Ewoks

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    I will be pretty disappointed if it isnt 3po. (Even if I can't get him).
    He has been a long time in coming. It's a statement on the thought process of the game developers when we have gotten so many minor characters and not 3po.

Yeah me too. If they released all the good characters right away, my obsession for the game would’ve ended years ago. Because it wouldn’t exist anymore.

You have to save your big plays.
    But you get to them by presenting your little plays in between.
  • Options
    I really don’t want to farm murder bears... sigh.

Of all the OT toons they could put in, more ewoks or required ewoks would be my least favourit.

*fun fact: they were supposed to be Wookiee’s in the film but were changed due to budget cuts.
    Would you be happy with Tuskens, or more Rebels, or random people from Jabba's Palace?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    He has been a long time in coming. It's a statement on the thought process of the game developers when we have gotten so many minor characters and not 3po.

If they released all the good characters right away, my obsession for the game would’ve ended years ago. Because it wouldn’t exist anymore

Huh? That's not how that works. They release alternate versions of the good characters. That's why we have a team of Hans and a team of Chewy. Welcome to the game.
  • Options
    *fun fact: they were supposed to be Wookiee’s in the film but were changed due to budget cuts.

I find this funny as they are short.
  • Options
    I really don’t want to farm murder bears... sigh.

Of all the OT toons they could put in, more ewoks or required ewoks would be my least favourit.

Actually, I believe they were changed because we had met Chewbacca, who was established as a pilot and mechanic. Having Wookies be a primitive, non-space faring race would not have made sense given the example provided by Chewie. So they reversed the syllables. Wook-E became E-Wook, or Ewok.

It's also why we got Kashykk in the prequels. Lucas wanted to do a battle scene on the Wookie homeworld like he had wanted to do in RotJ.
  • Options
    Both correct to a degree. Lucas wanted them to go to the Wookiee home planet in A New Hope but cut it due to budgetary constraints (hence the attempt in the holiday special that went so wrong). He then revisited the idea in Jedi but felt that they couldn’t be primitive, so then shortened them and changed their names in the way mentioned! 😃
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

If they released all the good characters right away, my obsession for the game would’ve ended years ago. Because it wouldn’t exist anymore

Huh? That's not how that works. They release alternate versions of the good characters. That's why we have a team of Hans and a team of Chewy. Welcome to the game.

But who’s gonna want C3PO (Hoth)?

He’s a big card. Like R2D2. Who wasn’t released for like 2 years. They’re saving him for later, just like Jedi Luke.
  • Options

He’s a big card. Like R2D2. Who wasn’t released for like 2 years. They’re saving him for later, just like Jedi Luke.

You could have C-3PO (Red Arm), C-3PO (Ewok Deity) and C-33PO (Jabba's Translator) as alternate versions. Surely could come up with a couple others. Who wouldn't want to run the new meta 3PO Squad?
  • Options
    that is, until IX comes out and we get Old Lando, along with Skiff Guard Lando and General Calrissian for the all-Lando team.
  • Options
    palan_q wrote: »

You could have C-3PO (Red Arm), C-3PO (Ewok Deity) and C-33PO (Jabba's Translator) as alternate versions. Surely could come up with a couple others. Who wouldn't want to run the new meta 3PO Squad?

I replied something similar to this but it got picked up by the forum filter. It will probably show up in a couple hours and look completely akward and out of place in the conversation.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    palan_q wrote: »

But you can’t make money off of that many C3PO’s. I doubt they received the same amount of money for Chewbacca as they did Thrawn or R2.

In the end, the character name isn’t important. As much as I’d love to have a Jedi Luke, you could rename him Revan and it would work fine. It’s mostly the character kit that brings in money.

So yes @Ugnaught I agree that C3PO is overdue; but if they had released him at the beginning, where’s the money, or the hype in that?
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thinking they can't make money off multiple versions of the main characters of the franchise is simply false and has been proven so.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Thinking they can't make money off multiple versions of the main characters of the franchise is simply false and has been proven so.

But if you have four different C3PO’s, it makes him less significant. Young Solo? Could care less, there were already four other Han’s.

