When does The Clone Wars get good?

Started watching it a few weeks ago and so far it's been meh. Doesn't suck, but not that great so far. Just finished season 1 and the last episode was pretty good. Introduction to Cad Bane. Hopefully it picks up from there?

Replies

• Options
    I just finished watching it for the first time, I started years ago but the first season was hard to watch. It does get better. Some of the story arcs are lame and some are great. Just have to suffer through (or skip) to get to the ones that interest you.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    Season 1 was trying too hard to appeal to young kids. It gets better
  • Options
    Yeah, ahsoka is still a kid in season one and is kid of annoying. Once she grows up a little, she is awesome.
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Season 1 is like a 6.8/10 in my books as many of the episodes appeals to children. And yeah that finale was interesting. Each season gets better and better with more dark episodes. Gets quite good by season 3. Season 5 I'd give at the very least a solid 8/10. Also, some of the story arcs are really good in seasons 3 - 5. Only a couple are somewhat subpar imo.
    Bottomline: Watch the show lol.

Edit: And like someone mentioned, Ahsoka is one of more annoying characters early on, but once she matures a little, you actually kinda start rooting for her :D
  • Options
    Ronon_Dex wrote: »
    Gets quite good by season 3.
    Bottomline: Watch the show lol.

Edit: And like someone mentioned, Ahsoka is one of more annoying characters early on, but once she matures a little, you actually kinda start rooting for her :D

Agree with all of this. I didn't care for the clones at the beginning but started rooting for them near the end and really enjoyed their story arcs. Also, the voice actor budget apparently picks up a bit, considering that Liam Neeson reprises his role as QGJ, Tim Curry as the Emperor, and a few other known actors join in.

• Options
    Tim Curry as the Emperor took me by surprise - He is sooo good (I rememeber him as Skullmaster from Mighty Max!) His emperor voice I did not catch him since it is a nicer voice, but once he lets some hate in I was like: "OH MAN ITS CURRY!!!"
  • Options
    It gets much, much better. I don't remember exactly which seasons they're all in but there are several storylines that I thought were fantastic. Obi-Wan in particular gets some great arcs, as does Ahsoka and even the clones.
  • Ronon_Dex
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I didn't care for the clones at the beginning but started rooting for them near the end and really enjoyed their story arcs.

The Clones definitely got a lot more interesting in this series over the movies. And like you said, they had some pretty good story arcs, especially one in particular.

Edit: And about Ahsoka, why did they make her SO slow in this game? One thing I'll never understand :D
  • Options
    Im at the end of season 2 and it has definitely become more serious from the beginning. It started off very child friendly but its pretty cool now. Nothing beats the old cartoon though, lol everything was so grand and epic there.
  • Options
    When you turn it off and start Vikings.

Kidding I watch clone wars but it mostly just for background noise. Some cool parts in it though and some of those parts I've definitely missed.
  • Options
    It's pretty good, except I'll never understand why it's not 121 episodes of Ahsoka and Bariss...
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    Tim Curry as the Emperor took me by surprise - He is sooo good (I rememeber him as Skullmaster from Mighty Max!) His emperor voice I did not catch him since it is a nicer voice, but once he lets some hate in I was like: "OH MAN ITS CURRY!!!"

Ian Abercrombie was the original voice of Palpatine and did most of the episodes featuring the character. Tim Curry took over in 2012 (season 5), following Abercrombie's death.
  • Options

Ian Abercrombie was the original voice of Palpatine and did most of the episodes featuring the character. Tim Curry took over in 2012 (season 5), following Abercrombie's death.

Ahh perhaps that's why it took forever to notice haha.

It is funny, in the first season they almost don't kill any humans unless something goes wrong.. Then by season 3 there are entire ships or people being wiped out. It goes from "maybe this is a kids show" to "eh lets get serious" by mid-season 2.
  • Options
    Umm, several years later when we run into this chick on Jakku named Rey?
  • Options
    When Geonosian Soldier shows up.
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    When Geonosian Soldier shows up.

