Is revive getting out of control?

2Next

Replies

• jejuzang wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Just wait til i run my zQGJ (L), zJolee, zGMY, zBarris, zHyoda in Arena. You want to talk about annoying?

But in all seriousness, yes it is. There needs to be some toons with a passive that prevents reviving *cough Nihilus cough*
    Or better yet put it on a different character so that there's more options to get around revives. Currently the only ways to stop revives are Nihilus, Death Trooper, Jango & Boba, and sometimes Isolate (Only stops revives that happen immediately like Sion's self revive, doesn't stop later revives by abilities like Jolee's etc.). That's only 4 (sometimes 5) characters that can stop revives and they can only stop revives one at a time (except for Jango if he manages to AOE multiple people to death on his turn).

Personally I vote that Wampa's zeta on Furious Foe should add that any enemy defeated by wampa while it has that Healing Immunity debuff can't be revived. But they're definitely not going to update wampa anytime soon.

Another source of Deathmark would also be nice.

Yes,

Even changing the rules of arena maybe would work too. Similar to how Raids have checks and balances to prevent long battles why cant Arena? After 3 minutes there are no more revives, after 4 minutes no more healing.

Of course those arent actually propositions, as they werent thought out but the idea is the same. As time goes down, make the stage smaller so to speak.

There might be something there but certain squads could wait out the clock to gain a huge advantage.

I think the most elegant solution might actually be a nerf. VC Bindo and Daka are the main culprits. Maybe put in the following nerfs.

Bindo - revived allies can no longer gain buffs

Daka - revived allies are cursed. Cursed allies land plague on basic but they also have 66% less defense

Vandor Chewie - beast mode - stacking buff - whenever an ally revives they gain 1 stack of beast mode -
    1 stack adds plus 50 armor pen and plus 50 cd. Each stack also adds a 50 percent chance for the toon to become exposed at the end of their turn. The number of chances at exposes stacks, the percentage does not. Example 3 stacks could cause the toon to gain up to 3 exposes.
  • Time out cheese is seriously becoming a problem - and CG, as usual, ignores it's most loyal and paying customers. Different year, same....stuff. :/

This is really getting old.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Time out cheese is seriously becoming a problem - and CG, as usual, ignores it's most loyal and paying customers. Different year, same....stuff. :/

You seem perpetually unhappy. Perhaps you should find a new game?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Just wait til i run my zQGJ (L), zJolee, zGMY, zBarris, zHyoda in Arena. You want to talk about annoying?

But in all seriousness, yes it is. There needs to be some toons with a passive that prevents reviving *cough Nihilus cough*
    Or better yet put it on a different character so that there's more options to get around revives. Currently the only ways to stop revives are Nihilus, Death Trooper, Jango & Boba, and sometimes Isolate (Only stops revives that happen immediately like Sion's self revive, doesn't stop later revives by abilities like Jolee's etc.). That's only 4 (sometimes 5) characters that can stop revives and they can only stop revives one at a time (except for Jango if he manages to AOE multiple people to death on his turn).

Personally I vote that Wampa's zeta on Furious Foe should add that any enemy defeated by wampa while it has that Healing Immunity debuff can't be revived. But they're definitely not going to update wampa anytime soon.

Another source of Deathmark would also be nice.

Yes,

Even changing the rules of arena maybe would work too. Similar to how Raids have checks and balances to prevent long battles why cant Arena? After 3 minutes there are no more revives, after 4 minutes no more healing.

Of course those arent actually propositions, as they werent thought out but the idea is the same. As time goes down, make the stage smaller so to speak.

There might be something there but certain squads could wait out the clock to gain a huge advantage.

I think the most elegant solution might actually be a nerf. VC Bindo and Daka are the main culprits. Maybe put in the following nerfs.

Bindo - revived allies can no longer gain buffs

Daka - revived allies are cursed. Cursed allies land plague on basic but they also have 66% less defense

Vandor Chewie - beast mode - stacking buff - whenever an ally revives they gain 1 stack of beast mode -
    1 stack adds plus 50 armor pen and plus 50 cd. Each stack also adds a 50 percent chance for the toon to become exposed at the end of their turn. The number of chances at exposes stacks, the percentage does not. Example 3 stacks could cause the toon to gain up to 3 exposes.

That could also work, but it may require alot of work.

There could also just be a hard cap on revives. Like in DBZ someone can only be revived 2 times.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Time out cheese is seriously becoming a problem - and CG, as usual, ignores it's most loyal and paying customers. Different year, same....stuff. :/

You seem perpetually unhappy. Perhaps you should find a new game?

I like the game for the most part. It's only when CG "fixes" something and makes it lousy that I get frustrated.

Honestly though, I am very seriously considering leaving. Instead of improvements, every game mode just gets worse. First they ruin ships, then "rework" HSith raid rewards to make 80% of guild members hate it. TW matchmaking is a joke. Now cheese timeout teams reappear in arena - but this time CG does nothing.

I don't really care about rank - but It's not even enjoyable - I've timed out 3 times in 5 battle just today. And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 guys left. One battle I had 4 and he had 3.

Whatever.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Way out of control. I'm getting tired of it tbh. Why my Darth Nihilus can't put NS Zombie down permanently with a skill that has a cooldown of 8 turns is baffling.