How is this possible!?

enlguy
85 posts Member
edited November 2018
How is my 206 speed Vader only getting a turn after an opposing FO squad with toons of speeds all under 190 have gone TEN TIMES!? I watched the FO team take out half my squad before Vader got his turn. HOW!?!? I checked all their stats. No one outspeeds me. Yet each and everyone of them went once, if not twice, before my Vader got a turn.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Who was on each team?
  • Kylo unmasked leader gives +30 and TM gain from buffs. Kylo Ren special gives TM, FOO gives TM special, buffs (advantage) galore = tons of speed.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    enlguy wrote: »
    How is my 206 speed Vader only getting a turn after an opposing FO squad with toons of speeds all under 190 have gone TEN TIMES!? I watched the FO team take out half my squad before Vader got his turn. HOW!?!? I checked all their stats. No one outspeeds me. Yet each and everyone of them went once, if not twice, before my Vader got a turn.

When I bring my Sith team against FO, Vader always goes after the other team. When I bring my even more upgraded FO team against a Sith team, Vader will always outspeed me. Always. Don’t ask me how, it just happens.
  • Math. Simple math.
  • enlguy
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I didn't realize KRU gave so much speed upgrade. he just sits in my inventory. Been wondering what to do with my next zeta, and was thinking Sion, but now I wonder if I ought to put a little more into what I already have and make a FO team. That's crazy! They're are highly modded, too, which doesn't help, they're all around 190, so that explains it. Puts the whole team around 220, then the TM gains. That is nuts. Thanks for helping me figure that, I was getting pretty mad. I think I may skip the last node of GW for the first time in a while.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Instead of freaking out, maybe research the other team's abilities. Both Kylos and the FO Officer give buttloads of turn meter to their team. Bonus turn meter is just as good as, and sometimes better than, the Speed stat.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The joy and frustration of running FO. Their turn meter gains are light years ahead of any other team. The amount of hits you can get in on a toppled Raid Boss are ludicrous.

Basically, more or less from above:
    - KRU lead + 30 speed
    - KRU lead - gain 20% TM on a critical hit
    - FOST taunt - Grant everyone 15% TM
    - Kylo Lash Out - 25% TM to each FO ally, 50% if they had advantage
    - FOO - Grant 100% TM to Target ally
    - FOO - TMR special - if successful grant 15% TM to all FO allies and reduce cooldowns.
    - Phasma (if used) - all allies gain 50% TM

If you get one of the above moves in, normally you're good to go. Everyone on your team gets 1-2 turns before anyone on the opposing team.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Their turn meter gains are light years ahead of any other team. The amount of hits you can get in on a toppled Raid Boss are ludicrous.

I think that JTR Resistance outgains TM over FO. And get tons of damage off expose while doing it. The drawback compared to FO for Resistance is they don’t have anything like that +30 initial speed boost. So getting them started often takes longer. So they aren’t always as good in PvP. But the fact that they also remove TM while gaining TM makes Resistance more dangerous if you can get them started.

But once you do get Resistance started their TM gain is stupid. Hence why they are pretty much the best overall raid team when you consider their effectiveness in every phase of every raid.
  • They also gain turn meter for critical hits
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • I started using FO specifically because they didn't benefit rebels or empire. Been very happy with TM jumps. If you Halt EP, Sith is an easy match.
  • Best plan against zEP lead:

Select Palp as target first. FOO passes TM to Kylo. He does Lash Out. FOST taunts, or KRU stuns Sion, or Executioner hits EP. Whichever of those three happens to go next. Make sure EP is your target so any assists hit him. Vader will most likely Force Crush and Culling Blade on either KRU or FOST depending on Zetas and speeds, but they'll both eat it no problem. Sion is still frozen but Thrawn's AI is set to add protection rather than cleanse, so he'll pass to EP, leaving Sion stunned. Keep hitting EP until he drops. Then kill Nihilus. By then Sion may be out of stun, if so, KRU double stuns him again. Kill Sion. Then Vader or Thrawn at your choosing. Works 95% of the time.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Best plan against zEP lead:

Select Palp as target first. FOO passes TM to Kylo. He does Lash Out. FOST taunts, or KRU stuns Sion, or Executioner hits EP. Whichever of those three happens to go next. Make sure EP is your target so any assists hit him. Vader will most likely Force Crush and Culling Blade on either KRU or FOST depending on Zetas and speeds, but they'll both eat it no problem. Sion is still frozen but Thrawn's AI is set to add protection rather than cleanse, so he'll pass to EP, leaving Sion stunned. Keep hitting EP until he drops. Then kill Nihilus. By then Sion may be out of stun, if so, KRU double stuns him again. Kill Sion. Then Vader or Thrawn at your choosing. Works 95% of the time.

Nice strategy, just a question, why killing Sion before Thrawn? isn't there a chance he could cleanse him and mess up everything?
  • He has 100% counter chance when zeta'd and does the whole "speed down/ability block" thing, or stuns off Vader's ability block. Avoiding Pain and Held by Hatred is key. Thrawn can't come back but Sion can.
  • Yes I learned to avoid FO not trying to calculate speed boost but u need to go first stun and ability block but not worth my practice only like on in top 50 so non factor.