Why the Smuggler's run event gives only health mods?

As title says. Also many other events give only health mods too, including marquee events.

Replies

• Options
    Because they're useful, but not too useful.
  • Options
    I assume because health mods may not be "optimal" for most characters, but more health is never a bad thing. So they just use them as the default mod type because everyone can benefit from them.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Because u can never go wrong with health mods. Before mods 2.0, the general advice given to newer players is to mod farm health mods once they unlock it, rather than slowly gather the resistance toons to farm speed mods, or jawas for cdmg etc. Once they have a decent few sets of health mods for their main team, then move on.
  • Options
    Because every character should be modded.

Put these on the characters you're not actively using while you farm mods for the characters you are using. Then, when you eventually cycle through your characters and reach these ones, take them off and put them on some other new, low-priority character.

It raises your power, if they have a ship it makes them significantly better, it makes them a little harder of an out in territory wars.

Every character should be modded. That doesn't mean you have to have THE BEST MODS EVER on every character, but give them something and it's a big upgrade over nothing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    If they didn’t make mod battles universal I’d never have any crit damage mods.....
  • Options
    Hey I'll take health free mods. Health, speed, whatever. As long as they roll like the one I got from the smuggler event today..
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    With the changes to mods and how its easier for everyone to get them all now, they could easily change it to be random amongst all mods, but health mods really are the basic one, so you get a lot of them :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I believe any event that doesnt require a faction that used to be used to unlock a mod type, rewards health mods as they used to be unlockable by all factions.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I wish they would give a little bit more of the guild store only mod upgrade gear. 2 each fight? Couldn't they have done 5 at least?
  • Options
    As title says. Also many other events give only health mods too, including marquee events.

because they are the least mods used by the characters so they are worth a lot less. simple as that

Not if u have a set of +25 speed secondaries on all ur 5 health mods excluding arrows.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I would assume because they r useful in events like the upcoming thrawn where u have lower gear toons that need health protection boost more than anything else. Nobody farms health mods anyways so they might as well award them not much use in arena or raids but perfect for these type of events.