What ackbar solo team am I closest too?

Just joined a much better guild (traya shards incoming!), but that means I should probably step it up if I wanna keep competing for that top Haat spot. Figured instead of beating around with improving multiple teams I should just go for a solo. My brief research was not fruitful so I figured I'd just make my own post

I know there are possible solo teams with- AA, CLS, BB, Hoda, and Ezra/Wampa/Yolo

I expect to put some gear forth no matter what option is easiest

I'm here to ask what are gear and mod requirements for each option, because I've pretty much got everyone starred (Wampa's missing 25 shards, but I figure by time I finish gearing whomever I'll have those shards)

so, anyone know gear/mod requirements? And if Wampa needs cornered beast zetaed, as he's the only dot inflictor (I've got the zeta, but I'd rather hold for Traya or Revan, whoever I get first)

Thanks!
my profile, just in case it's relevant-https://swgoh.gg/p/189794965/characters/

Replies

  • I'd recommend YOLO as the 5th.

    He's an easy gear, so I'd get him to g12, since he does the most damage, with CLS second.

    You want to mod YOLO for max crit damage and offense, with 2ndary speed. He will give himself +200 speed with his special, but the faster the better.

    Hyoda and BB8 should be modded maximum speed. Nothing else really matters. Ackbar should be mostly speed, with protection boosts to aid his survival.

    CLS should be modded for speed, potency, and offense.

    Phases 1 & 2 are the hardest. You want to get YOLO's offense up as high as possible by using his first special whenever it's available. When he is prepared, you want to start using his 2nd special to spread Prepared around your team to massively increase that attack's damage. He will also help keep Ackbar alive. Since YOLO's stacking offense lasts the entire battle, the higher it stacks in p1 will help you get through p2. You need to topple the tank before it gets a turn in order to maximize your damage. Whenever the tank stands up, you need to start figuring out how many times you can hit it with CLS or Han between topples, while still never letting it take a turn.

    In phase 3-4, it is super easy. If you've soloed so far, YOLO's offense is so high that his attacks will crush the B2 and the Tank - just make sure you keep using specials so nobody gets instant-killed by the turret or bombers.

  • I appreciate the response

    I was kinda figuring Yolo was the best option with all that bonus speed and passing crit damange up to CLS and calling him to assist, but was kinda hoping Wampa was somehow better cuz he's kinda got more uses elsewhere.

    Does ackbar need to live? I currently let him die, but I only solo p3 with the AA team. I know there's the advantage of an extra toon for Secret Intel, which means more BB8 tm gain and more ID going off. Is it needed or optional. (my guess is needed... sadly)

    does CLS need potency? tenacity down handles the main boss, but I guess potency would mean more debuffs on the side turrents/droids. Is it that big off a deal?

    with Hoda, you don't need the buffs cuz Grandmaster's training counts as a buff. Still gonna use the buffs tho

    my next question was gonna be on topples, but you answered that

    do CLS/Yolo need their g12 peices? I've been saving them so I can do it, but I like hoarding materials

    last thing (i hope) but does anyone know rough speeds/offense targets for the mods?
  • HK666 wrote: »
    does CLS need potency? tenacity down handles the main boss, but I guess potency would mean more debuffs on the side turrents/droids. Is it that big off a deal?

    Haven't done it myself, but I would guess that by that point Yolo will be doing enough damage to one-shot the turrets/droids.
  • crzydroid
    4129 posts Moderator
    HK666 wrote: »
    I appreciate the response

    I was kinda figuring Yolo was the best option with all that bonus speed and passing crit damange up to CLS and calling him to assist, but was kinda hoping Wampa was somehow better cuz he's kinda got more uses elsewhere.

    Does ackbar need to live? I currently let him die, but I only solo p3 with the AA team. I know there's the advantage of an extra toon for Secret Intel, which means more BB8 tm gain and more ID going off. Is it needed or optional. (my guess is needed... sadly)

    does CLS need potency? tenacity down handles the main boss, but I guess potency would mean more debuffs on the side turrents/droids. Is it that big off a deal?

    with Hoda, you don't need the buffs cuz Grandmaster's training counts as a buff. Still gonna use the buffs tho

    my next question was gonna be on topples, but you answered that

    do CLS/Yolo need their g12 peices? I've been saving them so I can do it, but I like hoarding materials

    last thing (i hope) but does anyone know rough speeds/offense targets for the mods?

