Double Droprates? [MERGE]

Replies

• 2smooth wrote: »
    Double drops for mods has been horrible can’t tell difference from single drops everything else has been better. If mod slicing continues to be bad I’ll farm mods like I usually do.

Yeah... drops on modmaterials are even worse. No difference at all.

I also quit slicing, or better said ''gambling'' (25% change for speed up.)

Farmed materials for a week; sliced 2x purple, 2x blue, 1x green. Not a single mod gained speed up. very frustrating

I will just farm mods and try my luck with credits then spending crystals on refreshes for modbattles
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    Double drops for mods has been horrible can’t tell difference from single drops everything else has been better. If mod slicing continues to be bad I’ll farm mods like I usually do.

I've had tons of mod slicing materials today. There aren't any double drops on the mod challenges (that gives the mods not salvage), just mod battles (for salvage).
  • I’ve had crazy good drops today! I don’t know what the fuss is about
  • I’ve had crazy good drops today! I don’t know what the fuss is about

So it seems the RNG for the double drops is massively different per player.

• My double drops have also been horrid, but hoping for better luck tomorrow
  • My drops have been average but with the double drops are awesome. Sorry for those with bad rng. It’ll change to your favor.
    I started to refresh the nodes again. All old republic atleast 6* but mission.

Still very happy with my decision not spending anything on Revan.
    When he comes back around I’ll get him with no rush and no money spent.

Then it’s Sing and HT!
  • jurian wrote: »
    @VikCentari55 13 battles and 0 drops.... :o

which hero where you farming there?

The hero known as stun gun ;)

thats brutal man...2 drops out of 13 sims, looks like 1 april joke
  • These double drops are a very nice sop indeed. However, if drop rates stay the same (or are even worsened for the occasion), the advantage is nearly 0. I've refreshed on bossk 3 times, I've got a little bit more than the usual single drop shards I take without refreshing him. Jolee... Well, it's Jolee. Same drop rate as bastila huh? Yeah sure. The only one that dropped very well for me is t3. I almost got him to 7 stars in the first few hours of double drops and he was like at 40/100. As of now, the only nice advantages I've seen are in cantina and in mod thingies battles. I've not refreshed everything, but I've done quite a couple of them. For now, I'd advise to focus on cantina rather than hard nodes. The double drops can make a huge difference there. Hard nodes drop exactly as before if not less, so you risk to take 0x2=0.
    jurian wrote: »

thats brutal man...2 drops out of 13 sims, looks like 1 april joke

Yeah, is what it is. I really didn’t expect much more.
  • There have been one or two posters on this thread that appear to have a misinterpretation of “double drops.”

Double drops does not mean double probability (e.g. if the normal drop rate is around 33%, then the temporary drop rate increases to around 66%) — false.

Double drops just doubles the amount of rewards that will drop if the roll hits (e.g. 33% drop rate is unchanged this weekend, but now you’re getting 2 shards instead of one).

The RNG is still the same. My T3 and range trooper have been very thankful for the double drops 😀
  • MathYouC wrote: »
    There have been one or two posters on this thread that appear to have a misinterpretation of “double drops.”

Double drops does not mean double probability (e.g. if the normal drop rate is around 33%, then the temporary drop rate increases to around 66%) — false.

Double drops just doubles the amount of rewards that will drop if the roll hits (e.g. 33% drop rate is unchanged this weekend, but now you’re getting 2 shards instead of one).

The RNG is still the same. My T3 and range trooper have been very thankful for the double drops 😀

''double the amount of rewards''

Look at those screenshots man, does it really look to you there is a ''double'' there in those rewards besides it says ''bonus''?
  • my stats November 23rd (DD) : Jolee hard x14 = +8 shards, Jolee Fleet x8= +4 shards, Mission x 33 =+ 20 shards , Zaalbar x 24 = +18 shards

Honestly I am happy with my drops so far, and I will spend more crystals during the week-end.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    9deqryszr0vf.png

54fbr9pa2jps.png

Yes, I also had streaks of less drops, but I'm sure it evens out in the end.
  • Simmed 10 mod salvage battles and received 20 pieces. Not complaining at all. Shoretrooper has also been kind. 12 shards in 16 simsm
  • Jayngo wrote: »
    Yep, I call scam. I've spent a TON of energy and crystals and received TWO Hounds Tooth shards, 4 Bastilla shards and ZERO Mission shards.

Also, their weekly store "Anniversary Items" are a joke. Qui-Gon and Darth Maul? Really?

As someone who's been playing for all three years, this has been most disappointing.

Phew, thanks for pointing this out - just unlocked Darth Maul as a result! Nearly missed this nice bonus.
  • Double drops don't double the drop rate, just the rewards if you do get the shard. If you get bad RNG it just appears worse. Try again tomorrow.
    zrzhz2791z3b.jpg
    u7cet1esuerc.jpg
    fivjv7iogtap.jpg
    ssnol6ww5qzd.jpg
    q72qjbbgtsdk.jpg
    pkzu933i1re4.jpg

I am so happy with the double drops. I can tell im really getting a profit here.😂

But really, is this some sort joke or scam or does the double drops still has to be activated on my account?

U are actually getting average drops for running 4 runs at a go. I dont see why u should be complaining.
  • Results vary. I simmed zalbar 10 times this morning and received 16 shards.
  • 4/13 Zaalbar and 6/14 Mission.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I just unfortunately discovered that the "double drops" are causing 1st time node guaranteed drops to not drop.

I just unlocked Cantina node 8-C (1st time win) which has a guaranteed 1st time drop of Sith Assassin shard. I did not receive any shards of Sith Assassin, but I did get double drop of XP and currency (and a couple other items).

The bug has been reported to EA, but it's unlikely they'll fix it before the Double Drop event ends.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    My double drops are amazing so far. People do to large of attempts. 3 at a time seems to net me much better odds.
  • I got a decent drop on bossk and mission. I also farmed a whole stun gun. Had about 12 salvage and got to 50
  • Sorry to be smug but I have done well out of double drops so far.
    I think it is good old luck of the draw and nothing sinister
  • I have literally never seen any benefit from double drops and I’m a long term player. Just did 15 battles for droid callers and got zero. I have NEVER received more than 4 shards no matter how many battles I sim during double drop events. I am reaching a point where I am going to assume my account is bugged? I don’t know what else to think? It’s ridiculous and rage quittingly frustrating. The amount of frustration involved with this game is starting to outweigh the fun. How about an event where you increase the drop rate odds, you know something actually useful?
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Lol this thread every time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Friday Mood when you have saved 22k crystals for Double Drop weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuUGrtmjQfY&t=12s
  • People just remember the bad drop streaks.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lol this thread every time.

Yup I knew when I woke up that I’d see this thread lol.