Galactic Bounties More Difficult?

Prev1
Is it just me or are the Galactic Bounties More Difficult? I 3* Wampa last time when I had a g11 boba, zBossk, ig-88, g10 dengar, and a g8 greedo. Now I have a g12 zBoba g11 zBossk, ig-88, Dengar, and greedo and I can't beat it. Wampa is killing all my guys on the first turn.

Replies

• Hmm...I put it my g9 Cad Bane in place of Greedo and passed it first try. That's interesting.
  • I did the ROLO mission and it was the same difficulty as last time.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    The answer to "is x event harder this time" is always "no."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the Galactic Bounties More Difficult? I 3* Wampa last time when I had a g11 boba, zBossk, ig-88, g10 dengar, and a g8 greedo. Now I have a g12 zBoba g11 zBossk, ig-88, Dengar, and greedo and I can't beat it. Wampa is killing all my guys on the first turn.

I did not complete it last time, but with G12 zbossk, G12zboba, g11ig88, g10zam and g11cad I had serious trouble and a very high RNG dependency, which caused me to switch to imperial probe droid mission after like 30 tries and only 1 success.

That mission is hard and very dependant on RNG, because if you don't ability block and/or stun wampa before he goes, it's doomed for failure. Work on gear, speed, potency and good relaxing medication.

• I did not complete it last time, but with G12 zbossk, G12zboba, g11ig88, g10zam and g11cad I had serious trouble and a very high RNG dependency, which caused me to switch to imperial probe droid mission after like 30 tries and only 1 success.

That mission is hard and very dependant on RNG, because if you don't ability block and/or stun wampa before he goes, it's doomed for failure. Work on gear, speed, potency and good relaxing medication.

Thank you.
  • Wampa is just RNG city. I beat it for the first time today. Basically if he gets his AOE off, you're boned. If he doesn't, you're good. And sometimes he just randomly gets three turns in a row for no particular reason.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I beat the ROLO tier twice, 20 shards. I'm happy!
  • zBossk-Lead (G12), Boba G12, Dengar G11, Greedo G11 and Bane G9 - no other zetas than Bossk.
    Hope getting first turn with Bane and stun triggers - keep Wampa stunned - victory
    If Wampa gets a turn ... bad luck - retry
  • It's all about how much TM your team has going into the last stage against Wampa. Try and get your team to have as full TM bars as possible before going into the wampa stage. If you can ability block him before he gets the protection up it's much easier than trying to break through all that extra protection while he also has a higher counter chance and damage.
  • I got to wampa no issue but only got it halfway down with an under geared Aurra(G9 6*) and Bossk(G9) in a Bobba lead.
    With a Zbossk and Aurra/Bossk at G11+ i dont think it would be so bad. Likely need Aurra, Greedo and Cad for turn meter control.(stuns and tm reduction)
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Also Dengar stun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @DuneSeaFarmer same here! Now sitting at 74/80 and awaiting my six ROLO shards from the TB mission rewards this afternoon. Finally!
  • T4NM4N26 wrote: »

Nope not harder.

Try putting cad in fir ig. The extra stun comes in handy. The key is to try and keep him stunned so he doesn't get the bonus protection. But if he does it is still beatable. Just save your massive attacks until it goes away. I beat it today twice. The second time the wampa killed greedo before i got a turn but I still managed to keep it stunned long enough to kill it with just 4 bh.

You do want to let wamoa take too many turns since ge stacks offense and eventually on shots your bhs.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @DuneSeaFarmer same here! Now sitting at 74/80 and awaiting my six ROLO shards from the TB mission rewards this afternoon. Finally!

Grats! I'm at 51/100 and we have 17 members contributing to TB ROLO mission so far today!
  • Dang. We had 3. Trying to get more to build up Soldier. Don't need much. I ran him at level 50, trash mods, G5+5, ability 3's. Granted I had him on zzCLS lead G12, Old Ben G9, Ackbar G11 and Biggs G10.

But free ROLO shards is worth more than a handful of GP for Combat missions.

Back to Bounties. I finished ROLO 3* but couldn't even touch IPD. Figured I could have RNG'd a hundred times but I'd rather gear up, skip IPD and go for Wampa (Chewbacca too by default).
  • Beat Paploo... because he is the only one I havent 7* :neutral:
  • I needed 10 IPD shards to unlock him and 10 Wampa shards to 7*. Got the unlock, and trying over and over for Wampa. I really hope I get him so I can use my TB currency for Hoda!
  • I was torn between the easier Han Solo shards to push closer to 7* or unlocking ROLO. ROLO won out as our Guild is slow at doing her mission so any extra boost is more positive.
  • I lost the first time with 5* zBossk g11, g12 boba, g11 88 cad and greedo. Swapped in mods for more speed, was able to 3*. Key is to alternate greedo and cad for Tm control, and try to make sure Bossk is taunting any time wampa isn’t stunned as he can ohko some of the other toons on counters, depending on mods. Prevent him from gaining bonus protection and you’re fine. If he gets it, just restart.
  • Did the quest not update for anyone else? I beat tier 4 but didn't get credit for the quest.
    iN Spectre
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Back to Bounties. I finished ROLO 3* but couldn't even touch IPD. Figured I could have RNG'd a hundred times but I'd rather gear up, skip IPD and go for Wampa (Chewbacca too by default).

Yeah, gear up. You'll get it next time.
  • I beat the ROLO tier twice, 20 shards. I'm happy!

Same. A real improvement too, considering last time I couldn’t even compete in the event at all.

Next time I’ll shoot for IPD. I assume once I reach Wompa status, I’ll by extension be Chewbacca status as well.

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Turvantus wrote: »
    I beat the ROLO tier twice, 20 shards. I'm happy!

Same. A real improvement too, considering last time I couldn’t even compete in the event at all.

Next time I’ll shoot for IPD. I assume once I reach Wompa status, I’ll by extension be Chewbacca status as well.

This is true...I cleared chewie event first time through and can auto wampa easily with jango lead bossk greedo dengar and boba....all g12 though with Zetas on jango bossk and greedo
  • TVF wrote: »

ALWAYS is a bit of a stretch. They've even admitted to making certain events easier or harder over the years.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

ALWAYS is a bit of a stretch. They've even admitted to making certain events easier or harder over the years.
    When was this? I’ve never seen them state or change any event and if they do it’s communicated beforehand
  • Best wampa bounty team is bossk lead, BF, dengar, greedo and cad bane. Keep wampa stunned with dengar and cad bane and ability blocked and you should have no problems .👍
  • R0LAND wrote: »
    Best wampa bounty team is bossk lead, BF, dengar, greedo and cad bane. Keep wampa stunned with dengar and cad bane and ability blocked and you should have no problems .👍

I used this line-up as well and beat it both times today. zeta Bossk lead is extremely helpful for the regenerating protection along with the necessary stuns from each of the other character.
  • It's not harder, it's just another of those events where you have to try many times. You need to stun the beast and avoid it from moving a single hair. If it starts its things, you will hardly make it.
  • I think it's a bit harder, probably the zBossk nerf.
  • It isn't a nerf to zBossk because the change had nothing to do with the zeta. And even if it takes a couple extra turns to get the contract going, it's a battle with 4 phases. You'll be into the payout long before you ever actually need it whether it's switching mid attack or not.