Double Droprates? [MERGE]

123457Next

Replies

• As said above (somewhere) mileage varies. After the entire event this one seemed to be about as good as I've ever got in the entirety of the game - but that goes on a) memory of worse double drops and b) randomness.

RNG or not - I'll take double drops ANYTIME CG wants to give them. Thank you very much.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • NicWester wrote: »
    jurian wrote: »
    well, let that RNG be the same for all off us then.
    It is.
    this is absurd
    No, it's random.

Computers cannot randomize. Random is a concept. Once code is written to emulate a random event it is no longer random, QED.

https://engineering.mit.edu/engage/ask-an-engineer/can-a-computer-generate-a-truly-random-number/
  • Well, it was good while it lasted. I didn't get phenomenal drops. But it was worthwhile.

For Toon nodes, I SIM in 6s. So my whole weekend was full of 2, 4, and 6. Only twice I got an 8. Also, only once I got a 0.

No biggie. At the very least I got a load of gear, salvage, and credits.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Well, it was good while it lasted. I didn't get phenomenal drops. But it was worthwhile.

For Toon nodes, I SIM in 6s. So my whole weekend was full of 2, 4, and 6. Only twice I got an 8. Also, only once I got a 0.

I was able to finish Vets on an alt so I'm ready for next JTR event!

I was able to finish Vets on an alt so I'm ready for next JTR event!

Grats, meanwhile my alt got about 80-90 mission shards, getting closer to revan there...
  • Post event, drop rate is horrible. Out of 600 energy spent (for DS, LS, Cantina) I got 2 character shards.
  • Ryche wrote: »
    Post event, drop rate is horrible. Out of 600 energy spent (for DS, LS, Cantina) I got 2 character shards.

seriously? Is that a typo? 600 energy over three days, of three different types, . . . That’s virtually zero energy . Which means virtually zero drops
  • I personally had some incredible drops. Several 10-12 shards out of 8 sims B)
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ryche wrote: »
    Post event, drop rate is horrible. Out of 600 energy spent (for DS, LS, Cantina) I got 2 character shards.

seriously? Is that a typo? 600 energy over three days, of three different types, . . . That’s virtually zero energy . Which means virtually zero drops

@GhostTruckin
    600 energy today is what was meant. Not over the three days:

"Post event..."
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Doesn't matter.

Pre-event, event, post-event, the drop rates are the same. Small individual sample size is irrelevant.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • It doesn't. I was just clarifying. I really enjoy these threads: Logic is attacked. Large sample-size statistics are attacked. Articles on why you think it's been manipulated are attacked. But still we try. Because we care.
  • @Vendi1983 ok, if that’s the case, It read post event which was taken to be a recap akin to an after action report ..

Still have agree tho, one days energy is a pretty small sample size. Doesn’t tell you much of anything
  • cfodder
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    cfodder wrote: »
    Yesterday in 27 battles trying for stun guns left me with 6 salvage. Now its not a massive sample size, its an 11% drop rate. That's terrible. Cantina has been about average. Mod battles has been fine if I run a min of 9 battles at once. Only once has that still been bad

Small sample.

Edit: I mean, " it's not a massive sample", should be it's an insignificant sample.

Go ahead and try talking stats. It's what I do for a living. Yes, I liked the double drops. But were drop rates turned down? Probably.
  • cfodder wrote: »
    Yesterday in 27 battles trying for stun guns left me with 6 salvage. Now its not a massive sample size, its an 11% drop rate. That's terrible. Cantina has been about average. Mod battles has been fine if I run a min of 9 battles at once. Only once has that still been bad

Small sample.

Edit: I mean, " it's not a massive sample", should be it's an insignificant sample.

Go ahead and try talking stats. It's what I do for a living. Yes, I liked the double drops. But were drop rates turned down? Probably.

Must have just been your droprates then, the rest of us got excellent drop rates.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Small sample.

You talk stats for a living and you think the drop rates were "probably" turned down? Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I love double drops !!!
  • And we're back to getting 0 to 1 Jolee shards out of 16 attempts lol. Also, in all this farming of mostly useless characters (apart from Jolee and Bastila), I have noted that ship hard nodes drop nothing most of the times (and cost far more both in terms of energy and crystals for refreshes than the regular hard nodes). Anyone else is experiencing this?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    jurian wrote: »
    well, let that RNG be the same for all off us then.
    It is.
    this is absurd
    No, it's random.

Computers cannot randomize. Random is a concept. Once code is written to emulate a random event it is no longer random, QED.

https://engineering.mit.edu/engage/ask-an-engineer/can-a-computer-generate-a-truly-random-number/

Don't get hung up on semantics. When people say "random" what they mean is "unpredictable."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.