    I use Wampa instead of YOLO, and not having Ackbar can mean the difference between an extra ID per topple. Not just for the extra SI, but also because he has two specials himself (which are also guaranteed Luke assists).

    I don't know how much damage YOLO can stack, but my guess is Ackbar would be a good help in p2 as well.

    If YOLO's g12 piece is a bayonet or something else that gives damage, that could potentially make a lot of difference.
  • HK666
    756 posts Member
    I figured Yolo over Wampa because Yolo keeps his damage bonus between phases, and regens team's protection, and there's no zeta required. Figured if I have to use Ackbar, using Yolo means it'll be easy to keep him alive.

    But, I think (not sure) that Wampa just does a lot more initial damage than yolo, and doesn't have to pop a buff every two turns, so Wampa prolly does better damage to the boss overall.

    Whenever I set this up, I'll probably use two of Yolo's g12 peices and ackbar. Realized a few days ago, that I can keep competing for top slots in my new guild without straight up soloing it. Just gotta throw in this team (not maxed out) at the end of p2
  • Dk_rek
    1068 posts Member
    If your gonna solo it ackbar should come in around 3.5-4mil damage (mostly from 1-3) if you wanna solo whole thing ackbar needs to be fast and still hit hard to help with p2 every crit helps
  • HK666
    756 posts Member
    Yeah, the videos I found mostly had ackbar at g12 and hitting way harder than I'd expected. Disheartening to watch, and I'll probably have to push this project back a while in favor of other things
  • Dk_rek
    1068 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »
    Yeah, the videos I found mostly had ackbar at g12 and hitting way harder than I'd expected. Disheartening to watch, and I'll probably have to push this project back a while in favor of other things

    All depends on P1 if your lucky and drag it out forever then ackbar damage wont matter han will crush..... if yer like me and give GG 2 green triangles and always mess up #7 you need luke n ackbar hitting hard as possible but 300 speed bb8 prob most imoprtant lol..... dont forget have prepared passed to everyone and have masters training on everyone and ID ready to go second p1 is down or nothing you do will matter
  • If AA lead, I'd go for Wampa.
    If YOLO is easier for you then try it with Thrawn lead instead. You manipulate it such that you take longer to clear P1 but ramp up more offense for YOLO to take down the subsequent phases.
  • HK666
    756 posts Member
    Rather unexpected update-
    the team, as it is now, which is not nearly ready to solo the entire thing, g8 unmodded ackbar and g10 yolo, +59 speed bb8, +65 speed hoda, +71 speed g12 CLS was able to solo p3 (easily) and then smashed p4 with like 8 turns till enrage.

    in p3, I ran as almost slowly as possible. No call to action, no ID, only use Han's damage special to heal protection and spread prepared. Ackbar obviously died early, but by time I got out of p3 Han had stacked enough offense that the tank fell. I was kinda worried that I'd run out of time and be cut off (that hour after the first person finishes the raid) cuz I had no idea when my guild mates finished it, but it worked
  • You think this could work with Thrawn in place of Hoda? I want to try something similar, but I don't even have Hoda unlocked yet.
  • cls, hyoda, bb8, ackbar and yolo. no other replacement is possible in that team. regular soloist here. all done in line with mcmole2's video, easiest solo. have all other teams, wampanader is the hardest to setup for me
  • Yeah hoda is needed.

    Hoda's every move calls CLS to assist, and then there's the 25% offense he brings everyone and the group hugs, which means both Yolo and CLS attack

    Thrawn has fracture, which does slow the tank, but his other two moves don't do enough. Yolo already handles protection recovery for the group, and passing a turn isn't quite as good as calling an assist (an assist can't be countered)

    Pretty sure Yolo can be replaced by Wampa, but Yolo is the easier run, and easier to star up
  • YOLO is also very easy to gear.

    Wampa doesn't hit that much harder than YOLO at the beginning, but each phase you have to build up his offense stacking again. He works really well with Zader lead because his offense stacks alongside DOTs, but Ackbar lead isn't building up a bunch of DOTs.
  • U can also run thrawn lead yolo luke bb8 and hermit and solo the whole thing
Sign In or Register to comment.