This is ironically true lol
  • SDziad
    150 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My POV is somewhat like this:

S1: Weakest, childlish episodes, but that season introduced (except Rex and Ahsoka) Fives, Cad Bane and Hondo. Season is (too) kid-friendly, but had some moments: "Rookies", "Cloak of Darkness" with Lumi vs. Ventress, awesome "Lair of Grievous", 2 episodes with Hondo, 2 with Aayla (and also only 2 with as main character), even nice Battle of Ryloth and great introduce to Bounty Hunters in S2. Overall 5.5/10

S2: Personally S2 could be my favourite season, because it has great start: Cad playing with Jedi, really good Geonosis episodes (Mirialans, Bugs, Mundi and Obi-Wan quotes), than Mandalore and Death Watch, finally Bounty Hunters with Embo. But rest of the episodes weren't so good. Overall 8/10

S3: Good start with Domino backstory (and Shaak), than nothing interesting before 2nd part of "Pursuit of Peace", but next we have Nightsisters, Mortis and the Citadel. That's nine nice episodes in a row. Overall 7,5/10

S4: Fisto in first episodes rocks. But true season start is on Umbara. Than slaves on Kadavo, Obi-Wan solo and final Dathomir story. From 16 episodes there are only 2-3 weaker. Overall 9/10

S5: Could be an awesome season. Younglings, Shadow Collective and Ahsoka's final act are one of best in TCW, but that was combined with Team D. Overall 9.5/10

S6: Let's say they made nice 2 episodes with JJB combined with Mace. Fives, Anakin and Yoda had their great moments too. Overall 8.5/10

-Imo TCW has great stories through S2-S6, but combined with mediocre moments like droids nearly all the time (sadly R2 too), Ahsoka on start, most Anakin&Padme and Grievous endless 'tactical retreats' destroying thousands of droids.
    But there're epic ones: Palpatine and Dooku all the time, Hondo, DW, Nightsisters and Brothers, Bounty Hunters.

Just one advice: avoid droids if you want to like TCW.
  • Options
    SDziad wrote: »
    My POV is somewhat like this:

S1: Weakest, childlish episodes, but that season introduced (except Rex and Ahsoka) Fives, Cad Bane and Hondo. Season is (too) kid-friendly, but had some moments: "Rookies", "Cloak of Darkness" with Lumi vs. Ventress, awesome "Lair of Grievous", 2 episodes with Hondo, 2 with Aayla (and also only 2 with as main character), even nice Battle of Ryloth and great introduce to Bounty Hunters in S2. Overall 5.5/10

S2: Personally S2 could be my favourite season, because it has great start: Cad playing with Jedi, really good Geonosis episodes (Mirialans, Bugs, Mundi and Obi-Wan quotes), than Mandalore and Death Watch, finally Bounty Hunters with Embo. But rest of the episodes weren't so good. Overall 8/10

S3: Good start with Domino backstory (and Shaak), than nothing interesting before 2nd part of "Pursuit of Peace", but next we have Nightsisters, Mortis and the Citadel. That's nine nice episodes in a row. Overall 7,5/10

S4: Fisto in first episodes rocks. But true season start is on Umbara. Than slaves on Kadavo, Obi-Wan solo and final Dathomir story. From 16 episodes there are only 2-3 weaker. Overall 9/10

S5: Could be an awesome season. Younglings, Shadow Collective and Ahsoka's final act are one of best in TCW, but that was combined with Team D. Overall 9.5/10

S6: Let's say they made nice 2 episodes with JJB combined with Mace. Fives, Anakin and Yoda had their great moments too. Overall 8.5/10

-Imo TCW has great stories through S2-S6, but combined with mediocre moments like droids nearly all the time (sadly R2 too), Ahsoka on start, most Anakin&Padme and Grievous endless 'tactical retreats' destroying thousands of droids.
    But there're epic ones: Palpatine and Dooku all the time, Hondo, DW, Nightsisters and Brothers, Bounty Hunters.

Just one advice: avoid droids if you want to like TCW.

This. Good write up.
  • Options
    Some of the Padme episodes crack me up. Not that they're more or less funny than other episodes, but more that I can hardly believe they exist in a kids cartoon. One episode, the plot is literally "Padme introduces a Senate Bill." Or, "Padme engages in a long discussion about tariffs and taxes." I would love to see the face of a 7yo kid trying to sit through that lol!
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    Season 4 is where I would say the show starts to really kick off, with the return of Maul and more fleshed out story arcs.
  • Options
    Did not mean to spoil that.... sorry
  • Options
    You should also (like me) find out what the Jar Jar Binks Episodes are. After the big success of Jar Jar in Phantom Menace, they thought it would be a good idea to give him some dedicated episodes, which are just about Jar Jar cracking all up and then fix everything again. Avoid them! Really, They are on the dark side of the bin.
  • Options
    Did not mean to spoil that.... sorry

No worries. Because of this site I already knew he came back. This game is why I started watching it.