But anyway, more Ewoks, required for C3PO, would be great.
  • Options
    Honestly, I dont want C-3PO. There are just too many rebels in this game. Especially for rebel faction pack (not that I ever buy)
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Options
    Any thoughts on the best ewok lineup composition?
  • Options
    KewlLover wrote: »
    Honestly, I dont want C-3PO. There are just too many rebels in this game. Especially for rebel faction pack (not that I ever buy)

Yet they’re still not that good of a faction in comparison to Meta.
  • Options

Chirpa, Paploo, Wicket, Helder, Logray
  • Options

Chirpa, Paploo, Wicket, Helder, Logray

That's my line-up as well. They're certainly not meta, but they do hit way above their weight class. I think they may have some potential in the HSTR phase 2, but need to find a way to boost their damage.
  • Options
    True. Maybe it’s nothing. But who wants to be the guy proven wrong and panic farming?

Not me!

So you have jawas at gear 12 already? As someone pointed out legendaries are against an opposing faction. If it is 3po it would be strange for the requirement to be ewoks.

Totally, I’ve never seen C3PO interact with Ewoks!

But no, I think requiring Ewoks would make sense. It’s not opposing faction to spice things up, and all that Ewok god stuff is a light touch to the game
    Ever seen Rotj?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    True. Maybe it’s nothing. But who wants to be the guy proven wrong and panic farming?

Not me!

So you have jawas at gear 12 already? As someone pointed out legendaries are against an opposing faction. If it is 3po it would be strange for the requirement to be ewoks.

Totally, I’ve never seen C3PO interact with Ewoks!

But no, I think requiring Ewoks would make sense. It’s not opposing faction to spice things up, and all that Ewok god stuff is a light touch to the game
    Ever seen Rotj?

Ever heard of sarcasm?
    Or maybe you’re being sarcastic with me...
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be Imperial Troopers Vs Ewoks for 3P0?
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Ya get 2-4 zetas a month if you 7* wicket. Plus his hard node has stun guns. He is an awesome, fun character, and ewoks are fun to use.

All my ewoks are 5-7* and gear 9-10. I would be happy to finish them for a legendary character.

Pro tip: hide elder ewok with wickets stealth.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    How much would a team of Chirpa, Scout, Elder, Wicket and Teebo suck to use? Logray seems like a vital piece to an ewok team, but I only just have him at his 3* unlock. The 5 I listed are my only ewoks that are relatively high in star count, and only Teebo is higher than G6.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Why do you think Ewoks IF c3po comes around in a legendary or hero format. Why do you think they would have any old toons unlock new legendaries given the history of legendaries ? The same case of Ewoks could be made of tuskens or Jawas. You all are wasting your time with Ewoks or tuskens or Jawas .

I would be more inclined to say it’s Chewbacca that will be needed for c3po and four new marquees .
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be Imperial Troopers Vs Ewoks for 3P0?

Yes, but there is no money in that. Imp Troopers are a widely respected faction that has been generally well-developed. Ewoks are held in lower regard and have been considered mostly unimportant, so are more undeveloped and are therefore a better potential revenue stream. But then again, the same goes for jawas.

Guess you better build both if you want to be ahead of that game. ;)
  • Options
    Or maybe it's something like you have to use Ewoks to beat Imperial Troopers, and you have to keep C3PO alive.
  • Options
    There was an achievement that came out yesterday for having a 7* Wicket..... maaaaaaaybe.....
  • Options
    There was an achievement that came out yesterday for having a 7* Wicket..... maaaaaaaybe.....

Coincidence? Naaaaaah ... lol.
  • Options

Coincidence? Naaaaaah ... lol.

Naaaaaaaaah
  • Options
    There’s a scene in ROTJ where the rebels, including C3PO, get caught in a snare trap and surrounded by Ewoks. My guess is we’ll see a legendary event themed to that confrontation, where it’s your Ewok squad vs. the AI team of Raid Han, Rebel Chewie, R2, C3PO, and... Jedi Knight Luke.

Remember that both ESB Luke and lightsaber Rey were both on the holotables as NPCs before their respective hero’s journey events. I bet we’ll see ROTJ Luke in-game before he’s playable too.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.