get top 20 or so in arena and 1st in fleet most days. The crystals from that help a lot. I easily average 700 or 800 a day. It takes some effort but definitely worth it.

https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/characters/
    You can try. I can't break below 100 in my shard and as for ships, hahaha, it's a joke. One of my biggest issues is that I can't get on and snipe at payouts.

What do you currently run in arena? And what teams do you see the most? I would suggest running ep nightmare with what you have. You have it maxed so it is formidable if modded correctly. I run it and can easily climb into to top 20 or so. I can beat ns easily, bastilla teams if they don't have crazy mods, traya teams that don't have crazy mods, and revan is an easy win if thrawn is faster and still possible unless they have crazy mods.

That's as good as it gets without traya or revan.

I modded vader and ep for massive potency and decent speed. Thrawn is modded to be as fast as possible. And sion and nihilas are also modded to be fast. Though for nihilas, defense, health, and protection are also important to keep him alive when possible if revan marks him.

For fleet, what are you currently running? I run tf, vader, and ht under tarkin, though I suggest you use thrawn until you max out tarkin. I switched to ht at 3 star bossk g12 and it held on defense better than biggs.

I use the following for reinforcements

Fives - has a massive aoe if you spread tl.
    Biggs - extra tank andputs tl on when called in and can call an immediate assist.
    Ghost - can put tl on everyone when called in. Puts defense down and calls assists.
    Fett - great tank. has a good aoe. But I don't usually need him.

My main arena team is Emperor Palps lead, vader, thrawn, Nihilus, Sion.
    for ships I use Chimera with the main fighters are Vader Tie, Biggs, and tie fighter with 5's, Maul, Slave 1 and FO tie for reserves.

Yeah for ships you may want to sub in ht. It holds better on defense for me. Mine's 5 star now but i switched at 3 star.

For arena, modding makes all the difference. I remodded my vader a few months ago for 3 potency sets and it makes a huge difference against bastilla. You can land dots through the increased tenacity and get the tm train going. It also makes your team less vulnerable to bastilla on defense.

I also increased the potency on ep. Let's stuns land through increased tenacity and helps you keep shock on sion if you face a traya team. That lets you get to a thrawn or ep to kill them faster. Those two changes made the most difference.
  • Edison wrote: »
    I don't anticipate Revan coming back until Darth Revan is coming out, so my guess would be Feb. I'd say we're going to get Chewbacca to return this December, though. You need that Wookie Holiday Special, afterall. I originally thought that Jedi Luke would be coming this December alongside the return of Chewie, but I also feel like that'd be wayy too much Jedi power, and Lukes kit would need to be a great leader but not replace Revan for obvious reasons.

Unless jedi luke works with rebels not jedi

That's a good point but hopefully they wouldn't do that again. I don't even really use Jedi, but I felt like there was a lot of disappointment surrounding CLS and that he wasn't a Jedi yet.

I could see his leader being more Rebel driven, and maybe even synergies being focused. But in general, if they do it right I imagine JKL will need to be a beast, and he would need the Jedi tag and I can't imagine him not being at least plug and play - especially under a Revan or Bast lead.
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    I'd guess that Jedi Luke will be one of the last characters released in the game, if not the last.

Most likely. What is the typical lifespan of a game like this?
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    I'd guess that Jedi Luke will be one of the last characters released in the game, if not the last.

I can't decide whether to answer with "soon" or "August".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JediRobb wrote: »

I can't decide whether to answer with "soon" or "August".

Not when the game will end, but upon further consideration, I came to the conclusion that the game will end when the money is gone.
  • Judging from this: https://swgohevents.com/ Chewie is coming soon and others are "mid-cycle", so I wouldn't expect them as soon as Chewie.
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Darth Malak and Darth Revan maybe will be released end of this year... maybe:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182915/megathread-collected-ideas-for-characters-ships/p1
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member

I know you like your toon ideas but what's the relevance in this thread?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I know you like your toon ideas but what's the relevance in this thread?

I think he was hoping they would come in December. But I don't see it.
  • Nope, for Christmas we get C3PO and the Millennium Falcon
  • Devs said that Journey characters will have their 2nd appearance after 4-6 months, and every 3-4 months after that. It would be a very bad idea to bring it back after only 2 months when a lot of people spent a lot of money expecting exclusivity for at least 4 months.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Devs said that Journey characters will have their 2nd appearance after 4-6 months, and every 3-4 months after that. It would be a very bad idea to bring it back after only 2 months when a lot of people spent a lot of money expecting exclusivity for at least 4 months.

Rey came back after 90 days,I think. Luke was 120, so my goal is 90, just to be safe.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Devs said that Journey characters will have their 2nd appearance after 4-6 months, and every 3-4 months after that. It would be a very bad idea to bring it back after only 2 months when a lot of people spent a lot of money expecting exclusivity for at least 4 months.

Revan isn't technically a hero's journey character and the devs have said nothing about how often he will return. So all there is is speculation. If people had the expectation of him being meta for 6 mo that is on them. We likely will get something new in Dec regardless that may or may no change the meta.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

Rey came back after 90 days,I think. Luke was 120, so my goal is 90, just to be safe.

Rey was 90 the first two times.

https://swgohevents.com/event/rey-heros-journey

CLS 140 the first time (!) then 80-100 after that.

https://swgohevents.com/event/luke-skywalker-heros-journey

I'd like a link on that 4-6 months quote @Woodroward .
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Revan isn't technically a hero's journey character and the devs have said nothing about how often he will return. So all there is is speculation. If people had the expectation of him being meta for 6 mo that is on them. We likely will get something new in Dec regardless that may or may no change the meta.

He's not a "hero's" journey character, but he is a Journey character. Was called a journey of redemption, not a legendary event, so it isn't speculation. If people expected it to be exclusive for 4 months, they should have because that's what they were promised.

TVF wrote: »

They said it over 6 months ago, and I don't recall where they did. They said it after JTR had had her 2nd appearance. They definitely said it. If they release Revan for Christmas they'll be getting some major flak for going back on their word. I doubt they will.

Thank you. That is why I think 90 days from first event would be the shortest, I figured similar event, time frame should follow suit.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Well I couldn't find anything about 4-6 months for the first reappearance in this thread, but it does explain that the first 2 appearances are different than subsequent appearances (and this was stated well after JTR's 2nd appearance), and that it would be every 3-4 months for "legacy" journey events. I don't see them making it more common when it is new.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest
  • I've been ready for quite a while, but I really hope he doesn't return yet. Arena would be full or revans and that would be the death of us (and I say that when I'm surrounded by revans myself

We'll probably get a new legendary in December so the mega whale will buy the new shiny. I'm guessing jedi luke. I'm ready for that too assuming the gear req isn't ridiculous and have hoarded 10,000 crystals since I finished OR so I'll be more flexible when the next legendary comes.

My personal draw back was Bossk. I had to finish him for Chewbacca, then I started farming Kotor characters. They're coming along ok, but I would prefer not to spend anything. 30 days is doable, according to the panic farm, but not as comfortable as 60.

I started them when they came out but stopped for bossk during the bonus drops to get him 7 stars for chewie.

But the hard node farms weren't the bottle neck. Mission and t3 became farmable late enough that I still finished all the hard nodes before them.

But if I were you, I would stay focused and plan for a dec revan. If you have around 500 crystals a day to use, you can refresh cantina 3 times and regular 3 times and refresh some nodes to make sure to use all the energy on OR.

you get about 200 a day free if you do all dailies. So you really only need to get high enough in arena and fleet to get about 150 a day from each. If you want help with that, then let me know. I get top 20 or so in arena and 1st in fleet most days. The crystals from that help a lot. I easily average 700 or 800 a day. It takes some effort but definitely worth it.

You can try. I can't break below 100 in my shard and as for ships, hahaha, it's a joke. One of my biggest issues is that I can't get on and snipe at payouts.

What do you currently run in arena? And what teams do you see the most? I would suggest running ep nightmare with what you have. You have it maxed so it is formidable if modded correctly. I run it and can easily climb into to top 20 or so. I can beat ns easily, bastilla teams if they don't have crazy mods, traya teams that don't have crazy mods, and revan is an easy win if thrawn is faster and still possible unless they have crazy mods.

I modded vader and ep for massive potency and decent speed. Thrawn is modded to be as fast as possible. And sion and nihilas are also modded to be fast. Though for nihilas, defense, health, and protection are also important to keep him alive when possible if revan marks him.

For fleet, what are you currently running? I run tf, vader, and ht under tarkin, though I suggest you use thrawn until you max out tarkin. I switched to ht at 3 star bossk g12 and it held on defense better than biggs.

