Has anyone else stopped caring as much about this game since Revan came out?

On newer shards (say less than a year old), where Traya is less prevalent, has the sudden influx of Revan into arena (the dreaded Revan wall) caused you to work harder at building counters, or just resign yourself to lower arena finishes to save the frustration of getting trounced by a bought and paid for team (in most cases, not all)?

I have a year old account that runs zEP / Nest, can usually beat Traya teams but, like just about everything, struggles against the inanity that is the Revan / Jolee team composition. I'm at the point where I look to see if there's a path through the Revan-ness to the top 20 (less and less of an opportunity for that these days). If I'm feeling particularly patient, I'll give one a try only to watch it take turn after turn after turn as my 308 speed Nest just sits idly by watching. Most days, I'll just settle and save myself the frustration.

Is anyone else in this same situation? If so, what are your plans for the game? I don't see myself playing into the next iteration of this madness if it continues as such, but the kits have crept so far, I don't see how they can reign it in. I should be ready for Revan unless he comes back much earlier than expected, but Revan mirrors are almost as enjoyable as trips to the dentist (I have an older account with Revan). I don't know if I could stomach five of them per day.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    mmm im just farming patiently my toons to get my revan and be competitive in arena, but for now i am preparing my roster for grand arena and territory wars till i get my revan and traya
  • Options
    I think an unintended consequence of having Revan only require a single faction is that newer shards now have a huge disparity between P2P and F2P. There are very few, if any, F2P counters to Revan, so I understand the frustration. In the end, arena is always going to be segmented between the spenders and non-spenders and there are many metas I've spent behind a wall of teams I couldn't counter. This is a long-term game, and the meta will change. Just focus on your goals and make arena a lower priority.
  • Options
    Revan has made no difference whatsoever for me who remains in the 300/400s. In fact, the few times I have seen him and a GL12 team at this rank, my way weaker NS team destroys him every time. So no, he means nothing to me.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    That's because a Revan team in the 300/400s is not going to be a good team. Poor composition and/or mods.

In the top 100 it's almost all Revan and Traya.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH