Why is Galaxy Wars so demoralizing?

I don't understand why the game developers have not put effort into making Galaxy Wars somewhat fair. This is the 5th day in a row where I get hit with an opponent who has 3x my best five members, and this is on the third battle. I keep reading posts of people saying you should have a deeper roster, or farm some specific characters, but the hopelessly you feel when the enemy team is 30 levels higher than you and full of max star champions makes it look absurd. If there is something I can do to stop seeing enemies that just one shot my top 3 teams, I feel the game should tell me how in an official channel. I don't think this is a good user experience and I am making an effort to post my thoughts here to help an otherwise enjoyable game. d8tvg509duw9.png

Replies

• dasbobbybob
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    post your swgoh.gg for reference please

**galactic war**
  • Galactic Wars tips:
    1) You need teams with protection/health recovery — they have to survive several rounds!
    2) TM manipulating teams are also solid.
    3) Mods.....making sure that your top 2 teams have reasonable mods - focusing on speed and survivability is vital.
    4) Take advantage of the fact you can use multiple teams e.g.
    —> If you reach an “impossible team” you could use a junk team to get them to waste their special attacks OR better still send in a sucide squad that takes out 1 or 2 of the enemy making your main team face 3 or 4 instead of a full team.

The reason most people recommend Phoenix Team - they are all farmed in separate locations, with the exception of Sabine (who you don’t need at the beginning) they are easy farms. They have great synergy and recover health and protection....this self regen is key for GWar.
  • post your swgoh.gg for reference please

**galactic war**

I will try to create one when I get home. I am level 47 with starter characters, the pheonix squad and a few guys I unlocked from data cards or farmed. (new player)
  • Galactic Wars tips:
    1) You need teams with protection/health recovery — they have to survive several rounds!
    2) TM manipulating teams are also solid.
    3) Mods.....making sure that your top 2 teams have reasonable mods - focusing on speed and survivability is vital.
    4) Take advantage of the fact you can use multiple teams e.g.
    —> If you reach an “impossible team” you could use a junk team to get them to waste their special attacks OR better still send in a sucide squad that takes out 1 or 2 of the enemy making your main team face 3 or 4 instead of a full team.

The reason most people recommend Phoenix Team - they are all farmed in separate locations, with the exception of Sabine (who you don’t need at the beginning) they are easy farms. They have great synergy and recover health and protection....this self regen is key for GWar.

1 - level 47 characters don't survive several rounds against level 80 characters, they get hit once and drop to the ground.
    2 - If I don't get more than one turn and can't do damage beyond their shields (I barely scratch them) then the turn meter, sending in all my squads etc is pointless
    3 - mods are a thing the level 80 guy has, I am the level 47 guy. I looked it up and mods are unlocked at level 50.
    4 - all my teams are junk compared to my opponents, this is why I am saying this is a bad user experience, not suggesting that with a little coaching I could win these things.
  • maybe a screenshot of your roster then?
  • Its not just you. GW is unbeatable about 30% of the time while leveling up now. You can get some bad cold streaks. No strategy, team comp, or luck will change it. Sometimes its the 2nd battle, sometimes 12th. ignore the attention seekers attempting to give you tips while desperately trying to get people to validate them.
  • dasbobbybob
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    C0herent1 wrote: »
    ignore the attention seekers attempting to give you tips while desperately trying to get people to validate them.

Sure, such a pessimistic view.

• Also you are in one of those crunch periods. Levels aside, at least some of the gw teams you'll face will have mods and you won't. I went through the same phase from about 46-52ish. Once you get mods, the difference is astounding. Also g7 on your characters for the protection. It gets better. Then worse. Then better again. Just keep trucking.
    UpTheIrons
  • Shadowscream
    969 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    C0herent1 wrote: »
    ignore the attention seekers attempting to give you tips while desperately trying to get people to validate them.

Sure, such a pessimistic view.

I eyerolled - I’ve been playing 11 months —> So unless the game has fundamentally changed in the last few months then the advice is genuine.
    I’ve no issues needing validated. I too struggled until I came to the forums - then spent a few week/months building a Phoenix Team and Supporting Empire Team with suicide Rebels/Scoundrels as my 3rd team.
  • I eyerolled - I’ve been playing 11 months —> So unless the game has fundamentally changed in the last few months then the advice is genuine.

I believe something happened early October possible late September. I completed 150 GW from early April until then, and wasn't level 85 until November so couldn't sim. Before then we weren't seeing these highly OP teams in terms of GP compared to what the player has for his top 5. Sure, there were synergy or zeta teams that caused people problems, but the GP of the opponent squad and the player's top 5 were at least in the proper range for GW. (According to the data, 115% max at battle 12, down to 60% at battle 1 with ups and downs in between)
  • I've just lvled up my arena team : my toons are lvl 56 now,
    GW propose to me a 81 lvl team doh ! :s
    i guess, the opponent team has more than 2x my power
    2m2hysf4udt1.png
    ep4jk5j7cb3q.png
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    I believe something happened early October possible late September. I completed 150 GW from early April until then, and wasn't level 85 until November so couldn't sim.
    Something definitely changed. I can confirm seeing OP teams on node 3 lately, and it didn't use to happen.

One time I was able to get pass a very good team on node 3, losing 2.5 teams in the process. None of the remaining teams were as strong as the node 3 one. Someone got some code wrong, matchmaking is all out of wack.