Biggs - extra tank andputs tl on when called in and can call an immediate assist.
    Ghost - can put tl on everyone when called in. Puts defense down and calls assists.

for ships I use Chimera with the main fighters are Vader Tie, Biggs, and tie fighter with 5's, Maul, Slave 1 and FO tie for reserves.

Yeah for ships you may want to sub in ht. It holds better on defense for me. Mine's 5 star now but i switched at 3 star.

For arena, modding makes all the difference. I remodded my vader a few months ago for 3 potency sets and it makes a huge difference against bastilla. You can land dots through the increased tenacity and get the tm train going. It also makes your team less vulnerable to bastilla on defense.

I also increased the potency on ep. Let's stuns land through increased tenacity and helps you keep shock on sion if you face a traya team. That lets you get to a thrawn or ep to kill them faster. Those two changes made the most difference.

I can get Vader's potency over 100%, but everything else drops drastically.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    Well I couldn't find anything about 4-6 months for the first reappearance in this thread, but it does explain that the first 2 appearances are different than subsequent appearances (and this was stated well after JTR's 2nd appearance), and that it would be every 3-4 months for "legacy" journey events. I don't see them making it more common when it is new.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest

That's where I was headed. Christmas is too early (although never say never), I would expect mid-January to mid February.

That's where I was headed. Christmas is too early (although never say never), I would expect mid-January to mid February.
    TVF wrote: »

I agree
  • Revan is returning!!
    It’s a fact...the event will return.
    Prepare for it now! No one knows when it will return, but there are a few things that we do know:

1. It will return, likely with very little notice
    2. 99% of the predictions for his return date will be wrong, so don’t count on any of them.
    3. The same toons will be required, still at 7*, to unlock him.
    4. No matter when the event returns, it will be “just a little too soon” for some players.
    5. He will return again and again after this.

We all know these things. We know what we need and we know we won’t get much warning when he returns. So what is the logical conclusion to all of this?

If you want Revan, prepare for his return now!!
    Get those OR farms done! Sooner than later!
    If you choose not to prepare for this one, then be prepared not to unlock him.
    It’s a really simple, really obvious choice. And we all have it available to us!
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Revan is returning!!
    Prepare for it now! No one knows when it will return, but there are a few things that we do know:

2. 99% of the predictions for his return date will be wrong, so don’t count on any of them.
    4. No matter when the event returns, it will be “just a little too soon” for some players.

We all know these things. We know what we need and we know we won’t get much warning when he returns. So what is the logical conclusion to all of this?

It’s a really simple, really obvious choice. And we all have it available to us!

Come now, let's not take the fun out of speculating
    Revan is returning!!

Lol I have nonissue with speculating...I’m just preparing myself for the inevitable “I assumed he wasn’t coming back until June so I didn’t prepare at all and it’s all CGs fault” threads.

You'll want to farm some potency sets with decent speed and potency secondaries. Vader is decently tanky so you'll be fine without a lot of extra health and protection. Landing debuffs heals him as well so that's definately more important. And with his unique he gains a lot of speed so especially against jedi so it's ok to sacrifice a fair amount of speed for potency. He should still be fast enough with his unique to go first against most bastilla teams. With the potency over 100% under ep lead I can land a fair amount of debuffs and get the tm train going.

Try it and see how it works.
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Revan is returning!!

Lol I have nonissue with speculating...I’m just preparing myself for the inevitable “I assumed he wasn’t coming back until June so I didn’t prepare at all and it’s all CGs fault” threads.

There will be complaining no matter what. If he comes back too soon, whales complain tgat they didn't get exclusivity long enough. And those that aren't ready will complain that they didn't have enough time. Complaining is inevitable.
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Revan is returning!!

It is going to happen no matter when. They could give us all required materials for 7* gear 12 KotOR characters and someone out there is gonna complain. lol

You'll want to farm some potency sets with decent speed and potency secondaries. Vader is decently tanky so you'll be fine without a lot of extra health and protection. Landing debuffs heals him as well so that's definately more important. And with his unique he gains a lot of speed so especially against jedi so it's ok to sacrifice a fair amount of speed for potency. He should still be fast enough with his unique to go first against most bastilla teams. With the potency over 100% under ep lead I can land a fair amount of debuffs and get the tm train going.

Try it and see how it works.

I will. Most of the potency mods I used for my mock up were spares anyway. I hate demodding teams that work really well in other areas. Have you used the grandivory mod assistant? I'm curious how more serious players think when it comes to that. Side note, the funny thing is my sith?empire team can just about auto a majority of teams I can fight, just aren't good on def.