Ewoks

Prev13
With the 3rd anniversary gifts including wicket does anyone think perhaps the ewoks may be needed for something big in the future

Replies

• First thought - no, probably just a random gift. Second thought - yes actually.. They did say in the road ahead post that we would be getting more OT content. Maybe ewoks will be needed for C-3PO or Endor versions of Luke/Han/Leia?
  • Which is why I just finished farming logray to 7stars . If they are going to drop C3PO ...and thats a big IF... pretty sure ewoks are going to be needed.
  • Nope. I assume they are just giving out wicket shards. I don’t think every occurrence in this game has a double meaning.
  • True. Maybe it’s nothing. But who wants to be the guy proven wrong and panic farming?

Not me!
  • True. Maybe it’s nothing. But who wants to be the guy proven wrong and panic farming?

Not me!

So you have jawas at gear 12 already? As someone pointed out legendaries are against an opposing faction. If it is 3po it would be strange for the requirement to be ewoks.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    True. Maybe it’s nothing. But who wants to be the guy proven wrong and panic farming?

Not me!

So you have jawas at gear 12 already? As someone pointed out legendaries are against an opposing faction. If it is 3po it would be strange for the requirement to be ewoks.

Problem is jawas are ls as well. It’s all mixed up and convoluted lol

I geared up the woks and threw a zeta on chirps, now just hoarding for a change
  • Problem is jawas are ls as well. It’s all mixed up and convoluted lol

You use jedi to get Yoda, so don't fall into the trap of thinking everything has to be cross-ways.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I honestly assumed it was just because everyone is probably like "I'd like to get the extra zetas from that AT-ST event, but...ugh, Ewoks?"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I'd much prefer Jawas to Ewoks as the faction needed to unlock C3PO just because they currently have no other reason to be in the game (at least Ewoks have 2 events and an assault battle). With that said, it would really suck for anyone to have to farm and develop an otherwise completely useless faction just to get a legendary character.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    it would really suck for anyone to have to farm and develop an otherwise completely useless faction just to get a legendary character.

So you're saying there is money to be made in panic farming jaws to gear 12...
  • I like Jawas, don't call them useless. Much prefer them over Ewoks.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • With the 3rd anniversary gifts including wicket does anyone think perhaps the ewoks may be needed for something big in the future

Then I guess we'll need clone wars chewie to unlock prisoner chewie from jabba's palace

:D:p
    Well, most players know why we got chewie shards. (Old joke)
  • Seems to me that ewoks and Jawas are good bets to be required for a future event. Since we are speculating about C3PO here, both are great candidate factions. Really have no way of knowing for sure, but my bet is that you will miss out if you skip either one.

The way things have been going around here, expect a marquee or two before Threepio shows up ... or he could be a marquee himself. No way to know.

I am starring my ewoks just in case, but there is a very real possibility that 3PO and Jedi Luke will never be released.
  • Remember that it's the opponents you farm for legendary characters. For C3PO it's likely to be Imperial Troopers you'll need and you'll fight Ewoks alongside C3PO, who will likely be synergistic with the Ewoks.
  • I'm going Jawas on this one. It would be an expected curveball as the fight would be Jawas vs. Droids. The mythic would then require Droids to fight Jawas. More factions to gear up. Makes sense to me.
  • I'm going Jawas on this one. It would be an expected curveball as the fight would be Jawas vs. Droids. The mythic would then require Droids to fight Jawas. More factions to gear up. Makes sense to me.

That makes enough sense to almost make me change my vote... still holding on to filthy, nasty bears
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Problem is jawas are ls as well. It’s all mixed up and convoluted lol

You use jedi to get Yoda, so don't fall into the trap of thinking everything has to be cross-ways.

Yoda is from the olden times- B.C. - Before Cap. I am surprised that the mythic stayed Jedi though.

• It's gonna be Jawas, that way they can release a Jawa Bundle in the store and make some Jawa marquee events to bring the money in.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Why not just require both, that way everyone can be right!!

Except for the Imperial Trooper guy, they can be the main villains in the Mythic tier!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    True. Maybe it’s nothing. But who wants to be the guy proven wrong and panic farming?

Not me!

Totally, I’ve never seen C3PO interact with Ewoks!

But no, I think requiring Ewoks would make sense. It’s not opposing faction to spice things up, and all that Ewok god stuff is a light touch to the game
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I will be pretty disappointed if it isnt 3po. (Even if I can't get him).
    He has been a long time in coming. It's a statement on the thought process of the game developers when we have gotten so many minor characters and not 3po.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Not me!

But no, I think requiring Ewoks would make sense. It’s not opposing faction to spice things up, and all that Ewok god stuff is a light touch to the game

So strange....
    8gww4p1e9nuc.jpeg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    3pO will be a marquee... needed with ewoks to unlock gaffe stick wilford brimley or his partner kid flash lemur thing
  • Nihion wrote: »

Not me!

Blasphemy! How dare you speak such things among Star Wars fans community, disbeliever? Clear your thoughts by rewatching episode 6!!!
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CG_Carrie loves ewoks. So imagine them as Christmas elves roaming swgoh and fighting evil forces for their precious golden Santa.
  • I farmed an Ewok squad to 7* awhile ago for this specific thought. If it’s true, awesome. If not, oh well. Chirpa, Wicket, Elder, Scout, and Teebo. Teebo at g10, Wicket g9, the rest g8. If they make it so Logray and Paploo are needed...oopsie.

My thoughts are that since the bears thought of 3PO as their god, that’s who they’d use to unlock him, if he’s a legendary toon. I could be wrong, so don’t treat this as a good plan lol.

(Also, I sincerely hope the guy that said he’s never seen 3PO interact with Ewoks was being sarcastic because if not...yeesh.)

• Millwright2309
    94 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Been holding off one ewok zetas just in case. Doubt it’ll be jawas but we won’t know until c-3po drops
  • I really don’t want to farm murder bears... sigh.

Of all the OT toons they could put in, more ewoks or required ewoks would be my least favourit.

*fun fact: they were supposed to be Wookiee’s in the film but were changed due to budget cuts.